[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get it. >walk around >catch pokemon >it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 03242016-169.jpg (50 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
03242016-169.jpg
50 KB, 578x327
I don't get it.

>walk around
>catch pokemon
>it's actually a waste of time to train pokemon, you're better off just catching a high level one and using just that
>go to a gym
>take it over
>someone else comes to the gym
>takes it over
>rinse and repeat

Why are people eating this shit up?
>>
>>27032225
I don't know. I hope there's more to it in the future. I go on long walks anyway and this just made them more interesting.
>>
>>27032225
when they release a new game, i ask myself the same question
>>
>>27032225
its mobile and its pokemon and theres no skill involved so casuals love it, no loss to you
itll be dead in a month
>>
>>27032225
It's everybody's adolescent fantasy come true: real-life Pokemon.

That's it, really.
>>
I'd like it more if they bothered to programed it so pokemon appeared locations that correlate to their individual species.
But I could see them getting in a lot of trouble to keeping Ghost pokemon in cemeteries and electric pokemon in abandoned buildings.

Anyways this whole thing is just teaching me how boring the Gen 1 roster was by today's standards. There's some good mons, sure. But on it's own, it's really lacking.
>>
The fun of the game comes from interacting with other people
>>
>>27032289
>real-life Pokemon
poke-amie was closer to that than this.
>>
>>27032289
it's not even real-life pokemon though

it's just a CG image overlaying your camera
>>
it's new and shiny and on a device they already have for daily life and F R E E
>>
>>27032308
Short of whipping some kind of mutant bio-luminescent kangaroo rats in some secret government lab, it's about as close as you're gonna get.

>>27032304
I meant more in the "go out around your neighborhood and catch wild Pokemon" sense, not in the "drag cupcakes onto your Pokemon until a heart pops up" sense.

It takes the core gameplay strips it down to practically nothing, and then inserts it into the real world.
>>
>>27032350
>Short of whipping some kind of mutant bio-luminescent kangaroo rats in some secret government lab, it's about as close as you're gonna get.

About that....

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/robots/a21716/swimming-stingray-robot-rat-cells/
>>
>>27032225
It makes walking around fun because you have something to look for.

Granted, it's bleak right now, but they should be adding more generations eventually.
>>
>>27032225
>>walk around
>>catch pokemon
>>it's actually a waste of time to train pokemon, you're better off just catching a high level one and using just that
eh im just going to catch a bunch for evolution, evolve the one with the best moves, and ill just build a "for fun" team.
>>
>>27032225
I don't get it.

>computer is literally just a screen
>people stare at it for hours on end

Why are people doing this shit?
>>
>>27032436
To take a break from actual video games.
>>
>>27032436
4chan in a nutshell.
>>
>>27032225
It's just something new and different.
Quit fun when your out and about having your phone go off and seeing what just popped up. Spotting a gym in town and seeing who or what's defending it.
>>
>>27032225
I don't get it.

>Oxygen is literally just a Chemical element
>people breathe it for hours on end

Why are people breathing this shit up?
>>
I feel like I'm the only one on this board who actually played Ingress. Actually having to go out to real locations is a level of interaction with the real world that you never see anywhere else, and it's insanely fun. The only problem was that Ingress had shit and unnecessarily complicated design, mechanics that required you to grind for a long time to be competitive in your community, and one of the worst edgy aesthetics I've ever seen. Nintendo saw the potential, scooped it up, worked out some design flaws, and branded it in a way that would ensure enough people played it for it to be fun for everyone. Yes, it feels a little like a buggy, hollow collectathon, but more than that it feels like an incredible formula for a game that's never really been attempted besides with Ingress because the technology was never there. It's everything they wanted street pass to be and more.
>>
>>27032225
You realize this is a geocaching game right? The idea is to leave off playing with your genitals and go for a walk?
>>
File: 250px-Sun_EN_boxart.png (100 KB, 250x229) Image search: [Google]
250px-Sun_EN_boxart.png
100 KB, 250x229
>>27032225
I don't get it
>walk around
>catch pokemon
>it's actually a waste of time to train pokemon, you're better off just using one to carry you and having the rest be underleveled
>go to a gym
>take it over
>go to seven more gyms
>takes them over
>beat league
>new game, 25th installment of the same formula
>buy and repeat
>bitch if a Pokémon game strays from this formula established in 1995 and JRPGs before then
>>
>>27032225
It's like Geocaching with some changes.

If you don't like that then you won't like this.
>>
>>27032286
Ingress doesn't have the pokemon autists crowd and it's still big after years.
>>
>>27033525
I've heard of people who met some strangers and ended up having a good time already because they were both after the same stop or pokemon or something at once and ran into each other

That plus all the walking people do instead of sitting around, what can you say about it that's bad. At least it makes people socialize a tiny bit and "exercise" a little
>>
>>27033529
hahaha holy fuck you're a faggot
>>
>>27032389
Yeah more pokemon is definitely the problem

... fucking moron.
>>
>>27033589
>>27033602
edgelords
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-08-04-12-12.png (509 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-08-04-12-12.png
509 KB, 1080x1920
>>27033602
>>27033589
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.