[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rotom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Rotom_All.png (245 KB, 673x529) Image search: [Google]
Rotom_All.png
245 KB, 673x529
What went wrong?
>>
>>27020368
Levitate Rotom-Fan.

Levitate Rotom-Fan with an Air Baloon as a common random pokemon on showdown.
>>
File: 1464886176656.jpg (29 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1464886176656.jpg
29 KB, 400x240
1-the ability doesn't change
2-no hurricane on fan rotom
3-can't use the best form in battle.
>>
>Levitate on Rotom-Fan
>Rotom being the only Ghost/Electric,Fire/Electric,Grass/Electric and Ice/Electric pokémon.
>>
>>27020478
the ability changing would be inconsistent. Heat and Wash love having Levitate, Cut can probably take it or leave it. It doesn't make sense for 2 forms to have the same ability and then for some of the other forms to change.

You're right in that they should've at least changed Fan's ability, though

Also
>No Electric/Dragon or Electric/Fairy Dildo Rotom

it's like they don't want our money
>>
File: 479.jpg (158 KB, 550x820) Image search: [Google]
479.jpg
158 KB, 550x820
>Electric/Steel - Rotom-RC Car
>Electric/Normal - Rotom-Radio
>Electric/Fighting - Rotom-Arcade Machine
>Electric/Poison - Rotom-Garbage Disposal
>Electric/Ground - Rotom-Cement Mixer
>Electric/Rock - Rotom-Jackhammer
>Electric/Bug - Rotom-Bugzapper
>Electric/Psychic - Rotom-Laptop
>Electric/Dragon - Rotom-Dildo
>Electric/Dark - Rotom-Blacklight
>Electric/Fairy - Rotom-Talking Doll
>>
Not being able to use the forms in single player. Recently played Platinum and being unable to use the forms sucked
>>
It just needs more forms honestly. I love the concept behind Rotom and I'd like to see more.
>>
>>27020368
I was hoping that maybe like eevee, they would add more forms as the series go on. I was hyped for a hot second when Rotom showed up for the SM trailer
>>
Rotom-W is cancer in competitive.
>>
>>27020800
false desu
>>
>>27020800
>A Pokemon with perfect balance of typing, ability, stat spread, and moveset, making it viable in the face of overpowered legendaries and gimmickmons.
Anon, you are wrong.
>>
Not much, really. I like how the forms are spread across the tiers.
I do wish vanilla Rotom had more of a purpose though.
>>
>>27021001
I have to side here. OU has few enough "good" pokemon that I can count them on my hands, and Rotom-W is one of them. In a tier defined by gimmick sets and ubers too shitty to actually be in ubers, Rotom is one of the very few I consider an actual OU pokemon.
>>
>>27021071
>>27021071
give me 5 examples of "good" OU pokemon and 10 of "gimmick shitmons"
>>
>>27021229
Rotom-Wash
Garchomp
Gengar
Starmie
Scizor

Each one of these mons can run a variety of sets, because they draw on a diverse pool of strengths. They would still be OU if you took any one of their tricks away, because they'd just do something else.

Gimmick Shitmons:
Smogonbird
Bellydrum Azumaril
Unaware Clefable
Paraflinch Jirachi
Prankster Klefki
Contrary Serperior
Tail Glow Manaphy
Poison Heal Gliscor
Unburden Hawlucha
Arialate Mega-Pinsir
None of these mons are OU if you take their precious from them. Some of them can't even pull UU without their gimmick.
>>
>>27021508
Clefable and Gliscor can run multiple sets, though. Also, I've heard of Choice Band Azumarill but don't know if it's good.

(>>27020800 I posted this because I hated dealing with him in gen V, I always felt annoyed by the way he plays, and I only ever saw Pain Split/Will-O-Wisp/Hydro Pump/Thunder Wave. He was also on a majority of teams so I hated dealing with him.)
>>
File: rotom_kitchen_by_yellowpin.jpg (250 KB, 900x576) Image search: [Google]
rotom_kitchen_by_yellowpin.jpg
250 KB, 900x576
This is now a Rotom fan art thread.
>>
>>27021644
>>
File: 2i99xy.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
2i99xy.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
>>27021662
>>
>>27021684
>>
>>27020368

No steel-type car form with Speed Boost
>>
File: tumblr_n02oxrFtqx1r87sejo4_1280.jpg (167 KB, 609x551) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n02oxrFtqx1r87sejo4_1280.jpg
167 KB, 609x551
>>27021708
>>
>>27021508
>>27021508
I don't see your point.
Yeah, Azumarill and Serperior become worse if you take away its ability the same way Scizor becomes worse if you take away it's Bullet Punch or Starmie becomes shit if you take away it's two great abilities, or either become worse if you take away their options for recovery or removing entry hazards.

But we don't play some hypothetical version of the game where features are arbitrarily removed from pokemon
>>
>>27021768
But they don't rely on any of that. The point was that they aren't a pile of shit propped up on one overpowered leg. They are gimmicky shitmons because if they can't use their gimmick, they are shit.

Also, Starmie's TWO great abilities? Two? Natural Cure is all-right, but... Illuminate or Analytic? really?
>>
>>27021879
you know that analytic is basically stakeout, right?
>>
>>27020604
Really clever choices for normal and Fairy. Those always got me stuck.
>>
>>27020613
You can do it in HGSS without the item thing at least
>>
>>27021879
Azumarill is fine without Belly Drum. Worse, but far from a shitmon.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.