[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sooooo will they add more content? This will get old real fast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 5
File: 20160708_215410.jpg (88 KB, 576x325) Image search: [Google]
20160708_215410.jpg
88 KB, 576x325
Sooooo will they add more content? This will get old real fast
>>
Maybe.
>>
>>27072340
The rest of the pokemon are confirmed being added at some point and there's talk of new features but no confirmation on those.

It'll die down even if it gets new content by the way, that's how fads work.
>>
>>27072364
>The rest of the pokemon are confirmed being added at some point

Source? Last I heard, they said they were considering it, but there was no solid confirmation that they were.
>>
>>27072453
Cause then this game would be boring within a few weeks of constant playing
>>
>>27072453
e3 presentation
>>
>>27072340
Consider the following deluded pipedream
>new pokemon are never revealed any other way than post-hidden release date GO encounters
>people scramble en masse to catch the newest mon
>people FINALLY appreciate new monsters
>people retroactively accept gen 2-6 mons for this reason of being "new to them"
>hype is had and enjoyed by all
>pokemon never dies
>>
>>27072364
I think they mentioned some sort of connectivity with sun and moon, so that's a plus
>>
>>27072618
That'd be cool
>>
Give my fucking Piplup
>>
>>27072453
They literally said they were going to do this since before it came out dingus
>>
I also posted this on /v/ but I'll post here as well. The lack of newer Pokemon is a business decision. I'm actually connected to people who are associated with Niantic and here's the gist:

They're not going to add Pokemon from Gen 2 and above at the moment because most normies either hate them or aren't at all familiar with them, and since Go is primarily appealing to the nostalgia of normies right now they don't want to lose the bulk of their userbase right away when the app has just taken off the ground.

But as we all know, Facebook normies have a low attention span and eventually lose interest at any point from a few months to as little as one week. Niantic understands that they'll eventually need to add the current roster to keep their app's popularity afloat once that demographic stops using it, so it's really a matter of waiting.
>>
>>27073631
Let's hope they add features such as 1on1 combat and trading, literrally can't wait, didn't realize until reality hit me, i can't catchem all on my own
>>
>>27072689
that would actually be phenomenal. Imagine being able to transfer a Pokemon over
>>
>generation 2 adds training
>playership remains steady due to overall acceptance of gen 2 and trading being a major wanted feature
>gen 3 introduces battling
>audiences who got bored after gen 2 surge for the most wanted feature despite adding Pokemon only real fans care about
They're out of major features to save the game by gen 4 though
>>
>>27072340
NEWS:
http://www.thisisinsider.com/pokmon-go-will-get-pokmon-trading-2016-7I
>>
>>27076773
you underestimate how popular gen 3 is amongst mobile phone users, it's the most pirated gen which is relevant to emulators, which is relevant to mobile.

What will happen.
>Monetize pokestops/gyms in some way, they have said they want to "have more to them"
>Add some half baked breeding mechanics, egg mechanics already exist.
>Add a new gen of pokemon every time it stops being ridiculously popular
>OR add the fucking lot on SMs release as an advertisement for SM
>No battling ever
>>
>>27072340
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF OP
>>
>>27076815
>breeding mechanic

Please no, breeding is already boring as hell in the main games and I assume It will be just as annoying if not worse in Go
>>
>>27073631
Sounds fair. Fix the servers, do a global release, add trading, improve the battling and features, then finally starting adding newer gens.
>>
>>27076773
Well there's GTS services, Secret Bases, and a League mechanic they can make.
>>
I got the app on the release day here in New Zealand so I've had it a few days, I will say, it is starting to get a bit stale getting the same mon's everyday, they should've released Gen 2 along with Gen 1 because most people who know Pokemon know Gen 2 since they were so close together, it would've added more variety.
I understand them wanting to hold them back tho, it's a good way to keep the app fresh in the future.

Also, does it matter if people know don't the later Gen Pokemon? They're going to catch them regardless, this is also a good way for people to familiarize themselves with the later generations and possibly get more fans/promotion for those Pokemon/Games.
>>
>>27076773
>Gen 2 is event legendaries
>Gen 3 is trading
>Gen 4 is 1 v 1
>Gen 5 is tag battles and megas
>Gen 6 introduces the elite 4 and champ in some capacity

There. That way every new batch of Pokemon has something that normies will flock to.
>>
>>27077137
and gen 7?
>>
>>27077193
Breeding
>>
>>27077137
>megas
cancer
>>
>>27072340
>This will get old real fast

