[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7
File: imgres.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Pokemon GO is the biggest disappointment in pokemon history?
>>
>>27027803
Not to me, but I didn't have crazy expectations going into it. It's fine but not amazing.
>>
>>27027803
No, because gen 6 exists.
>>
>>27027803
anon it's oras
>>
>>27027803
>Out for a little over a day
>The dust has settled

You're too autistic to handle a mobile game, anon. How tragic.
>>
>>27027803
Yes, and it's lead to reddit and facebook invading this board.
>>
>>27027913
this. i hate this board
>>
I wouldn't say it's the worst since we have no battle frontier in ORAS and the shit that was the postgame of XY, but it's up there for sure if you live in a shitty area with no spots.
>>
I would have been thrilled if they just kept the mechanics that have worked since the fucking 90's and just added the GPS and AR mechanics. Nobody asked for an Ingress reskin, because other than a few new mechanics that's what it is, and it's unfortunate.
>>
>>27027913
No it hasn't you dumb cunt. It's just lead to casuals from other 4chan boards coming here. Fuck off with your reddit boogieman shit
>>
>>27027803
it's not great but once they fix everything wrong with it it will be a solid mobile game
>>
>>27027967
> facebook detected
go back to facebook faggot
>>
>>27027887
You're way too new to be posting here
>>
>>27027967
>implying /vp/ wasn't a casual scum normalfag board since the days of gen V leaks
>>
>>27027997
Well memed friend
>>
>>27028006
>Implying it wasn't a normalfag board a couple years after 4chan began.
>>
>>27027803
No, the dust has not settled yet, we latinfags aren't even able to play it.
>>
>>27028034
>/vp/
>a couple years after 4chan began
Congrats, you've just outed yourself as being new. Now go back to the subreddit you came from.
>>
I literally expected nothing and got an OK timewaster out of it.
>>
I am less normal than ALL OF YOU
>>
>>27027803
You spelt Pokemon Bank wrong, anon
>>
>>27028089
Ebin :DD
>>
File: mad pepe2.jpg (4 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
mad pepe2.jpg
4 KB, 242x208
>>27027803
This is literally the only mobile game in history to have hype. They should've added more of a chance to catch pokes because i'm getting jack shit. Also the feature where you can see what pokemon are near you is broken for me. Either it's that, or i'm just in a shitty area. Haven't caught anything WITHOUT incense.
>>
>>27027997
Facebook.
>>
>>27027803
It's needed to have your expectations broken to feel any disappointment. We expected nothing special out of GO, and nothing special we got.
The biggest disappointment is ORAS for sure.
>>
>>27028063
>>27027999
You're projecting real fuckin' hard, buddy.
>>
>>27028300
>baby's first damage control post
>>
>>27027913
This
As a prove, I never posted in this board before today, GO is the only thing I care about here
>>
You gotta be a fucking loser to think GO is lame.

I just got home after walking around town for three fucking hours. I'm exhausted but it was so much fun.
>>
File: 77tP1ck.jpg (155 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
77tP1ck.jpg
155 KB, 1136x640
It's more a marketing tool than anything. It's free.

See: Fallout Shelter
>>
In LA area keep getting unable to find location. Gps is at its highest, there is nothing around and no pokemon. What's going on? I'm getting nothing here also incense is the only item I can use, but it doesn't activate it seems and keeps staying at 2 incense in my inventory. What's Goin on
>>
>>27028450
I'm in LA and i've caught over 30 pokemon. I also ride the bus from West LA to South Central so that helps.
>>
>>27028468
Just caught an aerodactyl in mar vista. So far the game is fun.
>>
>>27027803

Yes. It is.
>>
>>27027803
why i cant see pokemon go on play store
>>
File: facepalm1.jpg (45 KB, 400x292) Image search: [Google]
facepalm1.jpg
45 KB, 400x292
If you were expecting something as solid as a mainline game or something else, then you need to kill yourself asap, because you're fucking retarded
>>
Are you just mad because you'd have to go outside? I'm having fun.
>>
>>27028550
>Ironic false flag

When I think people can't come up with new forms of shitposting
>>
If I post in here will someone call me a newfag?
>>
>>27028468
I went around a park and nothing even near me, I think something is wrong with mine.
>>
>>27027803
I guess most of us called it. Some people are riding the hype now, pretending GO isn't shit, but this will fade on a month or two.
>>
>>27028835
fuck off oldfag
>>
It's fun, but I can't imagine playing this in a rural area. Living in NYC means I see people everywhere walking around catching Pokemon, have Pokestops every 2 minutes, and meet a lot of qt Asian high schoolers. Already got 3 numbers and this game just fucking came out. Too bad age of consent in NYC is 17, this one 15 year old is really cute and keeps skyping me.
>>
>>27029414
I'm in a rural area and I met a cute girl who I found out lives in my neighborhood. It's not so bad in terms of Pokestops and gyms, I just need to keep it open when I go to school and into more commercial areas
>>
>>27028300
Nice damage control, kid.
>>
>>27027803
It was a letdown the second it was announced.
>>
Honestly, my biggest gripe is the lack of social element. All my friends are interested/playing this, but there's no way to see what they caught, what gyms they have, or even interact through trades or battles. The social element is regulated strictly to leaving an AI clone at certain landmarks.

In an age where every phone is connected to SOME social network or has SOME way of interacting with others (literally your phone's one job), this seems kind of puzzling. I can understand keeping capturing/battles/stats basic, but without any way to play with/against others, this thing will be dead in a month.
>>
I enjoy it. Fun to catch pokemon on the way to class. I'm lucky to be on a campus because I've got 11 gyms and countless pokestops to visit.
>>
>>27027803
>disappointment
No, since it's exactly what I expected. Go around and catch Pokemon
>>
>>27028546
not him but I would really like to have trading and battling other trainers
not really that hard to implement imo
don't' get me wrong though I'm enjoying the game
>>
>trainer club servers aren't up yet, down for over 24 hours
RRREEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27027803
Yes, normie garbage.
>>
File: 1464272376654.jpg (34 KB, 406x284) Image search: [Google]
1464272376654.jpg
34 KB, 406x284
>>27027803
You are an idiot.

Not everything is going to be what you want it to be. And not everything that is casual and mainstream is bad.
>>
>>27027803
pokemon has 20 years in the making
and niantic thought they could reinvent it so
they just took their old shit game and gave it a pokemon flavor
it's not a pokemon game
>>
>>27027803
It's free you fucking autist. Bask in the Jewish delight and download that shit.
>>
>finally hatch my 5k egg
>it's a tentacool

I guess it's a new dex entry
>>
But it's free.
>>
Nope.
Gen 6 exists.

At least this game doesn't hand you a fucking legendary before you reach level 5.
>>
File: 1460083680596.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460083680596.gif
2 MB, 400x400
>tfw I'm loving this game and so are my friends and gf
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.