[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else seriously hate megas? It's what almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: megas.png (1018 KB, 1024x647) Image search: [Google]
megas.png
1018 KB, 1024x647
Does anyone else seriously hate megas?

It's what almost made me lose interest in Pokemon and even now, so long after they were introduced, I still fucking hate them. I might like an occasional mega, but it doesn't make up for my general hate of the mega system even existing.
>>
>>27033387
I hated them when they first came, but now I kind of just accepted them even though I don't like them. I do understand that they can make older pokemon more relevant though for new players so it's not all bad.
>>
Garde got a huge ass though
>>
>>27033387

There's no reason to hate them, since they aren't mandatory in any way...

Like I don't hate North Korea, because I'll probably never have to deal with them at any point in my life. You don't have to hate things because they exist, OP.
>>
>>27033427
You're gonna have to use one though because it's just that strong.
>>
>>27033431

>you have to use a mega

no
>>
Megas are a counter to overpowered knock off, me thinks.

I would remove both things as well, but I like some megas too.
>>
>>27033439
Mega Kanga is just one example
>>
>>27033452

This is either bait or you're not experienced with Pokemon battling. Either way, GLHF
>>
>>27033474
Lol, are you trying to act as if Mega Kanga isn't everywhere?
>>
File: BkzubcJCYAAWiW5.png (184 KB, 599x424) Image search: [Google]
BkzubcJCYAAWiW5.png
184 KB, 599x424
>>27033420
Thats only if you judge it based on the dress. The mega is less chunky than the base form.
>>
I have no idea why anyone hates megas. It makes no sense.
>>
>>27033387

nah I like them since they help previously meh Pokemon become pretty great.

having better stats is better than nothing even if they are over designed.
>>
>>27034101
Because they're unbalanced?
>>
>>27034224
Do you play the game? Only like two of the megas are 'unbalanced', and there are a LOT more than two. Most of them are shit anyway.
>>
I'll never understand people who hate Megas and then start looking for a reason to justify that hate. The concept is no less cartoony bullshit than anything Pokemon has ever had. Good that its finally hit you that you're a fan of a kid's franchise, but the rest of us figured this out 20 years ago.

>>27034224
I don't get why anyone would use that as a reason to dislike them considering what series we're talking about here.
>>
>>27033534
that gap
>>
>>27034101
a lot could have been normal evolutions for formes
>>
>>27033387
I fucking hate Mega Evolutions too. They only exist because GameFreak wanted to cash on nostalgia but was too pussy to make actual 4-stage evolutions.

And not even that, but treating them as alternate forms instead of actual evolutions, like they're treated and marketed as, gave them so much more room to just be fucking lazy with the designs. 50% of all megas are literally nothing but the base form with a few extra details, like M-Blastoise's extra cannons, M-Tyranitar's extra spikes, M-Sharpedo's extra yellow lines, M-Ampharos' extra hair, M-Kangaskhan having no change at all what-so-fucking-ever other than the baby exiting the mother's pouch, or M-Swampert being nothing but a buff Swampert. And a further 45% of the designs are just plain bad. Objectively bad. Just fucking look at M-Heracross and M-Lati@s. They're fucking hideous, and their megas ruined perfectly good Pokémon.

Not only that, but many megas also completely ruined many Pokémon's chance of ever being good, by fucking giving 1-stagers megas that in themselves are fucking awful in battle. Pokémon like Pinsir, Audino, Mawile and Sableye could have gotten SO much better if they were just given ordinary evolutions first. But no, GameFreak had to milk their cow and completely disregarded the consequences of completely ruining a Pokémon's future potential by locking them behind megas.

And then there's the whole thing about giving Legendaries evolutions... Fucking. Disgusting. I will never get over M-Rayquaza, M-Diancie or the TWO fucking M-Mewtwo.

Some megas have really good designs, and some are really good competitively, but the vast majority of them are just utter shit one way or another and shouldn't even exist. Mega Evolution only exists because GameFreak got greedy and wanted to reel in as much cash as possible using minimal effort in the actual product. I hope they retcon Mega Evolution in the future and redeems the existing ones as actual evolutions and form changes.
>>
I hate many things about the Megas, but I like the concept.

