[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sun/Moon plot in Chinese leak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: HNI_0054.jpg (17 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0054.jpg
17 KB, 225x300
We are Kamehamaha. The player is going on King Kamehameha's quest.

From the leak:
>There will be no gyms.
>Alola region has no leagues. Your main objective is to build a league. After you finish building a league, the Elite 4 will appear. The E4 will be like the owners of each island.

King Kamehameha went on a warrior's quest to conquer and unite all the Hawaiian Islands into one country.

Each Alola island has a leader and a guardian Pokemon. They're gonna have us battle them to unite the islands into a Pokemon league! Then, later, it becomes the E4.
>>
I stand by the Chinese leak. It mentions Sandalit and also describes Rockruff as evolving into a werewolf--4 days before its flavor text of "leaves its trainer before the sun goes down" was revealed.
>>
>>27052037
I thought the "no gyms" part was a poor translation of no information about the gyms on the leak.
>>
>>27052066
Didn't it just say "fire/poison lizard" and no actual information about it?
>>
>>27052095
I don't know about no gyms, but it was very explicit about E4.

Gyms being a mistranslation doesn't change the main plot.

Also we could still battle 8 specialized trainers to prove themselves as Gym Leaders.
>>
>>27052037
so kamehameha as in dragon ball?
>>
File: lizard.png (62 KB, 1522x344) Image search: [Google]
lizard.png
62 KB, 1522x344
Mistake/omission by translator.
>>27052110

Also

>liking other peoples posts on a forum
>>
>>27052142
Conceptually, if I knew about Salandit before it was officially revealed, I could've said more about it to confirm myself as reliable.
At least like
>Black Fire/Poison Salamander
>Fire/Poison Salamander who can fucking poison anything
>ninja/thief themed fire/poison salamander
Something generic as "fire/poison salamander" seems kind of like a lucky guess. And there's only so many ways to take a dog Pokemon's evolution.
>>
>>27052168
In Chinese and Japanese, lizard and salamander are spelled the same way, so they did say fire lizard (salamander).
>>
>>27052142

I don't know. I feel like the omission could just be a way to cover his ass.

>Uhhh wait, I forgot to say that the fire/poison type was a lizard.

He's the guy who "leaked" the information, so it's basically his word against ours.
>>
File: images-6.jpg (12 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
12 KB, 240x210
KAAAAAAA
>>
>>27052386
That's untrue. Someone else sent the leak to her to translate.
>>
I think it's kinda awesome if they fashion the plot around the actual history of Hawaii.
>>
File: Untitled .jpg (64 KB, 702x423) Image search: [Google]
Untitled .jpg
64 KB, 702x423
>the island challenge
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>27052672
deepest lore
>>
>>27052672
>Legends claim the one to unite the Hawaiian Islands had to move a special boulder
>Many tried but failed

The Alola challenge is the quest/ritual that marks the player as the true uniter of Alola, and heir to the Top Kekmons.
>>
>>27052037
bump?
>>
>>27052168
Wasn't Fire/Poison one of the most popular unused typings, anyways? And I'm pretty sure I've seen the idea of a lizard Pokémon with that typing thrown around before, too.

Also, for what it's worth, Salandit's primary type is Poison, not Fire. Ultimately, it really doesn't make a difference, but its Poison typing seems more central to the concept at this stage.

Just something to consider, maybe.
>>
>>27055944
Well, its enough to keep an eye out for anything else on the list to be revealed.

General rule is to keep track of leaks with one accurate Pokemon, cautiously optimistic if two are accurate, and if three it's pretty safe to assume the leak is legit.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.