[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POKEMON GO IMPROVEMENT THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 32
File: 169.jpg (60 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
60 KB, 578x327
I want to hear what you think should be done to Pokemon Go to help improve it.

>Region Exclusive Pokemon
I don't think that many pokemon should be region exclusive, but after the first few gens are implemented I think maybe make 100 of them or so exclusive to certain global regions
>Legendaries
Same goes for Legendaries. I think every legendary pokemon should be exclusive to one global landmark whether it be Mewtwo at Area 51 or Groudon at Mt. Vesuvius
>More teams
3 teams is nowhere near enough to keep things interesting. There should be at least 5 so that way it actually feels like it means something to have your team own a gym. Ideally, make it so people can make their own teams with a custom color and picture/emblem to hover over the gym. There could even be a scoreboard for people who own the most gyms.
>Leaving messages
I don't think there should be a direct chat, or way to see other people on the map because honestly that is a child rape waiting to happen. Instead, people should be able to leave messages or gifts at Pokestops for people to find.
>Pokemon Centers
I think the current setup of only being able to revive pokemon with Revives is a bit silly. I think that they should turn 1/4th of the pokestops randomly into Pokecenters. It functions the same as a Pokestop but you can also revive your pokemon. Make their map marker red and a bit bigger than normal Pokestops.
>Music changes based on location and weather.
This one just seems obvious desu
>>
>>27051662
pull it down
>>
Nothing, its perfect.

Anyone who says otherwise is an immobile lard ball who cant afford a smart phone.

Fucking losers with no friends, me and my bitch ride around with muh homies drnking beer and catching pokemon.
>>
I think something needs to be done about Gyms, they seem to just rise and fall too easily and with 3 teams competing in a game that is now quite popular, even high players can't seem to hold gyms long enough. I'd like to see Gyms stay one color a bit longer.
>>
How about giving folks in the boonies something to do for starters. Apparently I live in a backwater shithole 'cause there isn't a single stop or gym within a 30 mile radius of my place.
>>
I feel random encounters would have been more fun
>>
File: Red.png (146 KB, 278x598) Image search: [Google]
Red.png
146 KB, 278x598
I want to be able to battle other people. If someone walks into my zone, I should have the option to fight them.
>>
>>27051662
Adding Gen2+ Pokémon
>>
>>27051662
>Trading and pvp
>Pokemon abilities that echance your gameplay (like having a Chancey boost your egg hatching)
>Special spots where spcial pokemon appear
>Pokemon centers in comfy places to sit
>Items for you and your pokemon
>Weekly Team Missions.
>Team making( you can add people that are near you to hunt pokemon toghether - rates for pokemon are boosted
>Party organizer - You can only have 6 pokemon on you ond use only them.
>You can changes pokemon in Pokemon center
>You can pay and create your own base and it will be visible on map.
>>
Being able to add friends, private message and trade Pokémon etc.
>>
>>27051662
At least they should fix the servers first. I can't play with the servers overloading all the time.
>>
>>27054451
Amen.
>>
>>27051716
I think it needs more trainer vs. trainer shit. I hope someday they'll implement it so I can fight random trainers. You don't even necessary have to be next to the person but it'd be cool if i could have random battles with people in my apartment complex.
>>
Would be pretty hilarious if people actually ended up on an expedition into the deep Amazon rain forest or to some volcano on the philippines just to catch a legendary pokemon
>>
I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because I don't live in a major city and don't have as many Pokestops/Gyms near me. I'm not really sure what could be done about that though.
>>
>>27054757
I live in a small 50k pop town in bumfuck Germany and there are like a trillion stops and gyms
>>
>>27054768
I live in a 4k pop town in Australia and there are 6 stops and 2 gyms spread amongst the town.
>>
>>27054785
sorry to hear

on the bright side, I bet you can find some very rare pokemon if you travel to tasmania or explore the outback
>>
>add some sort of PVE mode/mini game to use your captured mons in
>fewer Pokestops and Pokemon spawns in cities
>more \ better Pokemon spawns at off the beaten path places
>breeding
>slight customization of Pokemon, maybe through said breeding
>>
File: Screenshot_20160709-185642.png (674 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160709-185642.png
674 KB, 1440x2560
>>27054804
Haven't found anything rare yet unfortunately
Not even my favourite, Vulpix
>>
add Pokestops to places where there were no Ingress players. Even if you live at some semi popular place you might be fucked because nobody gave a fuck about Ingress there.
>>
Give the go like a tomagochi screen, when pipelines appear it'll be their original 8bit portrait and a CP level above it
Puts a personal touch on that shit glowing button
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-22-55-31.png (305 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-22-55-31.png
305 KB, 720x1280
Give the Plus ike a tomagochi screen, when pokemon appear it'll be their original 8bit portrait and a CP level above it
Puts a personal touch on that shit glowing button
>>
>>27054812
Why the fuck would you want breeding in this game?
It fucking ruined all the console games!
>>
>>27054785
You may consider yourself lucky. I live in a 5k town and all I have is one pokestop. No rare mons either.