I hate that Mewtwo and specially Charizard have two Megas without reason. I hate the unnecesary Megas like Garchomp and Gengar (note: Gengar is my second favourite). I hate the Megas that should have been normal evolutions.

The concept is nice and innovative, but the execution, at least in XY, cannot be worse. The Megas could have use to improve Pokémon that shouldn't have a new evolution (because that not makes sense at all species) or it's impossible to get a normal evolution (Ex. Beedrill and maybe Kangaskhan) and improve unpopular designs for improve its appreciation.
>>
>>27034451
In what form of reality are M-Sableye, M-Mawile, and M-Pinsir not excellent Mega Evolutions? Audino is the only Mega Evolution you listed that is objectively terrible in most situations.

Giving Sableye a normal evolution would have meant an Eviolite + Recover set running rampant, also.
>>
File: 1454966931502.png (128 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
1454966931502.png
128 KB, 308x308
>>27034451
>>
>>27033387
I dont like them lore wise.
I hoped for something like primal evolution where all fossils became new pokemon, but this?
It's ok concept though, but I cant stand Legendaries megas. because they simply make no sense. Especialy Mewtwo.
>>
File: 1419865269442.jpg (577 KB, 1153x823) Image search: [Google]
1419865269442.jpg
577 KB, 1153x823
>>27034451
>literally nothing but the base form with a few extra details, like M-Blastoise's extra cannons

>blind people criticizing design

Every time.
>>
>>27033387
i like them but wouldnt mind to see them go desu.
>>
>>27034767
I do like many designs though. Gengar. Bedrill, Abomasnow...Even ridiculous Areodactyl and Salamance.
>>
>>27033387
I hate them. But since they're here to stay I just hope that they use the power to actually fix fucked Pokemon that will never ever be good, like

Watchog, Farfetch'd or Ledian. Instead they give it to Mewtwo and "primals" to Kyogre and groudon.
>>
A lot of them look like garbage, but then you have Pidgeot, Beedrill and Scizor.
And as for Beedrill, minmaxing its mega worked OK, but it's not going to if they bother to give certain two-stage bugs a mega. If it was confirmed that they're still open to the idea of crossevos outside of Eeveelutions I'd probably be alright with the entire idea, but so far that isn't the case.
>>
>>27034877
>I just hope that they use the power to actually fix fucked Pokemon that will never ever be good

You mean like Mawile, Sableye, Kangaskhan, Beedrill, Altaria, Charizard...
>>
>>27033387
I feel like bringing in 4th evos for certain mons would just over centralize on a the ones who got them. Like you wouldn't ever see anything but a team of 6 megas otherwise (even though I sometimes wish they were permanent).

The point of them is that they're there for die-hard fans of the species. Since you can only have one, people are going to choose the one they love the most, but it is a shame if your actual favourite doesn't have a mega. I CAN understand why they didn't make a shit ton of megas either, they were "newly" discovered for Kalos and there shouldn't be very many. Plus you have to actually have characters or fans that deserve to have the mega bond in the first place. There are some I don't get like... Beedrill, I mean fucking seriously? Who the hell ever like Beedrill. Whatever though.

Anyway I hope we get more of them, but only for the sake of you people who "hate" it. Because I cannot fathom why anyone would hate them unless their "bro" doesn't have one.
>>
>>27034937
>Who the hell ever like Beedrill
Literally any kid in school that was playing RB.
>Because I cannot fathom why anyone would hate them unless their "bro" doesn't have one.
Maybe because they got an awful one?
I don't even dislike megas, but this post is awful.
0/10 made me reply.
>>
>>27034965
I played RB the day it released? I didn't ever like beedrill.

>Maybe because they got an awful one?
Like what? Do you mean aesthetically or competitively?

Again, they're just temporary forms you don't actually have to care about. You should be happy your mon got one to begin with as some sort of way to keep it relevant.
>>
>>27033387
Some mega are really cool. Others were really unnecessary and absurdly overpowered. Will never accept Mega-Rayquaza
>>
Megas are a very good thing, but too many pokémon that didn't deserved still get one (Garchomp, Salamence for instance)
>>
>>27034965
>gen 1 consists of rock monsters, psychic yetis, dragons, and a plethora of dog and marine mons
>picks the bee
Yeah nah, that wasn't me
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.