[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>download red on 3ds and get real excited about pokemon again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (134 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134 KB, 250x251
>download red on 3ds and get real excited about pokemon again
>complete living dex and craft perfect setups for each mon- max all 151 out
>study everything, from precise moves effects, crits, and the art of prediction
>decide to purchase oras and xy
>bored as fuck, cant bring myself to finish them

what went wrong? why cant a game thats basically the same thing interest me as heavily as red?
>>
>>27050904
Because your autistic. Gen 1 is fucking garbage.
>>
because you have the attention span of a gerbil

hopefully they'll make a repetitive mind numbing grinding game with pretty models for people like you, would probably be one of those freemium mobile games
>>
I dunno man. I've been playing since RB release in North America. Played through every gen. I recently downloaded red and haven't been able to get into it. Much prefer Black\white over it
>>
>>27050953
>the wrong your/you're
>>
>>27050966
>"you have the attention span of a gerbil"
>goes on to explain that he wants a grindfest

wow you are fucking stupid
>>
>>27051014
He wasn't saying that's what he wanted you fuckwit
>>
>>27050904
Gen 1 is without a doubt the worst one. It is completely outclassed by all others and the only somewhat viable reason to play them is nostalgia. There is no reason to play RB over FRLG. Try playing any of the gens between 1 and 6, as they are all immensely better than both 1 and 6. RSE is better in gen 3 than in the remakes, IMO.
>>
>>27050966
>>27050966
>attention span of a gerbal when i studied everything, max leveled my pokemons to level 100 by themselves against shit xp grass pokemon since repeat trainers wasnt a thing

Maybe I just dont want to play your casual shitter autistic mon and something with real challenge.
>>
>>27051026
>"He wasn't saying that's what he wanted you fuckwit"
>"hopefully they'll make a repetitive mind numbing grinding game with pretty models for people like you"
>>
>>27050904
>why cant a game thats basically the same thing interest me as heavily as red?

All Pokémon games are essentially the same thing but some games do that thing better than others.

I personally think Gen 1 is one of the weakest generations in the series, but Gen 6 is even worse.

I think the specific reason you can't enjoy Gen 6 is because the games have gotten gradually more cutscene-intensive and more handholdy, and Gen 6 is the climax of both those things. I've played every Gen as it comes out and Gen 6 bores me with all its handholding.

Try Emerald or Platinum, they're both a lot better than Gen VI. Emerald might be better for you than Platinum just because Emerald is a lot faster engine-wise.
>>
>>27051105
Why are they better?

>more moves

who cares? the moves in gen one were just fine

>less glitches

work around them; glitches were not enough to break the game

>battle tower
like i give a fuck; i dont want to play against ai; i wanna battle people
>>
>>27051155
don't worry OP I've got your back, kids who are saying it's just nostalgia have never even played them so they don't know
>>
>>27051181
There is literally no reason to play gen 1 other than nostalgia. Every other gen is better in literally every category. There is nothing gen 1 does better than other gens.
>>
Funny I had the opposite problem and I've played since Gen1

Bought Yellow on VC and can't be assed finishing it again
>>
>>27051181
>The moves in gen 1 were just fine
Try looking at some of the abysmal shitty movesets/ learnsets that 95% of the mons had.

>Work around the glitches
How about no glitches to work around... That'd be nice, right?

>I don't want to play against AI
So you trained your Pokemon against shit grass mons to level 100 because you don't want to battle shitty AI. Got it. Also, battling actual people is so much easier in later gens.

None of the arguments you made make any sense and completely work against gen 1.
>>
>>27051181
Not him, but having more Pokémon and more moves does make the game better since it creates a lot more variety in teams. Gen 3 also adds abilities, and the abilities that play a bigger role gameplay-wise, like Shedinja's Wonder Guard (Shedinja only has one hit point but its ability makes it immune to all attacks that aren't super effective) or Zoroark's Illusion (when it's sent out it disguises itself as another Pokémon in your party, and the illusion only breaks when it takes damage from an attack). Weather and entry hazards can also make a huge difference.

Gen 3 also introduced double battles, and Gen 5 introduced triple and rotation battles; they're all entirely separate battle modes that completely change up teambuilding and strategy. I personally still prefer single battles the most but a lot of people love double battles more than single battles, to the point that the official Game Freak "competitive" format is in doubles.
>>
>>27051219
>its just nostalgia
>the games are literally better

I played Doom, Deus Ex, and System Shock 2 when they came out and I fucking hate them now. This is not nostalgia.

and explain it better then simply every gen past red improved on everything. if thats the case then why do they bore the shit out of me?
>>
File: 1439823280640.jpg (43 KB, 494x366) Image search: [Google]
1439823280640.jpg
43 KB, 494x366
>>27051296
>I played Doom, Deus Ex, and System Shock 2 when they came out and I fucking hate them now.

