[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When we bank gen 1 pokemon to Sun/Moon, will it remember which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
When we bank gen 1 pokemon to Sun/Moon, will it remember which balls were used to catch them?
>>
>>27047594
I work at gamefreak, can confirm
>>
>>27047617
Will we be able to transfer Mew captured from Nugget Bridge? (Imperative. Need to know.)
>>
I'm guessing sun/moon will randomly generate a nature as well

It will be interesting to see how it handles a mon that has had all EV's maxed out
>>
>>27048437
I'm pretty willing to bet game freak is going to be lazy as fuck about it, because the vast majority of players will not care or notice as long as it's the same species with the same name at the same level with the same moves.
>>
>>27047594
special "Time ball" or some shit or like a worn pokeball
>>
>>27048528
A worn pokeball would actually be a pretty neat idea, but knowing GF they'll probably just do a regular pokeball for all mons
>>
>>27048437

See

>>27048474

All that the same, random nature, random I.vs, no e.vs.
>>
>>27048474
The thing is, I've been trying to catch a Tauros legitimately in Blue, in the Safari zone, but I'm wasting too much time on it.
If Sun/Moon isn't going to show that I caught my Tauros in a Safari ball, then I'm just going to glitch for one right now and be done with it
>>
>>27049294

Just do it in Fr/Lg.
>>
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>27047594
>>
>>27048437
it will be hardy/serious nature for every pokemon
>>
>>27049319
I don't own frlg. I'd rather do it in Blue for nostalgia reasons anyway
>>
>>27047594
If the save data structure for the virtual console release is anything like the original RBY, it won't matter if you catch everything in Masterballs or Greatballs.

When they are transferred, I hope they do a special ball in SM, and not just all generic Pokeballs... They did that when transferring from gen 3 to gen 4, anyway.
>>
>>27048437
85 EVs into all 6 stats makes 510 EVs total.
>>
You know it will be just generic Poke Balls, just like how it was for the Poke Walker.
>>
>>27049397
Play it on a rom, then transfer it to a real save. It's not hacking or injecting, if it's caught legitimely and just "hackily" transfered
>>
>>27049294
If you get tired of the Safari Zone's BS and you still have at least one "long-distance" trainer left unbattled, then you can do the Mew Glitch and battle a level 7 Tauros.
>>
>>27049781
No hacking required if you do it this way, and Tauros won't run away.
>>
>>27049502
Literally the first I've heard about this being possible. Will have to investigate further. Any link that explains how to do it?

>>27049781
>>27049803
If all Red/Blue mon end up in a regular pokeball when transferred to Sun/Moon, then this seems like the best thing to do.
>>
>>27049407
>They did that when transferring from gen 3 to gen 4, anyway
as in, they did generic pokeballs or a special ball?
>>
>>27050103
A lot of videos on the glitch leave out important details or fuck it up. Read this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch#Ditto_glitch

Basically, you need:
>A Pokemon with a special stat of EXACTLY 60 for Tauros
>A wild Ditto
>A Pokemon with Strength
>A Pokemon with Fly
>Escape Rope/Dig
>A long-distance trainer you haven't battled
>>
File: HNI_0011.jpg (39 KB, 270x152) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0011.jpg
39 KB, 270x152
>>27050120
Wasn't there a special gold-colored pokeball?
>>
>>27050103
Personally, i use a DS flash card. Among the other things, it allows you to apply a save over a GBA or a DS save by using homebrews (if the flash card is slot1, you'll need to send the save via ftp from your pc).
So... You can play LeafGreen on an emulator on your pc/phone, save the game, then use a save editor (for gen3 i like A-Save) to export your party/box pokemon files. You can directly import these .pkm files to other gen3 saves, as R/S/E. If you apply the R/S/E save to a real gba cartridge, you can use palpark to move them to gen4 and upward.
If you don't want to palpark all the way to gen6, you can use pk2pk (google for "pk2pk Time Capsule Transfer Tool") to make them from gen3/4 to gen5, then use PokeSav or PokeGen to "inject" them in a B/W save, then use the flash card homebrew to export them in a real B/W cartridge.
They're moved in a hacked way, but they're the very same legit pokemon you captured in-game. You didn't boost, changed IVs/Natures or even edited them in any way: purists may disagree, but I think that as long the hacking is only used to avoid buying hardware and/or losing ages to move mons through generations, it's pretty fine.
>>
>>27049407
>>27050276
>When they are transferred, I hope they do a special ball in SM, and not just all generic Pokeballs... They did that when transferring from gen 3 to gen 4, anyway.
I don't recall any special balls for Pokemon transferring from Gen III. Unless you mean that they showed up in the Pokeball they were caught in, which I think is just because Gen III stored that data but didn't display it anywhere. If Gen IV did display the Pokeball the Gen III mons was caught in, I can't recall if it does and I haven't found anything on it after a quick look.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.