[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 1 objectively has the best story and Pokemon designs. Prove
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: 1468008406114.jpg (199 KB, 554x603) Image search: [Google]
1468008406114.jpg
199 KB, 554x603
Gen 1 objectively has the best story and Pokemon designs.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>>/PGG/
>>
File: 250px-100Voltorb.png (56 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-100Voltorb.png
56 KB, 250x250
>>27054527
>literally a fucking pokeball with haunter eyes
>Inb4 "ITS A MIMIC POKEMON SO ITS ACTUALLY GOOD DESIGN"
>>
File: 86.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
86.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27054527
I'm glad this board is now filled with genwunners.
>>
>>27054527
Best story maybe in the context of pokemon. It's simple and to the point.
Best pokemon not by far though.
>"Let's just add angry eyes to animals!"
>>
>>27054527
kanto is the worst region
and johtos not far after that
>>
>>27054527
>Gen 1 objectively has the best story
What story?
There's the scattered notes on Mewtwo in the burned building and that's like it.
>>
>>27054552
ITS A MIMIC POKEMON SO ITS ACTUALLY GOOD DESIGN
>>
>>27054527
>best story
what fucking story
>>
>>27054591
Exactly.
>>
Worst desings and definitely not the best story.
>>
>>27054592
no, no its not.
>>
>>27054591
>>27054597
Looks like someone didn't pay attention...
>>
>>27054527
>Gen 1 objectively has the best story
Yup. I preferred how a lot of the story stuff was in the background and it isn't forced down the player's throat like it is now.

>and Pokemon designs
Yup. Less "animal but a cute cartoon" and more "fictional but believable and appealing creature"
>>
>>27054591
>>27054597
You retards are the reason we have the shit we have now. Casual scum.
>>
File: image.png (48 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
48 KB, 250x250
>>27054621
>Yup. Less "animal but a cute cartoon" and more "fictional but believable and appealing creature"
>>
>>27054527
Gen 5 had best story so far
>>
>>27054966
That's great. Now for every gen 1 Pokemon you post I can show 10 current gen ones.
>>
>>27055010

B E E D R I L L
E
E
D
R
I
L
L
>>
>>27054591
Are you dumb?
>>
>>27054553
>slowbro
>bad

I'm not a genwunner, but that's disgusting anon.
>>
>>27054553
don't you dare talk shit about paras and parasect ever again
>>
>>27054981
>Gen 4 (Platinum) had best story so far
ftfy
>>
File: 1460510116388.gif (152 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1460510116388.gif
152 KB, 267x200
>>27054527
It had a story?
>>
>>27055010
I got all day buddy, start posting.
>>
>>27054527
If we're talking about what gen 1 did right, I've come to appreciate the level design. There were so many points in XY where there's just some npc blocking the way because you're not supposed to go there yet. In RBGY if you weren't supposed to go somewhere your path would be blocked by an object and you'd have to search for the solution before you could proceed, giving a nice exploring/problem solving element to the overworld. In XY, however, you just get stopped by an electrician/team flare grunt/etc and told to go the other way. You're met with some unrewarding dialogue, maybe a piss-easy battle, and then you can go on, without ever really having any agency.
>>
>poke red blue doesnt have a story

You are all literally 10. The story is that you're Red; and you set off on a quest to capture them all and beat the gym leaders. Oak sends you off to fulfil his wish where as your Rival seeks to beat you. Over the time; you learn that Team Rocket has a plot to take over Kanto and so you stop them which leads you to destroying their two main offices thus forcing Team Rocket to go legit. On the way; you discover a man who visits The Poke Tower after batteling a cubone who was killed by Team Rocket. Finally you make it to the island and discover the genetic freak Mewtwo. You then explore abandoned power houses and caves to capture the Three legendary birds. After getting all badges you join the leagues top finally solidifying yourself as the best trainor in pokemon history. Just because theres not a 20 minute cutscene explaining everything and hand holding doesnt imply it has no story.
>>
>>27054527
>Best story.
>Tons of tedious backtracking and confusing roadblocks between Erika and Koga.

>Best Pokémon designs.
>Dugtrio, Magneton, Muk, and Electrode would all beg to differ. Plus, you have all the racist Jynx bullshit to bear in mind.
>Daily reminder that Psychics are insanely OP as fuck, while Bugs and Ghosts get raped in battle very easily.

I've proved you wrong on the surface level, OP.
>>
>>27054553
>Slowpoke
The day /vp/ went too far
>>
>Ten year old, please record all the information about all these creatures I should already know about, since I've lived here all my life and am a supposed expert in them.
>Also, if you want, take on the other masters of these creatures. Why? Heh heh, well, because this series has the plot of a shonen anime and you HAVE to beat all the dudes and be the strongest ten year old!
>Sorry my grandson virulently hates you and will fight you at every turn!
>Oh dear! The literally Yakuza have been running criminal operations! Clearly you, the ten year old with a pet monster, should defeat them! And of course they will fight you with their own monster and not simply kill you.
>Oh no! The inventor the virtual cyberspace where we keep these physical monsters has managed to transform himself into one of them! Undo it!
>Isn't this interesting! Here are several scraps of conveniently burned journal entries in the basement of a mansion you are required to scour because one of the dude's you are supposed to fight has locked the door for some reason. They seem to entail an exceptionally vague Pokemon!
>Oh no! My grandson, who you've fought the entire game with the same underlying goal that I thrust on you at the beginning, is now the strongest dude! Hopefully you'll beat him like you did every other time, because we can't progress until you beat him!
>Uh, also there's a super powerful Pokemon we hinted at, in a location we didn't hint at. Go catch it! Because you should!

