[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we're never getting a battle simulator with prettier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: very important.png (119 KB, 540x285) Image search: [Google]
very important.png
119 KB, 540x285
>tfw we're never getting a battle simulator with prettier graphics and a fun announcer
>the cel-shaded graphics and attack animations are more focused on being cute for younger players, so there's no emotion or excitement about the attacks displayed at all.
>no dynamic lighting in different arenas
>the background textures have absurdly low resolution and are simply stretched out and broken
>twilight is literally just an orange overlay and night is just a blue overlay with a shift in brightness
>we'll never be free from the shitty "chosen one save the world from evil team with legendary pokemon" bullshit story
>the models are super detailed to be reused in future games but are textured like the chinese cartoon meaning they have extremely simple colors and shading with little to no detail

was the transition to 3D the worst thing to happen to pokemon?
>>
I guess
>>
>>27047451
>>tfw we're never getting a battle simulator with prettier graphics and a fun announcer
>tfw you liked Battle Revolution
>No one else did
I hate all of you
>>
>>27047868
I never owned a Wii, anon

i like some of the music though
>>
>>27047451
Would it really be too much to ask to have a Pokémon game like stadium or revolution with Pokken's graphics?
>>
I wish I had as little as a life as you guys do to worry about the graphics of a game targeted at ten year olds.

Jesus christ. Go jack off to more "realistic" pokemon deviant arts.
>>
>>27047943
don't you have some hot babes to be fucking and some pot to be smoking, GOfag?
>>
>>27047961
Will do famadingdong. Make sure to send nintendo that idea for that epic pokemon mmo too, I'm sure they've never thought about it!
>>
>>27047451
Nintendo should make a game containing the Battle Frontier, any memorable Stadium, XD, Rev. additions, the ability to watch match replays play out in an action-game format like Pokken. Add in an explorable island like the Battle Zone.
>>
>>27048003
are you really comparing having standards for graphics that can be better and have been done better in the same console or wanting a game only for the core mechanic, which is battling, to some retarded delusion that is basically a meme and no one could possibly unironically wish for at this point?

apples and oranges, faggot
>>
>>27048074
Wanting better graphics is as simple as waiting for them to release the game on the next generation of hardware, something they've been doing since forever.

So what if it doesn't compete with final fantasy in the graphics department? Though even that's debatable if you look up world of final fantasy.

The fact of the matter is a ten year old does not care if pikachu has six passes of AA if they can recognize it's pikachu. Pokemon is not for you.
>>
>>27048209
>so what if a game looks mediocre at best compared to other stuff in the same hardware, it's aimed for children and kids are fucking dumb!

Being aimed at children is no excuse for mediocrity, especially considering how nice and charming the games looked on each console before the Gen V animations came along, and children played those when they came out aswell, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>27048288
>pikachu looks like pikachu
>FUCK YOU MAN THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, WHY ARE THE TREES IN THE BATTLE BACKGROUND NOT FULLY ANIMATED???

First of all yes it is an excuse because more time spent on graphics development can be used elsewhere or decrease the budget. Games are a business.

You also forget the 3ds games already have framerate issues, but I guess a slideshow is great if it looks good.
>>
>>27048344
I think OP was talking more about how we're stuck with shitty graphics because now that everything is 3D there is no need for a prettier battle simulator on an actual console with enough power to run a nice looking game with better hardware to handle the polygon count and shaders.

Don't know about the other guy though
>>
>>27047868

Blame Nintendo rushing it out the door leaving with no content. Besides, they were idiots for locking you into round 2 after beating round 1 since round 1 was the only way casuals could enjoy it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.