[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Salandit generation 1 possible reference?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: possible reference-1.jpg (69 KB, 553x650) Image search: [Google]
possible reference-1.jpg
69 KB, 553x650
?????

What do you think?
>>
File: MunnaReference.png (51 KB, 307x189) Image search: [Google]
MunnaReference.png
51 KB, 307x189
>>27032015
Could be. These kind of Kanto trainer text references always pop up every generation.
>>
Putty references aren't real references. But it's cool that they care about what was said in their older games anyhow.
>>
>>27032036

I see.
>>
File: %0AMunna_Reference%0A-1-1.jpg (53 KB, 525x351) Image search: [Google]
%0AMunna_Reference%0A-1-1.jpg
53 KB, 525x351
>>27032036
>>
>>27032051
I don't think this shows that they -care about what was said in their older games-, it just shows that there's a lot of dialogue to pick from, so obviously some of it's gonna fit

Besides, it's not like Salandit is the first thief pokemon either
>>
>>27032015
Don't Scraggy/Sneasel cover that already?
>>
>>27032015
gf confirmed that sometimes they throw in references to their brainstorming for future gens.

there is shitloads of pokemon ideas that have yet to see the light
>>
>>27032015
So many pokemon are thief because they can learn thief move
>>
>>27032485
>>27032036
It's been confirmed that there were many more than even 190 Pokémon designed for Generation 1, so I like to think that Munna is a design that got shitcanned during Gen 1, so a developer put that in the game as a reference to the cancelled 'mon.
>>
>>27034495
Weren't all the designs they held over back then put into Gold and Silver?

It is entirely possible that Munna simply never made it past the concept stage, though.

In any case, it's interesting to think that some of the Pokémon coming out now could very well have been in the works for a couple of generations.
>>
>>27033083
Not Scraggy, those are thug lizards that move in packs. Sneasal maybe.
>>
File: Alpha_turtle.png (91 KB, 213x163) Image search: [Google]
Alpha_turtle.png
91 KB, 213x163
>>27032015
Tirtouga was conceptualized in Gen 2.
>>
>>27035391
Maybe not all of them.

I'm sure every generation there's hundreds of designs left on the cutting room floor that get reconsidered in a later gen like Shellos and Gastrodon
>>
>>27034495
Apparently Tirtouga was going to be on Gen 2.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.