I'd love it if they allowed players to send their own suggestions for new stops/gyms. There are plenty of reasonable places in my town that could be used.
>>
my closest pokestop is 100 miles away

MFW i download this shit for nothing
>>
Extend the radius of the circle around the player by like 10 feet.
That's it.
Please.
>>
>>27055278
dafuq, same problem here
my nearest pokestop is 5km away and i have to climb a bit
>>
>>27054768
I live in Germany too, and can confirm that there are stops and gyms everywhere.
>>
>live in kiev
>game isnt officialy out
>download apk without any hopes
>open it for first time
>literally hundereds of pokestops around me
>4 gyms allready claimed by high level pokimeens
>having time of my life
That actually went better then expected
>>
>>27055278
>>27055397
> 100 miles
> 5 km
> same thing
really now
>>
>>27055278
Closest gym is at the base gate. I asked when I was coming in if I could hang out real quick. TSgt there said I was the fifth person to ask, and he was arresting the next one that did.
>>
>>27055524
He's just about off by a factor of 30 times or so it's not that bad right anon
>>
>>27054768
That's because Europe is Dense. Like, socially dense. Knowing nothing else, You live within walking distance of:
>Some kind of ancient fortification or structure
>A museum
>more than one bar / tavern / pub
>a place of historical significance

Meanwhile, America sprawls.
>>
>>27051662
>Mewtwo at area 51
Kill yourself
>>
So are legendary pokemon just wild encounters then? Or are they events
>>
>>27051662
>I don't think there should be a direct chat, or way to see other people on the map because honestly that is a child rape waiting to happen. Instead, people should be able to leave messages or gifts at Pokestops for people to find.
Even then there's still a child rape component. It would just take longer.

The kid finds your message, maybe your message includes that you''ll leave the gift the same time the next day? Maybe you watch and wait for them, and make sure you can exchange more messages?

Honestly, in an ideal world adults and children that are strangers to each other shouldn't be able to fucking communicate like that, period.

The ideal solution in my opinion is to just to have the game mute and hide the characters of people under a certain age range. So adults can message, joke, fuck around, and spot others on the map, but not with fucking 12 year olds.

Solves all problems. Kids are still safe (Or as safe as they're likely to be hopping fences and wandering into the ghetto looking for Mons.) but the game is also better for the people who are mature enough to not be victimized.
>>
Failed to get player information from the server.

Why?
>>
>>27057362
Why the fuck do people want to turn every app into snapchat?

Just fucking download snapchat.
>>
>>27057433
Amen.
Keep the social shit away. No making groups for extra pomemon or other social crap.

What makes this game goox is knowing that guys name because of his strong ass pokemon.

Make your charactera more memorable when you see them.

Sort of when you see that guy you know he a bad ass.

No social special club crap.
>>
>>27051809
I absolutely agree. It would make it feel more like a Pokemon game rather than Ingress skin that way.
>>
>>27054824
>Zubat
Some would consider your lucky. All I get are ratatas
>>
>>27057362
What's wrong with fucking 12 year olds?
>>
>>27057348
Not implimented yet. We don't know
>>
Just let me submit stops. I understand why they closed it but there are some legitimate areas near me that could use some stops. The retail park I work at only has 1. If you don't live on the high street you're fucked basically.
>>
I think something that would really help is fixing the server issues.
>>
>>27057624
How exactly were the stops chosen? All I know is it has to do with that ingress game. Are you still able to submit more?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 164x175) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 164x175
>>27057583
>>
>>27057642
Submissions, and no, they closed them last year because of meme submissions. It'll only be worse now, but it's needed.
>>
>>27057674
I feel pretty confident that they will open them back up now that Pokemon is a wild success. Did they not have any sort of people doing quality control?
>>
>Actual working out gym is now a pokemon gym.
Clever
>>
>>27057433
>>27057459
Because the game itself is shit but all the fun comes from its crossover with real life. Anything that enhances and enables the augmented reality aspect is good for it.

Being able to trade Pokemon with other people, being able to communicate to them, form little alliances with random assholes in your community, that shit would be tight. It's why I agree that there should be secondary teams within the main teams so that you can gain local prestige and shit.

>The game forces autists out of their comfort zone.
>It comes down to whether or not you should be able to talk to people
>Autists don't want it because its out of their comfort zone

Just disable it or something.
>>
File: 250px-023Ekans.png (71 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-023Ekans.png
71 KB, 250x250
More snakes for everyone!
>>
File: wseDL.jpg (33 KB, 480x345) Image search: [Google]
wseDL.jpg
33 KB, 480x345
>>27051662
Implement 2 CRUCIAL rules !

RULE 1 : When 2 trainer's eyes meet ITS A BATTLE
RULE 2 : Battle a pokemon and weaken it to catch it, evolve it by experience instead of candies
>>
There needs to be some local point system for gym's.
Like, your team gets points for holding x gym's.
Th team with the most points gets rewards.
>>
Would love for the AR functionality to be a lot less glitchy. Also it would kill to have better character models/customization. The characters look like some kind of tumblr fan art. Or something made by Dream Works.
>>
>>27057115
European here, can confirm. A lot. Which is why I'm always confused when I see people saying that the next stop is VERY far away. I'm in a VERY.VERY small town, not AT ALL noteworthy, and we still have stops everywhere.
>>
>>27057583
>>
>>27054827
Yeah, I'd like to be able to nominate places as potential new pokestops. My town is near barren.
>>
>>27055278
you should build landmarks for your community...
>>
>>27058150
Republican candidate Set?
>>
I can log in, walk around but can't see any gyms or pokestops anymore, halp
>>
File: fahugugwads.gif (690 KB, 228x400) Image search: [Google]
fahugugwads.gif
690 KB, 228x400
>>27058282
>>
File: TADAIMAAAA.webm (691 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TADAIMAAAA.webm
691 KB, 1280x720
>>27051662
I feel like with trading and battles coming in the future, the core game is basically serviceable. What they really need to improve on are the casual features.

