[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Steel Types.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: background-1172581_960_720.jpg (189 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
background-1172581_960_720.jpg
189 KB, 960x540
Often made out of metal, Steel types usually boast a high defensive and/or offensive persona.
Pure Steel typing is uncommon.
Mixed types offer a range of strengths and weaknesses.
Favored mixed typing?
Wished mixed typing?
What do you love/hate about Steel types?
Favorite Steel Pokemon?
Most hated Steel Pokemon?

Let's talk about Steel Types.
>>
>>27042757
Blastoise should have been Steel type. Shouldn't be the only monotype stater of Gen 1. Felt like they withheld Steel type a whole generation and screwed him over hard.

Mono-Steel should be more common

Ice/Steel should be done and done right.
>AC unit
>Snow Plow
>Viking themed ice elemental/frost giant
>Ice climber
>Snowmobile
>>
>>27042943
Yeah I was kind of disappointed when they didn't retype it but they did for Magneton.
>>
File: Steelix1.jpg (38 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
Steelix1.jpg
38 KB, 500x707
Steel type best type.

Favourites are Steelix, Excadrill, Aggron, Magnezone, Empoleon and Bronzong.

Water/Steel is an awesome typing, which Empoleon is an example of. Would like to see some more of that, more Steel/Dragon and a Steel/Poison type.

There isn't a steel type I dislike, really.
>>
>>27042757
>Pure Steel typing is uncommon.
True, of the 721 known pokemon (pre gen VII), there are 5 pure steel types. 3 being part of the same evolutionary line and 1 being a mega. They're not uncommon, rather they're rare.
>Mixed types offer a range of strengths and weaknesses.
Rock/Steel is 4x vulnerable to Fighting and Ground, but resists Fire. Bug/Steel is 4x vunerable to Fire. etc, etc
>Favored mixed typing?
Steel/Psychic
>Wished mixed typing?
Fire/Steel (Heatran doesn't count, I want a F/S that doesn't look like shit)
>What do you love/hate about Steel types?
I love that they tend to have some of the better designs among other mon types. I hate that there are so many Bug/Steel types. Not that I hate those specific mons, I think they're fantastic, but it just feels like there's too many.
>Favorite Steel Pokemon?
mah boi Aggron
>Most hated Steel Pokemon?
Bronzong
>Let's talk about Steel Types.
Let's
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.