[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's up with /vp/ complaining about Pokémon Go? All this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 1465244833057.jpg (564 KB, 1000x1506) Image search: [Google]
1465244833057.jpg
564 KB, 1000x1506
What's up with /vp/ complaining about Pokémon Go? All this talk about normie ruining Pokémon is stupid, why would you hate your favorite franchise making money and getting more popular? Isn't it nice to go back to the day when times were simple? When all you cared about is catching Pokémon and playing with your friends? Stop complaining and find your way back into those good times, this is what Pokémon Go is to me personally.
>>
>Pokemon Go making money
>Somehow this helps gamefreak and in turn us

???
>>
>>27075408
It takes away from discussing practically anything else, and has gotten very old very quickly.
Other than that, I'm glad for this success for Pokémon.
>>
>Go
>making money
Is it? I know it's a fucking phenomenon but you don't really need money to experience it at all.
>>
>>27075431
That just shows how good it's catched on to people, and honestly its nice to have Pokémon back where it used to be, it feels nice.
>>
/vp/ just being contrarians

GO will die out in a week or so, normies will get tired of griding and return to FOE-like games
>>
>>27075444
that's what people say about a lot of mobile games, theres always gonna be people out there who want to spend
>>
>>27075408

>When all you cared about is catching Pokémon and playing with your friends?

>playing with your friends

>friends

Sort of answered your own question
>>
>>27075408
>why would you hate your favorite franchise making money and getting more popular?

Go just terrifies me because of future prospects. They're already making a mobile Fire Emblem game, and that scares me. I don't want that to be the future.
>>
File: 1467778248394.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1467778248394.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>27075541
haha that clever
>>
>>27075548
Can't fight synergy and diversification into new platforms. All gaming companies are going to have a strong mobile presence in the near future. Been saying this for a few years.
>>
>>27075610

I can only imagine it'll have a negative effect on the game quality. Pokemon at least has the mainline series so I'm not as worried about it. For other series, I'm not so optimistic.
>>
>>27075548
I'm afraid of Animal Crossing going mobile personally. If that series goes normie it's just going to become social media shit, and barely be a game anymore.
>>
>>27075632
Even for a mobile game, Pokémon Go is quite accessible and you don't need to buy anything if you don't want to, it's nice.
>>
>>27075663

Like I said, I don't mind Go too much. I can't really say much, I haven't tried it. I just don't want a bunch of series to move main titles solely to mobile.
>>
>>27075663
Normie confirmed.
>>
File: 1465307272358.jpg (730 KB, 1800x2454) Image search: [Google]
1465307272358.jpg
730 KB, 1800x2454
>>27075705
No, I'm just someone who likes GO for what it is, I don't need a bunch of fags on a forum to tell me what I should like or not.
>>
>>27075758
Go is a shitty mobile game that succeeds at one of two things (or both):
Getting a significant amount of location data from you for their own marketing and money-making purposes
OR
getting you to spend a fuckload of money on micro-transactions.

Either way, you're lining the pockets of Niantic, GameFreak and Nintendo. Fucking retard.

Also:
>someone who likes GO
>forum
newfag normie confirmed.
>>>/out/
>>
>>27075705
>>27075809

All that cynicism is dangerous guys. Probably why you'll both die alone
>>
I wouldn't mind them being here if they fucking understood that the almost hundreds of threads that are being made daily could all be lumped into one single thread.

I woke up and checked /vp/ to find about 5 or 6 GO threads about the exact same topic, all made at different times and all with little interest other than people telling them to fuck off and stop posting.

/vp/ doesn't move as fast as it used to, these threads are around for most of the day till they fall off the board and the abrupt increase of unnecessary threads is insanely annoying.

We were blessed with /vp/ as a containment measure, learn from that and contain yourselves to the fucking /pgg/ thread.
>>
>>27075828
We'll all die alone.
>>
>>27075828
>replying to (obviously) the same person
>being this new
But yes, I'm going to die alone.

>>27075859
Agreed, it's fucking annoying. There is a general for a reason, but they don't use it.

I think we need /vpg/ or something if this shit doesn't stop.
>>
>>27075758
>I don't need a bunch of fags on a forum to tell me what I should like or not

Sure, because you and your kind forcibly shoving this crap down our throats by infesting our image board with your cancerous and cringe worthy selves by spamming up the place with incessant, arbitrary events that you had that about 100+ other people have just experienced on your freemium, mobile game tied with the need to make an entirely new thread about it every 10 minutes each is completely justifiable

Why don't you GO fucking kill yourself?
>>
>>27075930
I bet you have a ton of friends. Perhaps you should get off the Internet and GO get a gf
>>
>>27075930
This.

>>27076048
What a creative comeback. Did your mother come up with that for you?
>>
>What a creative comeback. Did your mother come up with that for you?

No bro. I haven't talked to my mom in a while. Unlike you I don't still live with my mom.
>>
>>27075859
It's a game with huge buzz that's been out for less than a week, really hard to contain to just one thread (like it should be). By the time the next Sun and Moon updates come out the board will focus on that instead, the GO stuff calming down and containing to a general.

>>27075930
Jesus Christ, you're triggered over a game you don't like being popular on your Philippino flip art forum.
>>
So let me get this straight. /vp/ has been filled with bullshit YouTube threads for what seems like eternity and you faggots don't give a fuck. Then a mobile Pokémon game comes out and proves you aren't the only ones that like the franchise, then all of a sudden there's a problem on /vp/?
I think the real problem are you retards who for some reason place all your identity in the belief you're part of some secret club of Pokémon players, when in reality Pokémon has never been a secret club, it was a global phenomenon when it was released. Would you guys have complained about normies in 98? Of course not cause it's obvious you guys weren't even born yet
>>
I just counted around 40 threads related to GO in any way, including the GO Hate Threads. 40 fucking threads.
>>
>>27076188
Are you going to also complain when Sun and Moon come out and there is more than 40 threads on that?
>>
>>27077377

When Sun and Moon come out at least there will be things to actually discuss

>story
>characters
>new Pokemon
>new moves
>new abilities
>other features

Everything there is to talk about GO has already been talked about.
>>
>>27075408
Seeing 3 go general threads on first page may annoy a bit, anon
>>
>>27077482
>not using the catalog
Come on anon, they even got one built in now.
>>
Pokemon Go is a good idea because its simple and easy to use, people of any age or country can play this game, and of course you don't need to buy an entire new console to enjoy a pokemon game.
>>
>>27077503
>people of any age or country can play this game, and of course you don't need to buy an entire new console
That's exactly the problem. The game is too accessible. It will only attract casuals that haven't played any games after Gen 1 or are only in it because it's their "childhood xD".

It panders to retards. And Gamefreak will dumb the main games even more down.

Going mobile is a mistake, Nintendo and/or Gamefreak rather should've joined Sony.
>>
>>27075644
Animal Crossing would be the game that would benefit the most from mobile, frankly. It's heavily dependent on social activities, doesn't have complicated mechanics, and revolves on slowly collecting shit over time which is perfect for a mobile game
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.