[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could have been...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Gogoat.png (303 KB, 868x921) Image search: [Google]
Gogoat.png
303 KB, 868x921
Take an underwhelming 'mon and move it stats distribution around to improve it

>> Gogoat
>> HP: 123 >123
>> Attack: > 100
>> Defense: 62 > 62
>> Sp. Attack: 97 > 45
>> Sp. Defense: 81 > 81
>> Speed 68 > 110

>> Now has God like speed tier
>> Able to abuse God like move pool
>> Bulky af
>> Life Orb+Bulk Up set fucs up a good portion of OU
>> Smogonwash eats a dick

I wish trollfreak didn't fuck this thing. It had so much potential
>>
I would have preferred it to be a bit more bulky too. Those defences are atrocious
>>
>>27034590
>EVERY SINGLE POKÉMON IN EXISTENCE HAS TO BE A PERFECT MILITARY GAUNTLET OF DESTRUCTION
>>
Give the mega beedrill treatment to basically any physical attacker.
>>
>>27037048
fuck no, bulky physical sweepers are best

>>27034590
youre shit and your opinions are shit, i mean, if anything, the Sp Atk points should go into Def and/or Sp Def equally. Gogoat is great too, fuck you. he's bulky as fuck and has so many recovery options its a joke. Literally slap a big root on that fucker, max Def and Sp Def, Horn leech leech seed earthquake and milk drink and you've got the perfect tank for anything but fire and ice types
>>
File: 526711.png (181 KB, 1196x600) Image search: [Google]
526711.png
181 KB, 1196x600
>>27034590
Their physical and special attack are now switched to take full-advantage of their movepools. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking with their offensive stats. Especially Gorgeist when they fucking introduced another Physical Grass/Ghost type in the SAME GODDAMN GEN.
>>
>>27037181
i use both and both are amazing pokemon. a buff never hurts
>>
>>27037204
They are both decent on their own, but they feel redundant when we have other options that do their job but better. Im sick of seeing inferior options.
>>
>>27037076
>fuck no, bulky physical sweepers are best
Ah yes, otherwise known as Will-O-Wisp magnets.
>>
>>27037243
idk about others but lickilicki gets refresh so get rekt

>>27037232
>options that do their job but better

tired of this meme
>>
>>27037293
Are you twelve or have you never played competitive?
>>
>>27037328
are you dumb or do you just suck smogon/VGC dick all day to the point of being comatose with semen
>>
>>27037349
So I was right
>>
>>27037349
>i'm just gonna ignore you and stroke my own dick huehue

o boi am i laffin
>>
>>27034590
Gogoat doesn't need better stats desu, it just needs a fucking movepool worth anything
>>
>>27038095
Its movepool is fucking great( Horn Leech, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Milk Drink, Bulk Up, Leech Seed, etc), but without speed it can't do shit
>>
File: 024_2.jpg (142 KB, 620x540) Image search: [Google]
024_2.jpg
142 KB, 620x540
HP: 60
Attack: 105 (+20)
Defense: 69
Sp. Atk: 25 (-40)
Sp. Def: 69 (-10)
Speed: 110 (+30)

Arbok is really one of those Pokemon that could stand to get a Mega of some sort. Its movepool is great, but it just doesn't have the stats to do much with it and is still frail as hell.
>>
>>27037349
Show some showdown matches were you wreck people with your unique and super useful sets.
>>
>>27037396
was meant for >>27037396
faggot

>>27038417
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-396809669
>>
>>27038417
i'm on the right of course, and fuck you btw, you sound like a prick

>>27037396
i dont know what's up with replies today, but this >>27037410
is for you, faggot
>>
>>27034590
Basically every Pokemon powerup involves making the Pokemon a darmanitan. Not all Pokemon can have good attack and speed and low special attack.
>>
>>27034590
Isn't Gogoat's best set something like Bulk Up/Milk Drink/Horn Leech/Coverage? you didn't do anything to it's coverage
>>
Give Archeops an ability that raises his Atk and SpAtk when his HP is below 50%. That's how it should have been from the start.
>>
>>27036947
>>27041269
with power creep it's the only way to make a pokemon viable. Sure, there are a handful of pokemon who can attack well enough from both sides of the spectrum: Thundurus, Mega Luke, Celebi (mostly used for support, though). They only pick one attacking stat, though. The only move that commonly goes mixed off the top of my head nowadays would probably be Tornadus-T, or maybe Mega Metagross with grass knot to get past hippowdon. It's not like Gen 3 or 4 when mixed wallbreaking was all the rage, splitting your offenses is now more of a liability
>>
File: 620Mienshao.png (103 KB, 431x431) Image search: [Google]
620Mienshao.png
103 KB, 431x431
Swap that Special Attack over to HP, Defense, or Special Defense. Now it can pretend to be able to take a hit with the aid of Regenerator instead of pretending to be a mixed attacker.
>>
>>27042969
but it needs to HP Ice out those Salamence.
>>
>>27042969
Give it a nature that boosts Sp Def or Def, I use one on one of my teams and although it's true it's relatively frail, it's not like infernape or darmanitan levels of glass cannon frail

so much so that running drain punch on it in combination with u turn and regenerator is a sound strategy
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.