[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Couldn't really find an answer to this, but if you transfer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 300x300
Couldn't really find an answer to this, but if you transfer your Pokemon from Pokemon bank to sun and moon, will it just break the game? I mean I figure you could just choose to play the game without bringing over level 100 Pokemon or whatever, but can you essentially do that in early game and steamroll everything?

Also, relatively new to Pokemon these days. I played red and yellow when I was a kid and then basically never got another game.
>>
Sun and Moon aren't even out yet, how the fuck would we know?
>>
File: ?.png (111 KB, 303x320) Image search: [Google]
?.png
111 KB, 303x320
>>27064010
Badges limit what pokemon you can use. i.e., pokemon over level ten will disobey if you don't have the first badge.
>>
>>27064010
i dont have pokemon bank but im assuming youd probably need the gym badges in order to control the higher level pokemon, like normal or with traded pokemon
>>
>>27064029
sorry didn't mean to post an image
>>
Unless they change how badges work, no
>>
>>27064010
because of how badges work, no, it just makes completing your pokedex much easier if you're into that sort of thing
>>
>>27064063
>>27065199
>>27064029

Thx, I totally forgot badges were a ceiling on what Pokemon you could use.
>>
>>27065199
>if you're into that
You DO know that completing the National Pokedex is a requirement to post here?
>>
But if gyms are gone, thus no badges, what else can they do to stop players from using high-level Pokemon early on?
>>
>>27065344
Disobedience until arbitrarily decided milestones are met.
>to use level 80 or higher pokemon you need to reach 500 straight wins in whatever the knockoff battle tower is this game
>>
>>27064010
You could do this in literally any of the games.
>>
>>27064052
How'd you accidentally post an image
>>
>>27064010
If you're refering to the Pokedex, then yes: it will break the game.
>>
Same as its been since gen 1 anon. Traded Pokemon above certain levels ignore you until you get all 8 badges. They can only help you cheese the E4.
>>
>>27064010
>>
>>27064010
Have you even played a Pokemon game before?
>>
>>27064029
I dunno if they changed it, but up to gen 3, even if it's loafing around a level 100 will still eventually sweep everything. It's pretty much like using a super beefed Slaking.
>>
>>27075012
In recent games, the amount of loafing around, literally going to sleep in the middle of battle, etc. is dependent on the Pokemon's level compared to what badges you have. So if you have 2 badges, a level 40 Pokemon won't disobey as much as a level 80 Pokemon.

Even if they never listen to you, it probably still breaks the game because you can import a beefy defensive tank who can just take hits while you heal other Pokemon, if need be.
>>
>>27075062
You'd be better off just training your normal mons. It's not hard to be of level in the newer games.
>>
>>27064029
>>27064038
>>27065228
This only applies to traded pokemon. I have no clue how Bank works but if Eggs can be transferred, nothing's keeping you from transferring a few eggs over, hatching them in the new games, Bank trading them to gen 6 for quick leveling, then Bank trading them back.
>>
>>27075866
No it doesn't. If you level them too high and they're your own, they'll still disobey.
Have you ever played a Pokemon game?

Eggs can't be banked, either.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.