Everyone leave this thread, OP is a lost cause.
>>
>>27051296
See >>27051277 and >>27051278

Also, just because you don't feel nostalgic about certain games doesn't mean you don't feel it about this.
>>
>>27051278
Gen One had all the variety you needed. All the other gens did was make the game even more casual shit just because you couldn't figure out how to kill Tauros. You had your ice moves, grass moves, psychic moves, etc. and they were all fine.

Abilities and EV are cancer and just encourage people to turn it into a Reset match.

>playing those meme battle styles
>>
>>27051277
>shitty movesets

no its you whose shit. just because you forgot to replace growl with something better doesnt mean it was shit

the glitches literally effect nothint but two moves which are shit to begin with.

>much easier

do you not have friends or something? i rather play against my friends then some 10 year old kid who spams every legendary known to man.
>>
File: 1453917187831.png (197 KB, 547x356) Image search: [Google]
1453917187831.png
197 KB, 547x356
>>27051343
>Gen One had all the variety you needed

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2016-06/gen1ou-1760.txt
>Tauros: 96.89264%

And Gen 1 had an equivalent to EVs in the form of stat experience. The only difference is maxing out your stat experience takes magnitudes more grinding than maxing out your EVs.
>>
>>27051343
EVs were in gen 1 Anon.
>>
I personally think the first gen is way too overrated. Nostalgia aside, I really don't think it aged very well in terms of balance, Pokemon art, shoddy translation, and story. And why can't I catch anymore Pokemon if my box is full?

I don't even really like the old Pokemon as much as I do the newer ones. Sure, some of the new Pokemon designs look silly, but gen 1 has a pile of sludge that evolves into an even bigger pile of sludge, a pokeball that evolves into an upside down pokeball, a nigger princess, and a vagina clam. The people who jerk themselves off to Charizard and Mewtwo never seem to mention shit tier Pokemon like that.
>>
>>27051382
>Implying the Pokemon learnsets in gen 1 weren't shit

>Implying you can't play online against a friend and have to use those shitty link cables to have fun

This has to be bait. I refuse to believe someone is this stupid.
>>
>>27051415
IVs and abilities and whatever the fuck you kids talk about these days.

>>27051408
If you get rekt by tauros you deserve to lose. Theres plenty of checks. Only mewtwo is limited but even then you can use Paras to wall him.

>>27051451
>balancing
So your answer is making the game more casual shit instead of getting good?

>actually caring about pokemon graphics, story, etc.
>>
>gen 6 is bad meme

nope
>>
>>27051498
>Getting good
More like spamming the same 6 Pokemon on every team. There is no diversity. There is no strategy. It sucks.
>>
>>27051481
Moves were not shit. You're shit.

3DS version allows wifi battles. Stop talking.
>>
>>27051528
so basically every game right? cause every competition has the same six mons.
>>
>>27051498
>So your answer is making the game more casual shit instead of getting good?

No, I'm talking about not having psychic types being completely overpowered with every bug type having weak as shit moves and another type that's weak to psychics, among other things.

There is no fun in there only being a handful of viable mons because the other Pokemon are either too weak or have a typing that gets their ass kicked.
>>
>>27051155
>real challenge
Then why are you playing pokemon
every pokemon game is easy as fuck
>>
>>27051567
>Playing VGC
>>
>>27051155
>Casual shitter
>Playing Gen 1
>>
>>27051550
So why are you shitting on battling online when you do the same fucking thing. You are such a dumbass, and everything you say is bullshit.
>>
>>27051606
>psychic types overpowered

Clansey wall them new friend.

>too weak

just like how its now? dont tell me you dont use the same 20 generic top league pokemons. in fact show me your competive team right now.

>>27051624
RBY was challenging because everything was random chance and the movesets were not bloated.
>>
>>27051550
>3DS version allows wifi battles

This is literally false.

And Parasect only has 0.01912% usage on the Smogon Gen 1 ladder.

And Gen 1 had IVs too.
>>
>>27051652
I never did shit on online battles are you retarded?
>>
>>27051692
Pokemon RBY has wifi battles. Look it up idiot.