>Street names
>Goal points
>Stepometer
>Optional calorie burn counter

If the entire point of the game is to get people outside and explore their neighborhoods, then they should add some more encouragement to actually walk around and explore.
>>
>>27051662
Release it in the UK.
>>
>>27058196
No
>>
>>27058342
Some NPC battle at "real gyms" would be nice too. No need for badges or anything like that or whatever, juste something that look ike a boss or something that make you go out of your way to somewhere. At this moment I have so many pokestops around my house and quite a lot of spawns that the "exploration" part is quite useless for me.

Also a better balance would be nice. Some people have 3 times too many stops/pokemons/arena while others don't have any.
>>
Trading with trainers, either locally or via wifi
Battling " "
Catching/transferring evolved pokemon should give you more candy than catching/transferring basic pokemon
Team missions that change weekly
Friends list, with QR codes for friend info
Once you hit level 15 you can place ONE pokestop
Once you hit level 30 you can place ONE gym
"Share to social media" options for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Both teams and individual pokemon
>>
>>27051662
A power up which increases the radius of your character by 50%.
>>
>>27058282
>Implying Hillary isn't the biggest snake there is
>>
I only need all the Pokemon now, 151 is nowhere near enough to be honest, more diversity is needed.
>>
Remove it from the playstore, shut down the servers and put all funds towards an actual Pokemon game.
>>
Add trading and battling.

Make revives and potions more common or have your Pokemon regenerate health over time or turn some Pokespots into Pokemon Centers.

It would also be nice if you could weaken wild Pokemon with your own like in the mainline games, although I doubt that they'd change the current system.
>>
File: 1450669016199.jpg (69 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1450669016199.jpg
69 KB, 800x437
>>27051662
>making people sneak into a military base to get a mewtwo
>>
>>27057115
Holy shit, I live in the fucking North East of England and I just realised how right you are.
>>
>>27058224
You should have been expecting models of around that quality. For some reason, and I'm not even memeing here, western character designers tend to struggle making designs that are genuinely cute. Amateurs and professionals alike.
>>
>>27058739
I honestly think this is the way to do it.

Legendaries, in my ideal version of Pokemon Go should be treated like they are actually legendary. There is no reward in catching mewtwo if everyone in timesquare can pick him up. Most legendaries should be in locations so ridiculous that 99.9999 percent of people would never even have the opportunity to get them. I realize that that might not be fun for a lot of people, but its such a more intersting concept to do something like that.

Obviously not ALL legendaries would be impossible. Most potential spots are tourist attractions. Like Mew at Stonehenge
>>
>>27058688
But GF didn't develop this you retard.
>>
>>27058892
Where'd the money come from?
>>
>>27051662
BRICK THE PHONES OF EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THIS SHIT GAME AND TURN NINTENDO AWAY FROM THE MOBILE ABYSS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
>>
>>27058864
It's downright stupid and this reasoning is flawing like hell. As long as you don't put Mewtwo pr Articuno at the top of the Himalaya, some people will always have access to it pretty easily, so how is it "legendary"?

Also, locations that are too "far away" from cities are a big no too. You need to have a pretty god 3G/4G for the game, even if they put Mewtwo in the middle of the jungle, good luck catching it without internet.You have variables to take into account regarding how the game work, putting them into a far away place far from most civilization might not even be possible in some places if you want the place to be "legendary".
>>
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-go-devs-still-exploring-multiplayer-say-pl/1100-6441610/

Didn't see this before; the "but we’re gonna learn based on what the community reaction is." is pretty interesting

>>27058961
Would googling 2 minutes before coming BLEH HEY'RE RUINING MY POKEMAN" kill you? >ithout even knowing what you're talking about, apparently?
Anyway even if it wasn't the intended purpose for this, this link should answer you as well. It's made by the team that made Ingress.
>>
>>27051662

They aren't going to place legendary Pokemon at places like Area 51. We've already had people dying from the first version of the game due to dumb bullshit.

Put Regice in the South Pole or some shit and you'll have a pile of dead retards there by the end of the year.

