[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Perfect new Pokemon designs >Amazing art direction >Comfy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: jy99hPDZ.jpg (7 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
jy99hPDZ.jpg
7 KB, 240x240
>Perfect new Pokemon designs
>Amazing art direction
>Comfy Hawaiian region
>Top tier abilities
>Dropped grid movement
>Trainers behind their Pokemon
>The UI
>Promising story

How can GF possibly fuck these games up?
>>
>>27021367
Litten becomes Fire/Fighting
>>
>>27021367
But the UI sucks
>>
File: 1380545034467.png (16 KB, 670x543) Image search: [Google]
1380545034467.png
16 KB, 670x543
>>27021420
You say it like it's a bad thing
>>
>>27021367
>Comfy Hawaiian region
Really looking forward to this. Hopefully the soundtrack has some nice comfy feels as well
>>
The music is terrible
>>
>>27021367
>tempting fate
OP NO
>>
/vp/ is gonna hate SM.

I can't wait.
>>
>>27021367
XY tier difficulty
>>
NO POSTGAME
>>
By making them easier
>>
>>27021367
They won't, but /vp/ will complain anyways. Good thing I'm only coming here during leak season and probably won't be back for a year. I'm expecting the board to be long gone before that though.
>>
No Mega Flygon
>>
>>27021591
This is all I can think of. I enjoyed Delta Episode, but ORAS were pitiful in terms of post-game. Just give me shit to do when I'm finished, grinding the Pokedex is only fun for so long.
>>
>>27021367
>>>>>>Perfect new Pokemon designs
They could shit colors on a piece of paper and you would call it "creative" or "unique".
>>
>>27021367
>>Perfect new Pokemon designs
>there are only 50 of them out of 500+ pokémon in the regional dex
>most of them are the only new pokémon in their area and have an absurdly low encounter rate

There, I Game Freak'd it.
>>
easier than XY
>>
>>27021641
Fucking this.
The minute these games break street date and the leaks start pouring out; "hurr pre order fucking cancelled". The hate bandwagon will be atrocious this time around, all because of Gen 6
>>
>>27021367
>Low amount of new Pokemon
>Weak plot
>Shit villains with shit motivations
>Zygarde shilling
>Synchronization bullshit
>>
>>27021367
Even if GF doesn't fuck up, there is no way the games will live up to the hype and high expectations (especially /vp/'s expectations)

So even if the games end up being actually good, many people will be dissapointed.
>>
>>27021735
This, but if I'm being honest, I'm keeping my exceptions down after how fucking hard ORAS burned me.
>>
>>27021564
/vp/ hates all Pokemon games. It's to thepoint sometimes where I wonder if people here actually even play Pokemon.
>>
>>27021367
The art direction for the humans is terrible in this generation. The characters revealed so far look pretty bland. Gens IV and VI had the best character designs IMO.
>>
>>27021515
>>
>>27021949
Fuck, I meant to say V.
VI is not very good either.
>>
>>27021725
And that would be bad how? I always here people complain about how easy Pokemon is, but are you seriously playing expecting a hard game? Especially in this day and age? All kids games are easy now. Or are you playing for the wonderfully crafted story? Because honestly the only reason to play Pokemon now is for the online interactions, especially post game online interactions as you have access to more mons and moves.
>>
>How can a subsidiary of Nintendo fuck up anything?
I'm looking forward to them, but keeping my hopes relatively low. Looking forward to the new Pokemon and region for sure, but post game I'm not expecting too much, as well as nothing that would probably keep my interest past 120+ hours or so.
>>
>>27021367
>Promising story
wew lad
>>
>>27021591
This is going to make or break it for me. I'm still silently hoping for a Johto-style post-game where you get to go back to another region. I hope it's Unova.
>>
>>27022050
This. Pokemon will never have an actually good story. And fuck off with gen 5. The shiniest shit is still a turd.
>>
>>27021442
The battle UI looks leagues better than it has in the past. All the buttons are accessible with your thumbs, now.

>>27021367
I'm just hoping they don't go overboard with the Hawaiian theme. Johto or Unova levels of regional theming is about right, but not Kalos levels. They're kind of coming off as heavy-handed with the theme right now, so I hope they distance the region more from the real world location.
>>
>>27022050
Only said that because it seems like the lore for the legendary Pokemon and the guardian deities seem to be ACTUAL focal points and are given more attention this time around.
Oh and we're fighting the box mascots in a "sky pillar" type location, rather than a shitty HQ after we're given horrible context and back story and little to no build up to their actual fucking battle
>>
>>27021367
>Perfect new Pokemon designs
What a shit taste.
>>
>>27022181
So what's your favorite Pokemon, anon
>>
>>27022154
It won't happen. The whole place is filled with Hawaii. Even "Alola" is just one letter away from being "Aloha". It's another thing that I dislike about this.
>>
>>27021367
Giving genies new abilities
>>
>>27022312
Hoping for huge power Lando-T
>>
>>27022282
trubbish
>>
>>27022001
I play Pokemon mostly for the story and setting.
It's boring to JUST play it for the online. For me anyway.
I don't think Pokemon is TOO easy as it is right now. Just easier than it was.
Wasn't most of the difficulty in ORAS the same though?
Same trainers, Pokemon, moves, etc.
>>
The games already look better than XY and ORAS, so I'm cautiously optimistic. However, this legitimately might be my final generation if I end up enjoying Sun/Moon as much as I did XYORAS, which is not a lot at all. I feel like I might be outgrowing the series at last, and that Game Freak are going after a different audience than the original players/fans. So, we'll see.
>>
People said the same shit about XY due to equally worthless shit like being able to sit on benches
>>
>>27022362
>People = everyone
>>
File: carlos_oh_shit.jpg (60 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
carlos_oh_shit.jpg
60 KB, 960x544
>>27022355
>I play Pokemon mostly for the story
>>
>>27021367
>perfect new pokemon designs

LMFAO no
Worst fucking designs
>>
>>27021928
>>27021735
>>27021641
>>27021564
>people criticized ORAS and some minor aspects of XY
>durr veepee haets pokemon i'm so butthurt you guis
Thanks for letting us know. Great shitposting, really.
>>
File: No anon.png (29 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
No anon.png
29 KB, 600x330
>>27022483
But.. like... imagine if these came out in gen 1 or 2 in the original water colour artwork.

I'm sorry anon but you would be all over them.
These are some of the most organic gen 1 like designs we've had in ages, bar Magearnea.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.