[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Generation 6 analysis - Day 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: froakesy.png (209 KB, 769x278) Image search: [Google]
froakesy.png
209 KB, 769x278
Today we will be looking at the objectively the most famous starter trio(in Japan at least): Froakie Frogadier and Greninja.
Three years ago when XY was announced I'm not going to lie froakie was my least favourite out of the bunch it looked silly and still kinda cute I really liked it too and knew it had a lot of potential and it got the respect it deserved(hopefully Popplio will turn out pretty good too).
Frogadier is by far the best designed out of the bunch and still works wonders with eviolite protean in lower tiers.
And finally Greninja. At first the weird origami face kinda turned me off a llittle. Don't get me wrong I still liked it I did like the tongue scarf idea but was kinda sad the bubbles disappeared. After a while I got used to the face I warmed up to it and I still believe its in-game model really makes it shine not to mention its great shiny version. In terms of competitive play its no secret that its amazing ability made him rise above average and gives him stab to every single move it uses. At the beginning of XY it was at the top of OU but thanks to ORAS its movepool expanded immensely giving it access to things like gunk shot and low kick thus being a fearsome mixed attacker which was really tough to counter because before knowing its move set it would already tear a hole through your team
All in all its a pretty great line I really love and appreciate their design and its amazing especially in competitive play being one of Kalos's top mons.

What are your thoughts?
>>
File: 1461522502749.jpg (64 KB, 500x692) Image search: [Google]
1461522502749.jpg
64 KB, 500x692
Based as fuck. Deserves the popularity unlike Tango lizard.
>>
>>27037782
It's the first "Forced" 'mon that I actually really like

Unless you count Zoroark
>>
These threads never end well
>>
>>27037782
Love these guys. Especially Greninja. It drops the foam bubbles because it's no longer a child, and the tongue scarf is genius. Water Shuriken is a super cool sig move, too.

Ash-Greninja is a terrible design and concept, though, and shits all over the idea of Greninja as a neat frog ninja in favor of "giant shonen explosion attacks."
>>
>>27037859
>tango lizard
Are you refering to Salandit? I think its great and people misinterpret the pheromones are used by real animals too but anything that's not their kind they eat. Meaning people are stupid as fuck if they think this thing wants to fuck with them.
>>
>>27037782
it's honestly my fav mon.
deserves the popularity.
entirely useful, amazing movepool, amazing ability, amazing shiny for a ninja based pokemon too.

The tongue thing still creeps me out if I think about it too much. It really doesn't need the whole ash-greninja thing, but I'm all for one of my favs getting even better.
>>
Terrible, DeviantART-tier garbage.
Water starters haven't been good since gen 4.
>>
Froakie is my favorite out of the line. That's all I have good to say about them.
>>
>>27038330
Fuck off Chesnaughtfag.
>>
>>27037782
I really like the tree frog basis for this line, and I think that the tongue scarf is quite a clever design for a frog ninja, As frogs in popular culture are known for their long tongues (even though their tongues aren't actually quite that long).
>>
Only good part of the line is the last one, everything else is awful.

Overall I don't like it, definetly the strongest out of starters from gen 6, but that doesn't mean much to me because Greninja needs Protean to do anything.
>>
>>27037782
Whenever I see the ninja frog of infinite shilling I remember when it was first leaked. People were saying how it could be based on origami frogs due to the shape of it ears, saying it looked as if it was folded paper. All in all, a good line with one of the best mid stage designs we've had in the franchise, as well as being one of the best water type starters.
>>
File: 39487436_p0.jpg (4 MB, 1482x1748) Image search: [Google]
39487436_p0.jpg
4 MB, 1482x1748
>>27037907
>>27038016

I completely agree. Back in Late September 2016 when Greninja was the first actual leaked pokemon represented one of my favorite moments in this board, and i've been here since its creation.

The unwavering real or fake status was wonderful to analyze, and i must admit that i found the tongue scarf to be so experimental and creative that i doubted Gamefreak would actually implement it, but i i praised it as one of the best "fakemon" i had ever seen. I was inhumanly joyful on Oct 2nd when we finally got Pokemon Amie screens confirming him and showing off his design even more. By the time the actual game released, he had already become my favorite pokemon of all time, stealing a spot that Arcanine had held for over 15 years in my heart.
>>
I love Froakie's Benjamin Franklin look, but am kinda meh on the other two. I picked Froakie without knowing what it would evolve into, and was kind of disappointed by it.