I mean yeah it'd be cool if legendaries were exculsive to a single location in the world but I doubt they'll put them anywhere dangerous.
>>
If you genuinely believe that they'll put legendary Pokemon in dangerous places then you're a fucking idiot. Legendary Pokemon will most likely be implemented as events. It would probably be similar to the original trainer where lots of people gathered in one area and battled Mewtwo at the same time.
>>
>>27058698
This. We need Pokemon Centers or the ability to heal as we walk.
>>
>>27051662
>You can add other people as friends if you run into them. You get friend bonuses occasionally
>You can trade with nearby trainers by turning a "Ready to trade" setting on
>You can battle nearby trainers if they have a "Ready to battle" setting turned on
>You can occasionally run across NPC trainers as you travel. Their teams can range from 1 pokemon to 6, depending on their class. You always get a reward for beating these trainers
>You can form a team of 6 pokemon, fuck the current battle system. It needs some serious polishing
>Nintendo releases occasional "Event days" to celebrate something or another. On these days the player can go to their local pokemart and get a special item or egg
>Add more pokemon as time goes on. Player can choose what gen they want to encounter. Everybodys happy
>>
>>27057115
What do you define as walking distance?
Because I could walk to all these place, but I have high chance dying run over by a car
My city has poor urban planning though
>>
I have a feeling Moltres will be the first legendary released. Maybe an end of Summer event. Then Articuno during a Winter event.
>>
>>27059196
That's a good idea.
Like, even 10 hp for 1 km would be enough for some decent healing.
>>
>>27059214
The ready to trade wouldn't work, it's not specific enough, if everyone want ONE specific pokemon and you only have a very slight chance of having it (and an even smaller one for the other people to have something YOU want), trading wit people nearby will very quickly become an huge pain in the ass.. A GTS-like system that shows what you could be interesting in/what you are trading, though, ..
>>
>>27051662
Completely obliterate the 1 HP glitch in gyms
>>
File: tumblr_mu2bynSTr91rb06tgo1_500.gif (1024 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mu2bynSTr91rb06tgo1_500.gif
1024 KB, 500x600
>>27058688
This.

Or at the very least, not make the trainers look like absolute shit.
>>
>>27057115
>live in Geneva
>tons of historical electrical boxes with pictures on them are pokestops for some reason
>pokestops for fountains
>pokestops for statues
>pokestops for fucking playgrounds
>UN is a gym and there is another unclaimed gym in the fenced-off garden

All the culturally touristic places are just fucking littered with markers thanks to Ingress
>>
Fix that god damn 1 hp glitch at gyms. The whole battle system is fucked. It should be turn based. I don't mind the CP system but the concept of just tapping your screen repeatedly is awful. It'll get old very quickly. The turn based would be a lot more responsive and less prone to glitches.
>>
File: ditto (4).gif (769 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ditto (4).gif
769 KB, 500x375
You should be able to catch Ditto. He's my favourite Gen 1 mon, why is he not implemented yet? And here I thought something good would come out of a game made for nostalgiafags and genwunners. I mean, he's not even a legendary!
>>
>>27057115
This. I live in a 2000 populated bumfuck village in rural Germany but I have 2 Gyms really near me and some poke stops.
>>
Wtf is wrong with this onboard_avatar_already_set error
>>
>>27059596
Are you me? Rural Bavaria represent. There's a surprising amount of ingress players in the region.
>>
>>27051716

"Its perfect"

>no trading
>no optional pvp
>no optional wild battles
>if you're not in the city you can GO™ fuck yourself
>"Our servers are busy try again later" all day.

...ok : ^ )
>>
>>27059585
I think if he's not implimented yet then they must have special plans for how he's going to work. Are there other gen 1s not in yet?
>>
>>27057566
nothing but those and pidgeys all day
>>
>>27059674
Only the legends.
>>
>>27059649
Rural Niedersachsen represent. All the gyms in my area are also already taken before I got there. I didn't expect that at all considering the game isn't released yet.
>>
>>27059585
>>27059674

Did you already check at a brothel?
>>
>>27059741
I'm not german but i'm REALLY REALLY REALLY close from Germany (like, less than 15 k close) and same deal here, I DLed the game at the end of the first day, and when I went for a walk the gym were already taken. By fucking 3rd-evolution-pokemons too. God god.
>>
>>27051726
theres a gym in the center of town that an entire family owns, theres 7 fucking 500+cp pokemon in there
>>
File: 1429244681775.jpg (69 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
1429244681775.jpg
69 KB, 504x470
>>27051662
Teams giving actual perks for being on them.

No idea on how to solve it, but a power creep in gyms is inevitable and this needs to be addressed and fixed soon.

We're probably in the most fun time to play in this game of capture the flag but soon we'll be seeing gyms with pokemon who's lesser members will have like 1000-2000CP
>>
File: happy pepe.jpg (67 KB, 206x257) Image search: [Google]
happy pepe.jpg
67 KB, 206x257
>>27051662
desu
>>
>>27051716
>>>/valor/
>>
>>27058864
Yeah, but normies would never play that, maybe ultra-faggots like you.
>>
>activate my only incense for 20 minutes
>servers go down
This is a feel no man should ever feel
>>
File: iPweHyv.jpg (253 KB, 1053x948) Image search: [Google]
iPweHyv.jpg
253 KB, 1053x948
>mfw I live in a college town and there are pokestops and gyms fucking everywhere
>>
>>27054346
Pretty much this, with a GTS
>>
LET ME DELETE EGGS, I DONT WANT ANY 2KM EGGS
>>
Honestly, being able to have the app run in the background would be the best improvement.
>>
>>27063688
Second this. Also compatibility with outside apps. Every time Go crashes, it closes out my podcasts too.
>>
>>27051662
Is anyone here "middle of nowhere?"

