[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we make Ice and Steel mirror eachother offensive/defensively.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: balance.jpg (261 KB, 1692x1644) Image search: [Google]
balance.jpg
261 KB, 1692x1644
ITT we make Ice and Steel mirror eachother offensive/defensively. >balance

Give ice two more resists
Give ice 6 more things to hit super effectively. 7 if we count steels poison immunity as a resist.
Give steel one more weakness.
>>
>>27073438
I always thought ice should resist bug and water, maybe even grass and also super effect bug. I don't think you'd be able to do your whole balance thing with ice super effecting so much and have them make sense
>>
File: 1378876202935.png (622 KB, 900x731) Image search: [Google]
1378876202935.png
622 KB, 900x731
>>27073438
You're not going to balance ice at all by making it waaaaay offensive. It's just gonna make more sense to have a poke with ice type moves instead of an ice type mon.

Really REALLY what gf should have done when they made fairy was make ice SA against it AND resist it. That would've done wonders for the type.
>>
>>27074409
>nerf bug
really?!
>>
File: comfyrocks.png (318 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
comfyrocks.png
318 KB, 600x463
>>27078912

Same with bug actually. Didn't make sense for them to use fairy as a dragon Nerf bc dragon has next to no offensive capabilities and steel blew it out of the water as a defensive type.
>>
>>27078912
Nah.

There should be a type that's as much as a death sentence to be weak to as it is to not have any way to break steel.
Either that or you do the inverse of this here, and make steel match ice.
>>
>>27078946

That's more to do with the fact that they gave Dragon several high BP moves with wide distribution and virtually no drawbacks. And GF's obstinate refusal to nerf/buff things and preferring to make something to counter it instead.

Dragon isn't hot offensively, but a 120 BP Outrage that more than half of all Dragons could use, with STAB and potentially coming off one or more Dragon Dances is gonna hurt regardless of it not hitting super effectively.
>>
Ice should just resist Dragon and Fairy.
>>
>>27079243
Dragon was pretty good defensively up until Gen 6. Obviously if you're using Steel as your benchmark for good, it was mediocre but it had four useful resistances and two easy to predict weaknesses, so i'd rank it with poison in terms of defensive merit
>>
>>27080002
>nerfing dragon again
>>
>>27080116
dragons have a lot of coverage moves
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.