I have soured to Greninja over time, as it became more apparent that Game Freak went out of its way to make Greninja popular and good, which is fine, but lately I have begun thinking they intentionally nerfed the other two to make Greninja the ONLY good choice, which annoys me. Maybe it isn't fair to judge a pokemon this way, but I still am.

I don't mind the tongue scarf, but in my opinion, it doesn't use the tongue enough to justify its existence. As it stands it is ONLY a scarf, essentially.

It's kinda meh in-game. It doesn't hit quite hard enough to OHKO bulkier things, and dies if sneezed at, so it isn't exactly reliable.
>>
>>27043247
>but lately I have begun thinking they intentionally nerfed the other two to make Greninja the ONLY good choice
Considering how disgusting and horrible the existence of Shitnaught and Shitphox is, good riddance.

If anything, they haven't been nerfed enough.
>>
>>27037782
I didn't think it was that bad.

And then they started forcing it and now I hate it.
>>
>>27038330
>hating Samurott

I agree with you with greninja, it's forced DeviantArt tier trash.

>Inb4 "C-Chesnaught fag"

all of the kalos starters suck
>>
The greninja ban was a mistake
>>
>>27038463
Why am I not surprise this is what a Greniggerfag would retort with?
Protip: your entire shithole of a region is garbage.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>27043546
>Why am I not surprise this is what a Greniggerfag would retort with?
Because that's what Chesnaughtfags do. They shit on the most based pokemon ever because they're butthurt. Now fuck off Chesnaughtfag.
>>
>>27043048
>September 2016
hello time machine man
>>
>>27038330
>Liking Hunchback alligator and Swampert

Shit taste
>>
>>27038330
Are you surprised?

Of course 4 chan loved the fucking weeb frog
>>
>>27043309
>Forcing popular Pokemon is bad!

Fuck off, that's a shitty reason to hate a Pokemon and if it wasn't Greninja it'd be something else.
>>
I like Greninja because it's a competitive God, has a decent design and a fucking wicked shiny. Sue me.
>>
>>27043667
I never liked it's design, and i'm sick of having it be in almost every spinoff

>inb4 "not in pokken"

it's probably going to be the new character they're talking about.
>>
File: the irrefutable truth.png (3 MB, 1440x9154) Image search: [Google]
the irrefutable truth.png
3 MB, 1440x9154
>>27037782
>>
>>27043707
Have you seen the leaks? It's proabably Darkrai.
>>
File: hanzo.jpg (237 KB, 564x766) Image search: [Google]
hanzo.jpg
237 KB, 564x766
Greninja is great, it reminds me of the mid 90's fighting game ninja designs.
>>
File: 1466918316609.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1466918316609.png
454 KB, 414x499
>>27043247
>it doesn't use the tongue enough to justify its existence

You know, it might seem small, but this is actually the only gripe i have against Greninja. Idea-wise, it is great and creative, but Whether it be technical limitations or sheer laziness, the peeps at Gamefreak didn't particularly do much to make it seem useful, which is strange because of all the times we've had some of those "where did THAT come from?" accesories on pokemon like pants, belts, gloves and the like, this is the rare occasion in which it actually makes sense, after all frogs have long tongues.

The problem is that it's so stiff and motionless that it doesn't even feel like a tongue. It doesn't even surprise me that there's still people that don't know it's his tongue even 3 years after he was revealed, and i'm sure it's because it was handled poorly. I've always said that it would've been perfect if it were simply shown not having the scarf out all the time even if it would affect consistency marketing-wise. Yes, it makes sense that a ninja would hide its identity from the enemy, but why even keep doing it to your trainer and the like? They should've made a scarfless model that works outside of battle and make it switch to scarfmode when it's in battle.

If there's any 3d programmers out there, how hard would it be to make a 3D Greninja that can go from having its neutral look to wrapping its tongue around itself to cloak it in real time?
>>
>>27037782
Although I like Greninjq's design, it still bugging me the fact that they swapped Greninja's and Delphox' HA and named "Magician" the ability meant for Greninja. (Really? A wizard that can steal? A thief that can change its type to make its attacks more powerful?)
>>
I have no strong feelings either way.
Picked it on my first run through Kalos. Went well.
>>
>>27037782
Knee jerk reaction was "I didn't like it" but it grew on me.
>>
File: CletxN3VAAAlH6q.jpg (121 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
CletxN3VAAAlH6q.jpg
121 KB, 1000x800
>>27043802
I nicknamed mine Strider because it was clearly its main influence.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.