Don't have game yet, just wondering if you live in a isolated area, will your choice of pokes be limited?
>>
>>27063688
This this this!

Does it even give you a vibration if your screen is locked? I have it unlocked 100 percent of the time because I always think I'm going to miss a pokemon.

How the hell is the wristband going to work if you can't run the app in the background or lock your screen
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Trading and local battling for one

But add more locations for wild pokemon, i work at a summer camp and only got 6 hours to try the full experience since theres no pokestops or gyms near us but some fucking POKEMON would be appreciated
>>
>>27063767
From what I understand its very frustrating if you are middle of nowhere
>>
>>27057115
I live in scotland, and the only fucking thing noteworthy about this shithole of a town is that it's a shithole. It was almost voted the worst fucking place to live in Scotland, because there's nothing here.
>>
>>27063688
Rest in peace battery
>>
>>27051662
Add more PokeSpots. Ingress is not big everywhere, nobody has even heard of it around here so there are very, VERY few PokeStops in the whole country.

Change the Pokemon spawn logic so urban areas with a lot of PokeStops have fewer Pokemon spawns and suburban areas with fewer PokeStops have more Pokemon.

Some kind of PVE/PVP "minigame" that you can use your Pokemon in when you aren't out there walking to improve the "gameplay loop."
>>
Take pictures with Pokemon that are in your party.

No idea why this wasn't in already.
>>
>>27058673
But you have to vote for Hillary otherwise TRUMP!
>>
>>27063688
It's insane that this isn't an option yet, if I want to hatch an egg I have to walk 5km with my phone open and the app running. Totally ridiculous
>>
>>27064674
>Change the Pokemon spawn logic so urban areas with a lot of PokeStops have fewer Pokemon spawns
that doesn't solve anything, it just means people in cities will have a full bag of pokeballs and nothing to use them on (which is already happening to me as it is)
>>
Release on Windows Phone ;_;
>>
>>27065092
You guys have more eggs and such
>>
>>27065219
it takes a lot more time and effort to hatch an egg than to catch a pokemon. i get that rural areas could use a boost but theres no reason to nerf urban ones
>>
>>27057362
>in an ideal world adults and children that are strangers to each other shouldn't be able to fucking communicate

what a horrible ideal you have.
>>
>>27059038
>>27058864
>>27058739
wouldn't people just cheat the gps system?
>>
>>27061574
Yeah I don't understand how this Gym nightmare scenario isn't going to happen.

People who start the game in 2 weeks will just be incapable of participating in gyms at all. Every gym will be full of 6 1kCP pokemon, meaning it's useless to try and beat opposing teams, and nothing for a newbie to even do at a friendly gym.

My idea would be some kind of pretige decay system. You have to visit your gym every day or so to "preserve" the prestige. If not, it becomes "abandoned" and slowly starts to lose prestige over time. That allows gyms to switch hands without anyone being able to beat the pokemon in it.
>>
>>27065850
>in an ideal world adults and children that are strangers to each other shouldn't be able to fucking communicate like that
>like that
Fuck off pedophile, you know that's not what I meant, you left out the "like that" because you knew it was airtight given the context.

Are you seriously telling me grown men should be able to track and communicate with children on the street with an anonymous cell phone app?
>>
Anyone else getting this glitch:

>have the app open
>get a notification of any kind, like a text, and it dings
>Pokemon Go is now permanently muted until you close the app and reopen it
>>
File: Steve.jpg (40 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
Steve.jpg
40 KB, 408x439
What the fuck do I do now, I'm out of pokeballs and there's literally no pokestops or gyms nearby so I'm lvl 8 without a team.
>>
>>27065942
Ban cheaters?
>>
>>27066236
pay up
>>
>>27066236
The game makers would probably say spend money and buy gold

I think there ought to be a daily login reward system, so you get a small amount of gold at the least each day.

Not enough to remove the incentive to spend real money, because I get it, that's how they make their money, but enough that you can slowly recover from the zero pokeball situation.
>>
>>27055576
where you stationed bud
>>
>>27054824
Do you live in a cave?
>>
>>27066236
just spoof your gps to the closest pokestop. it refreshes every 5 mins. i'm always fully stocked on pokeballs.
>>
>>27066317
>>
>>27054757
>>27057115

I live in some shitty empty red neck town in Florida and I can find gyms and stops near me.
>>
File: 1467851223953.jpg (70 KB, 516x433) Image search: [Google]
1467851223953.jpg
70 KB, 516x433
>fighting a Snorlax with my Weezing
>Snorlax uses Earthquake IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE

THATS SOME REAL BULLSHIT
>>
>>27051734

I would like to see a tradeoff where there are rarer/stronger pokemon in less populated areas.