I'm wondering how long till it's not longer the hotest app. Like will it even last next weekend or what?
>>
File: canon.png (104 KB, 155x324) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
104 KB, 155x324
>>27072340
It's already gotten old for me. I was hoping this would be a fun time waster to tide me over until Sun and Moon, but I'm already bored with it now.
>>
>>27072618
I feel like this is completely possible, that's why I can't wait for new mons to be added. Also gen 1 has my second to least favorite pokemon.
>>
>Can't battle in the wild
DOA for me.
>>
>>27077328
>Like will it even last next weekend or what?
It'll last for maybe a month. They're gonna be doing a global release pretty soon which might make it last longer
>>
No variety in encountered Pokemon is so far the only thing that really bugs me with this app and I'm sure I'm not the only one, they should add the other Generations as fast as possible.
>>
They said they were going to add trading sometime after release. Perhaps next month or so once it's worldwide.
They desperately need some more player interactions.
>>
Fix the functionality before anything else. And when I say functionality, I mean it. Eliminate crashing entirely and make it a smooth experience.

Once you actually get the game to be playable at all times, which is what a game is supposed to be like, THEN you can focus on whatever else.
>>
>>27077518
As much as I hate only seeing gen 1 mons this is such a huge fucking issue. I can't take over any gyms because of the HP glitch and its driving me insane
>>
Trading and battling should have been a day 1 thing, without a doubt. I'm legitimately shocked that they believed that it's okay to release a Pokemon game without the ability to trade or battle other players.
>>
So is it better to beef up a pokemons CP before or after evolution?
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 215x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 215x251
>>27072340
They just announced the way to add Trading Mode and teased at a future update.
Pic related.
>>
honestly its getting old to people who are fucking playing non stop everyday, On my way to work ill see if I can collect any mons and then on my way back home. This game isnt something for you to fiend like a autist, this game is to periodically check and go off course to get what you want. NOT SPEND YOUR WHOLE DAY ON
>>
how the fuck people even enjoy it.
It's battle system is shit and the gimmick of catching pokemons is boring after a hour
>>
>Stupid as fuck battle system

Why didn't they just use the basic one from the games?
>>
>>27077761
They will never release trading and battles because there would be very little incentive for you to go out and buy the new shit Pokemon game
>>
>>27078558
Also wondering this
>>
>>27073449
He's asking for a source. Which I would like as well. Not you just saying it over and over.
>>
If i claim a gym can i put more than one pokemon there or will it stay level 1? Im the only instinct in my town.....
>>
>>27077542
What is the HP glitch. I have so many problems with gyms

Several in my area are totally broken
>>
>>27078913
Just 1
>>
>>27076802
>>27076802
>>27076802
>>27076802
GUYS.
>>
>>27077338
Come on anon, you don't even have nostalgic feels based off several years of your childhood having those 151 being the only pocket monsters you knew? Surely you must have some affection towards them!
>>
Can anyone link me a wiki or something that explains how half of this shit fucking works?

Why does moving grass half of the time not make a pokemon appear? What are the ripples I see occasionally in the middle of nowhere? Why do pokemon just disappear sometimes? If I have a fainted pokemon is a revive the only way to revive it? Is potions the only way to heal? How do you do special moves in combat? Can you even do special moves? I'm just assuming you can because the meter fills up and flashes. How in the actual fuck do gyms work? I thought I could put my own pokemon in there to make it stronger but I can't figure out how. All I can do is spar with the ones that are already there.
>>
Things Go needs:

>A full scale map, not just centered on you
>A Pokestop history (also viewable from above map) so you caneed catch those all as well
>A territory map where adjacent gyms controlled by the same team are connected and the area inside is shaded to the controlling team
>Territory bonuses like better and rarer mons, faster egg hatching etc
>A battle mode for players in the same location
>>
>>27072340
It's not even released in Europe. Pretty sure your content will take time to come as it will still be pretty fresh for those who can't get the app yet.
>>
>>27079049

>full scale map

I like the exploration aspect desu.

>Territory bonus

Why? What would be rational for that? Don't reply, rhetorical question.

>trainer battles

Holy fuck yes soon, I will stop playing if this doesn't happen.
>>
File: 11.png (274 KB, 1024x715) Image search: [Google]
11.png
274 KB, 1024x715
>battle with other players
>trade with other players
>chat with other players
>special events for legendary pokemons
>new pokemons till generation 3
>new costumes for characters
>LEADERBOAD

those all the things game needs then its perfect especially leaderboard because of typical online game mentality people wants to achieve something and be the first one and wants to see him/herself on the list.
>>
>>27079087
I want a full scale map mostly to track where I've been. I would also like it to place a marker where I've caught dudes.

