[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starter Trio Art Eclipsed? (ha)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 470x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 470x1024
I try to approach this shit with a healthy dose of skepticism, but I can't see many plausible reasons for the "leaked" artwork to disappear from google images when it's been sitting at the top of the "sun and moon starter evolutions" images for months.

But I do wonder why Nintendo would just NOW take them down, if the art is legit, as they've been around for a while.

Is it possible Nintendo (or the original artist) requested the take-downs solely to fuck with us?

GameFreak could totally do it to throw people off the trail, and if that's the case, it's working.

Similarly, the artist could have seen the China leak and decided to troll everyone with the image's mass-vanishing. Although, the disappearance seems to be too thorough for one casual artist to orchestrate.

I know, these hypotheticals are bonkers, but I can't believe Nintendo just caught wind of that picture if it's a legit leak.

Something's up here. Does this confirm the art? Is there any room for coincidence? Discuss.

>still choosing rowlet
>>
File: 14680984770481.jpg (191 KB, 470x1024) Image search: [Google]
14680984770481.jpg
191 KB, 470x1024
>>27064636
>>
>inb4 nutzbol-

>>27064666
Oh, nevermind
>>
>>27064636

The fact that it's being taken down IS suspicious, but I'll doubt their authenticity until we actually get official confirmation. That being said, I'm absolutely okay with these being the real final evos
>>
>>27064636
>it´s been sitting at the top of the images for months

Anon I tried to find them on last week iirc and couldn´t find them so easy, now they are easier to find.
>>
>>27064680
>inb4 avidr-

Oh, nevermind
>>
Shut up faggot
>>
Complete trash, just like gen 6's starters.
>>
>>27064723 (You)
>>
>>27064636
HA
Rowlet: Tinted Lens
Litten: Mold Breaker, Sheer Force or Adaptability
Popplio: Serene Grace
>>
File: 1466870130027.png (78 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1466870130027.png
78 KB, 375x375
>Leaks supposedly already have about one month now
>Only now Nintendo/Game Freak does shit about it one month later

Riiiiight.

And I'm not even bringing up the possibility that Nintendo's research crew might be possibly lurking every inch of these boards since they are so popular with Pokemon fans nowadays, even more now that Go launched and every fucking place ever.

Otherwise, they wouldn't be spewing hot memes every now and then either from here, Reddit or Tumblr.
>>
>>27064694
really? when this "news" story blew up I recognized the image instantly and I know I've seen it plenty in the past. I was checking frequently for leaks after the starters were first unveiled, as I'm sure many others were.

I can't claim I've checked for it in the past week (before the alleged take-downs) but my google image search isn't turning it up at all now.

Is there a way to pull up archived google image searches from the past? or any similar method of authenticating that the disappearance actually occurred, besides hearsay and "fired GF translaturrrs"
>>
I hope you guys realize that last week a bunch of anons sent all the starters to Masuda on Twitter.

Might explain the takedown.
>>
>>27065249
So if these leaked concept arts were supposed to be the real deal...could Masuda theoretically change their designs completely now because of all this?
>>
>>27065331
Uh, no. That's not how making games works.
>>
>It's a Avidraco take obvious bait episode.
>>
>>27065331
Pokémon take months to design if I recall correctly. The designs aren't being panned into oblivion and lots of more casual fans haven't seen them yet, so why change them anyway? This is assuming they're real of course.
>>
>>27064636
>>27064691
Nothing has been removed from Google Images you fucking summerfag.

See
>>27059263
>>27063927
>>27065428
>>
>>27065707
Thread got deleted, here's the main points:
- the image is still in Google search (there is no reason for it to be any higher than it is)
- Google images avoids showing duplicate images
- if images are removed for copyright reasons there is always a DMCA notice at the bottom of the page
>>
>>27065249
this assumes that Nintendo/GF somehow didn't see the alleged leaks until people tweeted the photo to him, which I find unlikely.

>>27065751

I didn't see the photo on the first few pages of google images using that (or a similar) search term when I made this thread, but maybe there's regional variance in results or (more likely) I'm just blind. I'll have to check again.

The duplicate images thing goes without saying, although this time last month there were individual image results for the art seperated into its thirds, as well as altogether like in the original. I don't recall seeing that kind of presence, idk.

The DMCA notice, or lack thereof, in this case, is the most damning thing I've read thus far. Ashamed I didn't think of that. Praise be unto thee, helpful anon.

Discussion is still welcome if there are any more relevant tidbits I've overlooked. Clearly should have upped my dose of skepticism before choosing to make a spurious thread on the most shitposted day I've seen /vp/ suffer through.
>>
>update:

It's on the first page. Now I'm both blind and disappointed.

At least this was more productive than furfaggotry, if only marginally.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.