I also wish there was more to do at gyms if you're a lower leveled trainer and can't win against 800-1000 no life powerlevelling faggots.
>>
>>27066685
WELCOME TO GEN ONE, FAGGOT
>>
>>27066873
>I also wish there was more to do at gyms if you're a lower leveled trainer and can't win against 800-1000 no life powerlevelling faggots.
Get a group of friends and grind. If you can't do that, you are a massive help being a low level trainer at a gym your team already claimed.
>>
>>27066916
There weren't Fairy types in Gen 1.
>>
>>27066932

Yeah I've been going around and leaving 200-300 CP pokemon for defense where I can, but it's tough to keep up with the turnovers because it's a 15-20 minute drive around town to hit all of them in the area. I ain't got time for that shit.
>>
I wish they'd fix the locating the Pokemon bit. I hate the steps. I spent an hour wandering around looking for some that were three steps away. They never got any closer and I wandered in a radius that was at least a few miles and everywhere inbetween. Maybe something that at least tells you the cardinal direction to go in for it.

I'd also like trading, and for the gym battle mechanics to be more involved that just tapping.
>>
>>27066974
If the nearby pokemon didn't change walking a few miles, there is a good chance the servers crashed while you were playing and it didn't kick you out of the game. Happened to me at least twice
>>
>They need to add more stuff to rural areas: game is really pointless if you do not live in a city
>Server issues
>Trading
>Trainer vs trainer
>>
Removing candies all together and relying on stardust or another method

It's annoying to hatch an egg and get a rare/uncommon Pokemon and not be able to boost it up or evolve it because there's no Pokemon like that in your area and it just sits there in your box
>>
>>27066937
I like fairy types

HAVE YOU SEEN SWIRLIX HE'S FUCKIN' ADORDABLE.
>>
File: 191528510985-208i3.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
191528510985-208i3.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>27067048

...Unless you trade it in for Dem Candies
>>
File: 1303846187895.png (177 KB, 364x343) Image search: [Google]
1303846187895.png
177 KB, 364x343
>>27058196
If you level/evolve through XP rather than candies then there's no reason to catch dupes and they become boring

This is a good system
>>
Twice today I've used an incense and the servers go down.

I want refunds but I'm not even supposed to be playing the game in my region
>>
>>27067038
First bit I feel for people.

Second bit is first few days, and it's getting better. They stopped world release to focus on this, so eh.

Third bit will be added later down the road, they've spoken about it. They want people to go out and do things first before trading. That and that's a feature that will make a LOT of folks flock back to the game if they leave it.

Fourth one. . .I'm REALLY hoping they do that, as it makes sense, though would be a bit eh. I just see it being a lot of 'whoever fails to dodge the most loses' type of deal. I rather they improve the combat a bit more before doing vs bits.
>>
>>27051662
Kind of sucks that I'm in somewhat of a rural area and there's almost nothing near me.

Today at work though I saw all kinds of places with dozens of pokestop and multiple gyms all very close to each other.

I wish I lived someone closer to more pokestop.

I'm a delivery guy so no telling what il see each day at work
>>
>>27067074
Then there's no point
You lose the Pokemon and you will probably never get them again and sit with 4 candies of that Pokemon
>>
>>27067048
I agree. Separating candies and Stardust was a terrible idea. At the very least they should make it so you can turn stardust into certain candies
>>
>>27067132
>I'm a delivery guy so no telling what il see each day at work
You have the perfect job for this game, I wouldn't complain
>>
>>27066371
How do you get that to work? I tried it but i always get "failed to detect location"
>>
>>27051662
If it doesn't already exist put a hard limit on CP, like 1000 or 1200 or something, because a power creep for gyms will become inevitable otherwise, or have a hard limit for total gym CP (ex. You can have one 1200 mon or 3 400 mons)
Add the other pokemon
Make some guys region exclusive
Add trading and normal battling, and make it so you get the candies corresponding to the pokemon you battled with afterwards (still need to catch pokemon for stardust tho)
>>
>>27051662
get more god damn servers. I was doing great yesterday and now I can't fucking get on?

What the hell was naintics thinking when they did this?
What I don't get is why did they basically give us such a BETA app that isn't even complete basically
>"We thought it would be a good idea to let you exp server fuck ups constantly!"
>What about android 4.4?
>"Anything lollipop and up is fine"
>why not kitkat?
>"GET A GOOD PHONE! LOL!"
>It runs on my tablet
>"NO FUCK YOU! WE DON'T WANT YOU USING IT ON KITKAT!"

>>27054346
>>27054376
>>27054394
>>27054751
>>27054812

these
>>
>>27067078

Some of us can't spend literal hours chasing around pokemon every day and don't live in an area densely-populated enough to just catch bucketloads of shit walking to our car in the morning.

This game is engineered optimally for college students who don't have a full time job. Which may apply to a lot of you guys but I'm a science teacher, I won't be able to do this here in a couple weeks come August.
>>
BTW you can come here too

https://discord.gg/tscbBAq
>>
>>27051662
improve performance, the game runs like shit
>>
Does anyone understand how the gym battles work? I just saw there's a gym near me that's same color I'm representing.

