[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the "Rated E" colored white or black on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_20160708-174223.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-174223.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Why is the "Rated E" colored white or black on the gen 1 Pokemon games? What is the significance/difference? I have Pokemon blue and red with a black "E" and with a white "E" as well, they are both real but why the difference?
>>
File: 874679.jpg (14 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
874679.jpg
14 KB, 407x286
This is a really autistic thing to notice and make a thread about, OP.
>>
>>27042915
The ones with black Es are all strange cartridges given to me by an old man. When i booted the game up it looked normal but...
>>
It's just how the ESRB icons used to look.
>>
>>27043015
...as soon as I had to choose the starter, all the pokeballs would show thw message "They are empty. You know why". That was when I realised...
>>
Less ink used maybe?
>>
>>27043121
It was a hack based off the anime?
>>
Different labels for when they were manufacturing the cartridges. There was a sudden change from the old one to the new one mid way through the labelling process of some of the pokemon games, so some have the older E logo, some have the newer E logo. That's literally all
>>
the "Rated E" colored white appears only in the first batch of games. The black one is the players' choice edition (a reprint).
>>
>>27044298
>>27043920
So White "E"s are basically like first editions?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.