[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never played Pokémon before and know nothing about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 1337079363626.jpg (1004 KB, 1000x934) Image search: [Google]
1337079363626.jpg
1004 KB, 1000x934
I have never played Pokémon before and know nothing about the series. What game should I play first and why?
>>
>>27068500
you are a terrible fucking liar nigga
>>
>>27068500
FireRed or LeafGreen for GBA. It's like the originals but actually good.
>>
File: 1461342683239.jpg (83 KB, 484x600) Image search: [Google]
1461342683239.jpg
83 KB, 484x600
If you're absoutely new:
Get fire red or leaf green, for the most basic/core experience of the franchise. They're remakes of the originals.

If you want generally good classic (but outdated) experience, try these, which are frequently the favorite amongst most people:
-Emerald
-Platinum
-HeartGold/SoulSilver
-Black2/White2

Any other version other than that is also good, but tends to have more flaws.

If you straight up just want to jump into the wagon of hype, just get the newest games, or wait until Sun/Moon get released
>>
>>27068500

I've got a similar case with a friend of mine. He's never played pokemon and I wanna get him into it. I've figured I'd start him from the beginning (gen 1), but I'm hung up on whether I should start him with Firered/Leafgreen or Red/Blue. FR/LG are better in terms of graphics and mechanics, but R/B is the best representation of what I experienced living during the height of pokemania.

Should I run him through the objectively shittier version for muh nostalgia or will it just be lost on him? I'm really torn...
>>
>>27068804

Gen 1 will lose him, we don't have the patience of 9 year old kids anymore, red and blue are only to be used for your own nostalgia, but introducing them to new people will just drive them away.
>>
>>27068601
Listen to this guy, but play B/W then B2/W2 for story shit.
>>
>>27068601
This about sums it up, well said anon.
>>
>>27068601
/thread

Nice work, anon.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.