What can I do to make our gym stronger? What benefits do I receive for helping my teams gyms? Is it possible for me to become leader?
>>
File: Pokeball.png (400 KB, 900x926) Image search: [Google]
Pokeball.png
400 KB, 900x926
The Pokemon Go plus (which is a shit name) should be a motion controller in the shape of a pokeball.
>vibrates when a pokemon is close
>press the button on the ball to initiate the act of battling
>to capture make a throwing motion and twist it to add spin (and a critical bonus), this throws the ball on your phone.
>>
>>27067078
No one wants to catch dupes anyways
And say there was a way to train your Pokemon , dupes would be best for training sort of like EV training in the real games
>>
>>27051662
These are genuinely fucking awful ideas you total mong. You'd have to have special needs to come up with shit like this. Pokemon in area 51 where no one is ever allowed to go? What a retard.
>>
>>27067211

Challenge the gym, if you can beat at least one of the pokemon defending it, you'll increase its prestige.

Bump up the prestige enough and it'll increase level, higher level lets you add more pokemon to defend it.
>>
>>27067157
Not really. I can't really stop at every pokestop I see and a lot of the time I can't access them quick enough while driving by.
>>
>>27067241
But if I'm beating up my teams pokemon then won't they get sent home?

And my pokemon would be weakened too leaving it less secure?
>>
If they're not going to implement pole centers
At least make the gyms important meaning if your team has a gym taken, the rest of that same team should be able to heal at that gym

And speaking of gyms , they need to implement a way to defend said gym besides prestige
Nothing is more frustrating than sitting there and watching someone take your gym and have to retake it again
It's bullshit
>>
>>27067271

no, those battles don't change the HP for enemy teams as far as I know
>>
File: yeah.jpg (28 KB, 400x296) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
28 KB, 400x296
>1HP LEFT BATTLING GYMS

This has been happening for 3 days for me. Every gym I visit, I am capable of beating, but cannot due to this stupid gltich.

Anyone have any luck fixing this?
>>
>>27051662
Make the Pokestop reward related to the Pokestop density in the area so rural people will not be at a disadvantage. I feel like I will get the police called on me if I hang out at the playground that happens to be the only Pokestop in walking distance of my apartment.
>>
>>27058342
Yes!
>>
GoBros, does anyone know if you get more XP for evolving higher stage Pokémon? I have enough candies to evolve 1 Pidgeotto or 4 Pidgeys. I don't have a Pidgeot yet. I'm mostly looking for the biggest XP gain, though. What's the move here?
>>
>Trading
>Player vs Player battling
>The fewer the pokestops, the more and rarer the wild pokemon
>Option to heal party once per day
>Play with your pokemon, earning candies for evolution
>Can pitch unwanted egss
>>
>>27058639
Yes!
>>
>>27051662
What's the best way to get stronger pokemon?

Everytime I pass a gym they have pokemon with 300-500 cp.

All the shit I'm catching is only 10 cp to maybe 100 cp
>>
>Constant drops in the Pokemon TC
>can't even log into the TCG on tablet
>>
>>27067349
>>The fewer the pokestops, the more and rarer the wild pokemon

So some kid in the boonies with one stop gets all legendaries easy and any NYC fags will never ever get one?

I think the more nearby pokestops, the longer it should take before you can hit em up again. 5 mins is way too frequent.
>>
Does any one besides me feel like Niantic, Gamefreak, and Nintendo have no idea what they are doing?
>>
Have a full map of where stops are and a general sense of what pokemon can be found where.
>>
>>27067407
Let's dispel the notion that Nintendo doesn't know what it's doing. It knows exactly what it's doing.
>>
>>27067436

Make the general nuances of the game (tracking pokemon, how CP scales, what trainer level affects in terms of drop rates and pokemon encounters) less obtuse and axtually explain the fucking game mechanics.
>>
Actual fucking battles.

Localized pvp only.

More avatar options.
>>
>>27067441
Maybe its niantics. before GO, i had never heard of them
>>
>on a military base in Alaska
>the most common pokemon are Drowsy

Legitimately millions of Drowsy.
>>
Instead specific Pokemon Candies, we get Candies based on Pokemon type
>>
>>27067375
Legendaries should be special releases only, but yeah. Urban players would get more items, eggs, gym opportunities, and hopefully battles, etc. while rural areas get cooler pokemon.

As it is, I found more and rarer pokemon at fucking Walmart in 20 minutes than I did in the first three days of having the game in my hometown.
>>
>>27067539
>>
>>27067539

Holy shit yes. That's a much better idea.
>>
Increase random encounters and spawn rates in actual nature. For a game that wants to get people outside, finding no Pokemon on a nature trail walk doesn't help.

Secondly, change the entire fucking game. I'm enjoying myself a lot, but I'd be enjoying myself a lot more if I could battle wild Pokemon, battle other trainers, and fight like in the main games.
>>
V A L O R
A
L
O
R
>>
>>27066195
Yes, I am.
>>
Make something like "Any Candy" that can be given to any Pokemon. It can be something randomly given, or you can trade in other candies for it. If you have a hundred Pidgey candies lying in waste, you should be able to trade them in to get fifty or so Any Candies. Then you won't have to feel like such a goddamn moron for picking Squirtle with no bodies of water near you.