I was thinking territory control since there need to be more incentive to control gyms. Right now it's for pride and some coins, but everything sold in the shop is worthless
>>
>>27076834

I love breeding in the games. Only because it feels great when my Gastrodon survives an attack it wouldnt have if its ivs were not perfect, allowing it to use recover and win the game.

Every time your mon lives on 1 or 2 hp, you appreciate breeding, and it happens way more often than you'd think.
>>
>>27077542
>tfw had the HP glitch since launch
>haven't been able to take down a singular gym
Anyone know any solutions?
>>
We will never get other gen because it fucks up the mechanics of the game. Good luck catching multiples of shit when your odds have been reduced 6x.
>>
>>27079021

You have to hold your pokemon until it jses the move to use its special move. Im pretty sure you ae invulnerable when using the move too (unless they also use a special move). Some are better than others though. My pidgeots normal attack does 12 nd is fast af, but its special air cutter only does 25 and is very slow, so not worth it.
>>
>>27079315

Thats actually a great point. Only way to make it special would be if all gens were realeased at once, but countries all got different mons, so you wojld have to literally travel the world to catch em all.
>>
>>27078847
Because clearly that's too complex, even though it's one of these most fucking basic systems around.

Trainer vs trainer battles and trading !just be too complex for them as well. It's so funny, the core aspects that make a Pokemon game feel like a Pokemon game are just battling, capturing, trading, but they couldn't manage to even do that. Wasted potential.
>>
>>27076802
>>27078969
>Whoops!
>Something went wrong.
>(404 page not found)
Try harder next time.
>>
>>27072453
Nigga there's an achievement for catching 10 Dark types. Do you see any Dark types in Kanto?
>>
>>27072340
>more content
>more

it needs to have content to begin with before they can add more
>>
>>27072689
Is there any reason to do this? Do GO mons learn moves that their mainline title variations don't have access to?
>>
>>27078900
E3

PRESENTATION
>>
>>27079159
>everything sold in the shop is worthless
>incense, lure mods, and incubators
>worthless

You have a funny definition of worthless.
>>
They need to add in PvP battles and trading. But don't allow trading from people all over the world, or else it would be too easy to catch em all. Maybe just a half a mile radius. I imagine PvP battles will keep the game from ever getting boring. Add in the later gen Pokemon as well.
>>
>>27078900

Fucking idiot
>>
>>27079159
In each pokemon's profile there's a little map showing the region in which it was caught
>>
how the rural bros doing? catch anything yet?
>tfw house isnt even on the map
>>
>>27072618
I wish this happened. Infact it's my biggest concern/curiosity regarding Pokemon GO: What will normies think when the Pokemon from newer generations are added?
>>
>>27072340
>Getting old
>Still probably hasn't caught them all
I want normalfags to leave.
>>
>>27080911
>Lmao what are these fag pokemon 151 for life
>Holy shit 1000+ CP [Gen2-6 mon]
>This nigga is now my bro and has been taken on all da gyms
>Maybe gen2-6 mon ain't so bad.

This is how it will go down. I'm actually more excited to see what news bros people will get, since they might use a Pokemon they would've ignored because they got high CP.
>>
>>27081076
That's how it works in the normal games. At some point you'll need someone for surf/fly/etc and you usually end up bagging some random new water/flying type which ends up becoming your bro 4 life.

When we were kids and first played Pokemon, certain designs grew on us as we used them in battle, and they gradually became our favorites. The newer Pokemon games go through the same process. Bag some Pokemon, they grow on us, they become our favorites.

Some people are too insecure and only want to go through that process once while they're toddlers.
>>
>>27076834

What if breeding is literally just "Hey, you got this egg!" after putting in two parents, and the egg just works the same as others, so you can breed rare Pokemon to trade them to friends?

I mean, eggs are already in GO.
>>
>>27076834
consider that
>some pokestops are now daycare
>you can leave two pokemon in every daycare in your city
>>
SOMEONE WITNESSES MURDER WHILE PLAYING POKEMON GO ON LIVE STREAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qfYX-W8E3w
>>
>>27078983

>tfw 21 and barely remember Gen 1 at all

You have to realize that it's gotten to the point where not everyone who effectively skipped Gen 1 is underage anymore.