>paying attention to smogon
im talking to a 12 year old.
>>
>>27051738
wireless battles my friend, not wifi. Big difference
>>
>>27051738

>Complains about bringing up smogon
>Brings up VGC as a key point in your shitty argument: >>27051567

You are even worse.
>>
>>27051738
Wi-Fi battles = online = gen 6

Wireless battles = offline but no wires = RBY VC

Learn the difference.
>>
File: gen 1 shit.jpg (345 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
gen 1 shit.jpg
345 KB, 893x1200
Just gonna leave this here...
>>
>>27051738
Smogon is good for things like usage stats, and those stats say nobody uses Parasect.
>>
>>27051681

I don't do competitive. I was talking from a story point of view.
>>
>>27051550
No I mean the moves that Pokemon learned by leveling up were absolute garbage and you almost always had to use multiple TMs on all Pokemon in order to actually do well. Just look up the learnsets for some of the mons. It's pure shit.
>>
File: genwar bingo.jpg (339 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
genwar bingo.jpg
339 KB, 777x922
>>27051858
might as well
>>
>>27051965
This may be the most relative post ever
>>
>>27051965
>Voltorb & Electrode are good designs because they are based on the jrpg mimic archetype

Are you implying they aren't good designs for exactly this reason?
>>
>>27050985
Only an autist makes an argument purely based on grammar
>>
>>27051965
The Yokai Watch square should be changed. Poor idiot got taken behind the shed by the mods a week or two ago.

>that glorious double ban
>>
>>27052173
>only
what is a Grammar Nazi you little shit.
>>
>>27050904
will never forget the day i saw a couple of northern european hipsters playing this shit on a flight back from medellin

*shudders*
>>
>>27053724
lmfao imagine if they saw YOU playing gen 6, fuck off kid
>>
File: This Guy Ash.jpg (108 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
This Guy Ash.jpg
108 KB, 960x640
>>27053740
>>
>>27053724
Why did you mention where you were flying back from?
>>
>>27053775
because medellin has lots and lots of north european hipsters
>>
>>27050904
I can't really say, OP. I can name a bunch of stuff, but ultimately, I had the same experience with Yellow and ORAS, though I played ORAS first and then went back to Yellow, only to enjoy Yellow significantly more.
>>
>>27051219
The added features of newer games just sent the autism into overdrive.
In gen 1 you could catch your favoutite mon without giving a moments thought into what gender/nature/iv spread it had.
Pure simple fun
In modern games I hat raising a wild mon that I know has shit stats, whilst being teased with the idea that I could maybe breed a perfect one by spending more time riding my bike back and forth
>>
>>27051910
>not doing the mew glitch to get unlimited tms

not my fault you dont know how to get good
>>
>>27051766
>>27051835
why am i not suprised you have no friends
>>
>>27051181
>Moves in gen one were fine
>trapping moves, 90% blizzard, hyper beam, OHKO moves, high crit-moves, etc.
okay you're just a fucking gen one fag.
>>
>>27055254
>trapping moves
switch to a counter mon. the mons who learned trapping moves were horseshit and would get rekt barring dragonite

>90% blizzard
yeah and? switch to chansey or starmie.

>hyper beam
you deserve to die if you get rekt

>ohko
22.6 accuracy. you were complaing about 90% accuracy above.

>high crit
and? get good shitter. and use a counter against them. mankey and senpai cant hit a ghost pokemon.
>>
>>27050904
>what went wrong?
the bad pokemon design after gen 1
>>
>>27055611
The fact that they even added pokemon after 151. No one has the fucking time to catch 700 pokemon. Thats why RBY was a success; it wasn't floded with shitmons no one likes. Gamefreak would of done a lot better if they just released a dozen or less quality mons while adding in more moves, repeatable battles, and battle tower.
>>
>>27050904
Because you have great taste.
>>
>>27051105
That's like saying Halo is better than pong and the only reason to play pong is nostalgia.
>>
>>27051451
The only bad pokemon you mentioned was Jinx.

In new gens most pokemon look as bad as Jinx.
>>
File: 1454980710751.png (4 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1454980710751.png
4 KB, 625x626
>>27050904
>>27055611
>>27055638
holy shit this whole thread
>>
>>27051858
Only a few of those are bad things.

Some of them are even awesome things.
>>
>>27051910
Not true...
>>
The mechanics of pokemon are way better/more balanced today than ever. But if you can't admit that design-wise (whether art design, pokemon design, music, etc.) the series has been going downhill from the very start, then you have terrible taste and you're the reason why gamefreak are still making millions off shit design. It seriously baffles me that people can be excited about these new pokemon they are announcing, they are the worst I have ever seen. I can't wait till the series dies, but at this rate it won't ever because of autistics that cant live without MUH NEW POKEMON GAYME
>>
>>27053664

So an autist?
>>
>>27051498

IVs existed in gen 1 as well anon.
>>
>>27050904
>living dex gen 1.
needing all 9 Starters, even all the fucking mons you couldn´t get
>study everthing..in gen 1
you mean, having high int for crits? using hypnosis...
>max all of them out and make perfect set ups
the gen where you can use a tm once....

anon you cheated/glitched the hell out of this game. Now you saying " I did this and this, such a nice gayme". You underage fag, probably never even played online. So btfo fucking genwunner.
>>
>>27057017
I'm assuming you're joking, right?
>>
>>27051155
>gen 1
>real challenge
CTFU
Maybe when you were 4
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.