God fucking damn it, I just want a Blastoise. Is that so wrong?
>>
>2 months later
>someone hacks the app
>finds out how to switch Pokemon for hentai Pokemon
>you can now download this version of the app
>>
>>27064814
lol plz do not
>>
off topic for a moment cause funny:
If Trump and Hillary are stranded on an island who survives?
America
>>
>>27059124
What people died in what version of the game
>>
>>27051662
I'd like for it to be able to detect my camera orientation so I could actually try the game out.
>>
>>27068906
just turn ar off, you'll look less autistic anyway
>>
Better servers.
>>
>>27059669
Not true, I live in a small town with a population of about 1,400 and I see kids on bikes playing this game all over. There are about 9 Pokestops (that are mostly churches) and 5 gyms.

>inb4 "Its location dependent"
>>
>>27051662

Make Incense farming easier. Can anyone confirm that they actually drop at pokestops?
>>
File: you might.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
you might.jpg
225 KB, 1920x1080
>>27069261
I've had one, I mostly get balls, eggs and revives though so it must be rare.
>>
>>27068048
Rare candies?
>>
File: be careful.jpg (259 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
be careful.jpg
259 KB, 1920x1080
why are zubats so fucking hard to catch i keep missing
>>
>>27069364
fuck its perfect, can't believe they didn't implement something like that
>>
>>27051734
iktf anon
>>
>>27051662

This is already available in the US right? Im California and The Google playstore on my galaxy note 5 still says it's not available in my country.
>>
>>27067212
Jesus imagine being in public
>>
>>27069632
Not OP, but its available for me and im in Ohio. There are constant server issues, maybe thats why its not available.
>>
>>27069632
Came out 2 days ago
>>
File: 1467573693408.jpg (153 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467573693408.jpg
153 KB, 900x1200
>>27069778
>>27069794

I figured it out somehow. Got the app to install by googling it and hitting install from there. Some reason going to it through the google playstore brings it up as unaccessable to install while going to the app page via Google doesnt.
>>
>>27067191
What

I use PokemonGO on KitKat and it runs just fine
>>
What can I do to play if my phone is incompatible?
>>
>>27051662
As it is, the Battery Saver isn't worth activating. Every time it goes into a screensaver mode in my pocket it loses touch functionality until I hard reset it. Even just a second of the screensaver as an example made memos out on a few new Pokemon who disappeared when I reset.
>>
File: city escape.jpg (250 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
city escape.jpg
250 KB, 1920x1080
how i feel playing this game in public
>>
>>27070239
For some reason I can't download it from the play store, I had to APK it.
>>
File: 1467843332115.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1467843332115.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>Trading
>Player vs. Player
>Rural Areas have more PokeStops and Gyms, maybe even more Pokemon
>Daily Rewards, Miitomo for instance, but not too much so you fat NEETs can go out and play
>Legendaries are distrubuted through events, not through region(going to the Mariana Trench for Kyrogre is fucking dumb)
>Add Pokemon Abilities and Pokemon Moves
>PokeAmie integration
>More wild Pokemon spawns
>Improve servers
>More customization options for your character
>Instead of specific Pokemon Candies, we get Candies based on Pokemon type
>No social shit, go download another app for that
>Extend the radius of the circle
>Training, how to do curveballs easily, etc.

There, did I miss anything?
>>
>>27070528
>Pokemon Moves
*More Pokemon Moves, my b
>>
>>27051662
more pokemon in my area, it's vacant in the complex i live in
>>
>>27065109
That's your fault for getting a shitty phone m8
>>
Fix the bugs in general. I leveled from 8 to 9 about an hour ago and still haven't gotten a notification or any items for it.
>>
IN AREA 51 AND CAUGHT A MEWT-
>>
File: just.jpg (24 KB, 433x225) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
24 KB, 433x225
>>27070854
>>
>>27068048
>Then you won't have to feel like such a goddamn moron for picking Squirtle with no bodies of water near you.

I caught a Squirtle in the Best Buy parking lot

Seriously just go to any shopping mall that gets decent foot traffic for an hour and you will literally catch them all without trying, this game was made for next level shilling
>>
IN CHERNOBYL AND CAUGHT A MISSINGNO
>>
>>27057115
I live in Florida, I have a pokestop within walking distance at a community center.
>>
>>27071290
post it
>>
>>27051809

In my experience this happens to some extent. Whenever I encounter really rare pokemon (like Muk and Porygon), two things happen:

1.The pokemon is never on my nearby list in silhouette form before it's right up on my ass
2. It either "despawns" after a short time elapses, or the process of catching it is easily ten times harder than other encounters. I'm talking Porygon appears, use Razz Berry, use ball, perfectly dead center toss first try, first turn break out first turn flee

Whereas the Muk despawned after about two minutes when my server was lagging.

It seems like there are rare pokemon you can track down and then there's ridiculously rare pokemon that pretty much engage you, not the other way around.
>>
>>27051662
>You can't interact with a gym if the app (SOMEHOW) detects that you're still in your car.

>You can always join friendly gyms, no more bullshit grinding prestige at a far slower rate than other people can just take it away.
>>
>>27070528
>Rural Areas have more PokeStops and Gyms
Won't happen unless you play Ingress or something.

>Rural areas have more Pokemon
That is actually fair, they should do that.
>>
Legendaries shouldn't be exclusive to one global landmark, but regional landmarks because not everyone go to some random area. Some legendaries should be weather and time dependent like Articuno only comes when it's winter and like Kyogre only when its raining.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.