[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 320x320
WHY ARE THE POKEMON GO MODELS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OF THE 3DS MODELS???
>>
WHY ARE YOU SUCH A COCK SUCKING FAGGOT OP.
>>
>>27074175
1) They aren't, they're incredibly low-detail. They just look better because of the game's resolution. The actual models are way worse.
2) There are only 151 (I assume).
3) They have very few basic animations.
>>
>>27074231
This.

But they look better because the 3ds is 240p trash, where most mobiles have a higher resolution.
>>
>more powerful hardware
>higher-res screen
>more realistic lighting model, probably because cel shading would clash badly with the real world
>all you're rendering is the Pokemon itself

They might be the same models as the main games', but it's hard to tell for sure.
>>
File: comparison.jpg (54 KB, 682x400) Image search: [Google]
comparison.jpg
54 KB, 682x400
>>27074255

Pic related is what the same model (ripped from X/Y) looks like with a realistic shader and a cartoony one.
>>
>>27075129
btw, how do you even rip them? And what format are they in?
>>
>>27075316

I'm not sure. I got the model from http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/ and they're in both FBX and DAE formats.

When I made a thread doing art style comparisons last year, some bro as fuck anon ripped models that people requested but weren't on the site. These are all OBJ format only. https://a.pomf.cat/qidjga.zip
>>
They are confirmed the same models
>>
Textures are better, shader compliments the textures.
Game Freak could easily make the current models look this good without even starting from scratch, but they prefer fullbright cell shading and flat textures. Don't ask me why.
>>
>>27075713
it's to make them look more like the Sugimori art.
>>
>>27075129
Cartoony one looks better
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.