No Pokemon has a good story.
>>
>>27055941
You just made a list of stuff done in the game, there's no story.
>>
File: 1445199155648.gif (561 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1445199155648.gif
561 KB, 625x626
>>27054584
>>
>>27056052
This. Also HM Surf was a blast to obtain.
>>
>>27056173
Heres your you
>>
>>27056173
Yeah! Also, The Odyssey is just describing a bunch of things Odysseus did.
>>
>>27056173
So this is what a sub-70 IQ looks like... Huh...
>>
>>27054527
>Ten year old goes on an adventure because the local Professor asks him to complete the Pokedex
>ends up stopping a criminal organization because they're doing bad things and he is of high moral fiber, and also they're in his way
>also beats the Indigo League because it's there I guess?

Not really that great. In terms of the villain team I like Gen 1 and 2 the most for their simplicity but in terms of the general story none of these games are very good.

I still am baffled that none of the games have really given the protagonist a REASON to beat the League aside from "it's there". It's like, along the adventure you just HAPPEN to be getting stronger, so you might as well complete the League while you're at it. If it wasn't so core to the series I'd say it was tacked on.
>>
>>27054552
And it still looks better than a fucking blaziken, chestnaught or one of those retarded treeko things.
>>
>>27054568
Animals with angry eyes look rad.

Better than something that looks like blaziken the digimon that's for sure.
>>
>>27054553
All those are rad except Mr.Mime and Jinx.
>>
>>27056052
Stop talking shit about good pokemon designs and go back to your blaziken you stuppid faggot.
>>
>>27056284
>the theme song literally says to be the best their ever was, train them is my cause, and catch them all
>wow why does this kid aspire to catch them all and beat all the shitters
>>
>>27056158
>>Oh dear! The literally Yakuza have been running criminal operations! Clearly you, the ten year old with a pet monster, should defeat them! And of course they will fight you with their own monster and not simply kill you.

I think the original idea was that they want to attack you with their monsters but you use yours to defend yourself until they have none left.
>>
>>27054981
I hate this meme.
>>
>>27054527
>objectively
XD I LOVE MISUSING WORDS TOO
>>
>>27056284
Gen 5 had a reason to beat the elite 4, it was actually a part of the plot. You had to beat the elite 4 to get to ghetsis who just defeated the elite four
>>
>>27056425
>you have a fucking dragon that spits fire in your pokeballs and you think they are going to try to shoot you

Team Rocket isnt isis; they want to rule the world not kill infidels lord edge
>>
>>27056284
>>also beats the Indigo League because it's there I guess?
Because he wants to be the best. No different to competing at sports or games or whatever. People enjoy competition, and they enjoy winning.
>>27056464
And that's why no one gives a shit about Alder compared to other champions. Merging the climax of the villainous team plot and the Elite 4 was a mistake.
>>
>>27054553
What the dick is wrong with omanyte and omastar?
>>
>>27056532
>Uhh, someone on Twitch made a meme about it so it's bad FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEE
- An average Unovabortion
>>
File: rhydon[1].jpg (22 KB, 249x205) Image search: [Google]
rhydon[1].jpg
22 KB, 249x205
>>27054552
>haunter eyes
it's called "genwun angry eyes"
>>
>>27054621
Ah Muk! My favorite cute animal
>>
>best pokemon
>a pile of sludge
>eggs with faces
>a turd that evolves into a three headed turd
>a nigger in a princess costune
>John Wayne Gacy
>An oyster that literally shares the same general shape as a vagina
>A duck with a leek
>A Pokeball with eyes that evolves into a different Pokeball with eyes AND A MOUTH
>A lizard-hippo-dog thing that evolves into a lizard-hippo-dog thing THAT IS STANDING WITH A THING ON ITS TAIL
>All of the lines that are animals/things that evolve into bigger animals/things (pidgeons, balloons, pitcher plants, dogs, cats, tapirs, jellyfish, etc.)

The epitome of moster design, apparently. I never hear about Jynx from the people who jerk off to the 1st gen.
>>
>>27056592
>Hey let's make a new Pokemon
>Um, let's start with a blue fluffy ball!
>And then, uh, let's give it vampire wings, that's cool right?
>And now lets give it a nose with a HEART!
>Oh and one big tooth!
>It's a clusterfuck of random shit plastered together and it looks retarded but at least it's original so that makes it good, right?
>R-RIGHT?!
The design ethic of people who moan about gen I.
>>
>>27056670

My point was that not every Pokemon can be Charizard/Blastoise/Gyarados/Dragonite/Mewtwo. Genwhiners like to think that every Pokemon after the first generation is bad despite the fact that they only a handful of gen 1 Pokemon are remembered by everyone.

And isn't the whole point of Pokemon that you catch and train the ones that you like. Why should a blackface caricature or an ice cream Pokemon even matter when you can have an electric spider or a landshark dragon beat the shit out of things?

It's like you guys think that if there's at least one design YOU don't like, then they all suck.
>>
>>27054553
They're not genwunners, they're newfags pooling in here because of GO
>>
>Gen 1
>Best Story
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3 MB, 3685x2400) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3 MB, 3685x2400
>>27054552
>>27054608
>>27054966
>>27054553
>>27056052
>>27056345
>>27056592
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>People thinking gen 1 hadn't the best Pokemon designs

Being Gen 1 means it created Pokemons, so the gen 1 pokemons are the standard of what a pokemon should look like.
>>
>>27058037
This.
>>
>>27057729
Look mom I fucking posted it again
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.