I mean, I played Yellow as my first game, but I don't remember shit about it other than like, one encounter with Jessie and James outside of a cave. That's it. I remember Silver much more vividly.
>>
>>27077761
It's amazing how they dropped the ball on that. Trading Pokemon is a great way to increase the popularity of the game, and pretty much every single stranger I've talked to playing this has asked how do you battle other people.
>>
What does the rustling grass mean? I've gotten it within my radius but nothing happened. Do you have to walk directly into it for a pokemon to spawn? Usually it's in people's yards for me.
>>
>>27080126
Thank you, this statement made me feel much better about the future of this game.
>>
>>27085323
DramaAlert did a news on it https://youtu.be/i0eaUqmt1W0
>>
>>27085656
I think it just increases the chance of pokemans

no one really knows for sure but it seems pretty useless
>>
>>27072340
One of the things they should do is increase the rewards for "hostpot" gyms.
For example, a gym in Central Park NY is going to be harder to hold for 21hours than a gym in Cincinnati OH.
So the Central Park gym should give considerably more Stardust.
>>
>>27085770
>watching dramaalert and keemcer

You gotta be 18 plus to post here, faggot.
>>
>>27073631
>Normies either hate or are not familiar with gen 2

Most normies are too young to have been around for Gen 1 so why would Gen 2 being unfamiliar be a problem? And all gens are available in the games so anybody playing those are familiar with Gen 2.

And it's a stretch to assume most people would on average dislike all of the gen 2 pokemon over 1 to the point of it hurting sales

Either you're trolling or those guys are making a mistake to base their business decisions off of assumptions like those
>>
>>27072340
First they need to release this game globaly and stabilize their shitty toaster servers.
Then, add new mons little by little in patches, revealing only gameplay changes not content.
>>
>>27073631
this doesn't sounds like insider connections, just a common sense opinion. desu with all the normies gone the game will lose a bit of its charm
>>
File: Ogreload.png (196 KB, 294x292) Image search: [Google]
Ogreload.png
196 KB, 294x292
>Run out of pokeballs, have a wifi router and no data plan, 400 exp until Level 7 , bike down to church around 4 miles away in hopes for wifi, get wifi , Servers down.
>>
Trading will ruin the game.
>>
>live in Somalia
>1 kbps wifi
>go outside to take over a gym
>get shot at
>>
>>27085323
>that video description

What the hell is wrong with teens today?
>>
>>27077761
The reason why trading isn't here is this.
The higher level players can easily distribute pokemon to you through trading that you won't see for like 10+ levels.

So lets say you're level 5 and suddenly lo and behold a level 30 player comes along and gives you every pokemon you'll see for the next 15 levels

Well now for the next 15 levels you have nothing new to run into and it will all be weaker than what you were traded anyway. So it destroys the incentive to go out and catch things on your own
>>
>>27086049
why do you care
are you a fag?
>>
>>27086012
Dude there are literally no pokestops or gyms in Somalia. Closest is Kenya.
>>
>>27072340
Almost guaranteed.

We aren't even at V1 of the game and are pretty much just playing a beta.
>>
>>27085323

>I thought he was playing pokemon

Fucking kek'd
>>
>>27085992
are you me? wtf

...don't actually respond, this might cause a time paradox
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpoISXxchaU
NORMIES ARE TAKING OVER POKEMON GO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27086461
Why's that guy fucking around with his crotch for 10 seconds straight right in front of a stranger.
Fucking normies...
>>
I tried to catch a legendary but my phone wouldn't let me throw a pokeball at myself. :/
>>
http://abc7chicago.com/news/mo-police-armed-robbers-used-pokemon-go-to-target-victims/1421068/
kek
>>
>>27077329
You got to play it on hard mode, try only using wifi hot spots.
>>
I think most people including normalfags will stop when they complete the dex

I'm actually over the novelty already and dont want to play much anymore
>>
I live in a suburb in northern cali and literally every time I look, no matter where I am, every pokemon is max distance
nice fucking game
>>
>>27076772
It really wouldn't be though, unless they have special GO abilities which would still be arguably a bad thing.
>>
>>27085949
I've seen people flat out say only the original 151 pokemon are 'real'. Basically liking the originals is okay, but liking the series as a whole is bad somehow. I honestly don't know how the minds of these people work?

They'll make excuses for this piece of shit game till their last death, too, even though it clearly has a ton of problems.
>>
>>27088104
>I live in a suburb in northern cali and literally every time I look, no matter where I am, every pokemon is max distance
same here. where do you live? santa rosa here
>>
>>27088559
sacramento
I just went to a family function like a mile away and I walked
was literally watching the app the entire time and every pokemon was always max distance the whole way there and the whole way back
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.