[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what's /vp/'s general opinion on Pokemon Go?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 740x1297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 740x1297
So, what's /vp/'s general opinion on Pokemon Go?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160707-112927.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160707-112927.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Same as yours
>>
>>27018850
Fuck off
>>
File: image.png (762 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
762 KB, 640x1136
Same
>>
I got in.
With an empty map.
>>
File: image.png (1006 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1006 KB, 750x1334
I think we're in the same boat
>>
>>27018850
Fun game to go out with friends and catch mons, not very deep though...
>>
>>27018906
R E G I O N L O C K
E
G
I
LOCK
N
>>
I'd have an opinion if I could fucking play it, damn servers
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-23-58-41.png (244 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-23-58-41.png
244 KB, 480x800
Reminder that the game is version 0.29.0

I'll reserve judgement for 1.0
>>
Is this a world wide problem? I'm in the EU and thought it was maybe limited to places where it isn't officially available.
>>
>>27018923
>>27018883
Now did you guys get past the tutorial at all?

Mine is stuck because the mons are unresponsive.
>>
>>27019044
turn on your gps
>>
>>27018990
And you know people would be bitching just as much if they delayed the game instead of releasing it in subpar state.
>>
>>27018850
kinda boring, a bit too easy?
idk I suppose it's ok for being free though.
>>
>>27018850

I got my Pokemon Trainer Club account to work and login after about 40 attempts (same info, i knew my username/password) got to level 4 despite regular crashes, but now, I cant login with my PTC login anymore, and the servers are down.

Theres just so many bugs in this game, and it's core mechanics are barely functioning consistently. If the app wasn't functioning yet, it should not have been released.
>>
>>27019066
Didn't even know mine was off; thought it was automatic with data. Apparently turned it off earlier.

It's >>27018850 >>27018865 >>27018883 >>27018923 now. So much nicer. Thank you.
>>
>>27019183
Seemed to log in and still can't catch the starters. Tap anywhere else on the screen and it lights up. Tap the actual starters, nothing. How did you guys do it, just tapping?

This really is too fucking buggy. They should've waited longer.
>>
>tfw walked 17km in two days

It's fun, and certainly gets me off my ass.
>>
>>27018850
I look like a weirdo doing it, but it's fun. I caught a Bulbasaur in my home and a Weedle and Spearow in my front yard. I started to walk down the street but I couldn't find any more
>>
Is anyone else having this issue where you try to log in, and then it looks like it's loading but then it just disappears and does nothing?

I'm on Android.
>>
File: 1306428720501s.jpg (2 KB, 100x126) Image search: [Google]
1306428720501s.jpg
2 KB, 100x126
>>27019532
I get the impression that a lot of the people getting stability issues are on Android. There are so many different phones (running different hardware and software) and different Android firmware that it's possible that the game can't properly run on all of them without issues
>>
seems unfinished and less like a pokemon game and more like ingress with some genwun stamped on it desu
>>
The farthest I got is at the trainer customization, then it got stuck there and now same as
>>27018850
>>27018865
>>27018883
>>27018923
>>
>>27019562

I've got my old Galaxy S4 and it runs fine except for "server is experiencing difficulties" half the time
>>
File: Annoyed Pika.png (264 KB, 712x400) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Pika.png
264 KB, 712x400
Guys, I got it, this is what we do:
we tweet the following people

@Junichi_Masuda @Pokemon @NintendoAmerica @NianticLabs

and post something like "fix your app"

>>27019562
Then why do almost all other games work fine on my tablet? Pokemon is the BIGGEST glitched out problematic game I've EVER played before
>>
>>27019610
>Then why do almost all other games work fine on my tablet?

Probably because there isn't enough server power to run the game since they tried to do a planned rolling release across different countries and they didn't anticipate the tens of thousands of hype people who got the app before the official release
>>
>>27019562
I get what you're saying, but it's weird because I'm running the game on my Galaxy Note 4 and it was working perfectly last night. Today, all of a sudden, I try to log in, and it shows that it's loading to log in but then it just stops and shows me the login screen again with no message or anything.

I really don't understand what these retards were thinking. I feel like I'm beta testing and not playing the general release. This game is far from stable and I can imagine that it's going to be like this for a while, particularly given how diverse Androids are.
>>
>>27019646
It's fucking Pokemon. They know how big their franchise and their fans are when it comes to this. They know what they got themselves into and if they don't fix it soon, people will drop all respect for them
>>
>>27018850
>live in the boonies
>want to play pokemon go
>catch a charmander in my bathroom as i start the game up
>then can't find anything within a mile of my house
>drive to a moderately populated town for lunch
>find like 20 pokemon
guess im not ever gonna get any pokemon near my house. lame.
>>
>>27019727
The whole basis of the game is that you actually explore new places to find new Pokemon, meaning you actually have to move around.

Take a bike, go on a day trip, move your lazy ass.
>>
It's pretty fun for what it is. But it seems like it might get stale after a while unless they add more depth to the gameplay. Also too many bugs. 1 in 3 gym battles had the last pokémon as invincible.
>>
Will riding a bike help with egg hatching?
>>
>>27019784
Yes, I think so. You're supposed to move x km to hatch eggs, so you could hop on your bike to make it quicker?
>>
>>27019784
Yes, unless you go really fast.
>>
This game is absolute cancer. The only reason it exists is so that neckbeard cucks can imagine themselves as pokemon trainers while they're actually just working minimum wage. You can find these men clogging up public restrooms looking retarded, tapping their phone screens, and shouting "I caught a picaghhvhuuu ahahahah".
>>
Do you guys think it's better to use a Google account for your game progress, or a Pokemon Trainer Club account?

I was thinking the latter because it's more 'appropriate', but it doesn't let me log in at all.

This sucks. I want to play.
>>
>>27019930
I recommend suicide.
>>
>>27019870
heres your (you)

In all reality I hope this helps a bunch of pokemon get in better shape.
>>
>>27019930
Google account here; don't remember the PTC account I made to login to Dream World five years ago.

Still can't play because >>27019261, but I seem to be the only one with this problem.
>>
>>27019962
How do pokemon get in shape
>>
>>27019984
>>27019870

fans*
>>
>>27019768
i get that, but cmon, 2 mile radius around my house that there's no pokemon? it's not like im staying on the same acre hoping one will show up
>>
>>27018850
I love it, but they need to fix the servers, I'm gonna cry ;(
>>
>>27020029
Well, not everyone is going to be as advantaged as the other when it comes to finding new pokemon by default. Areas will differ, and that realization should be enough of a reason for you to grab your bike or something to go explore around. I would, at least. Just a thought, depending on how you look at it.
>>
>>27019532
>>27019690
Update: I tried to log in, and I'm getting a message back this time saying "Unable to authenticate. Please try again."

What the fuck.
>>
>>27019532
>>27019690
>>27020148
Scratch that. Looks like this issue is because of a server overload. I'm stupid -- I should have just looked it up before whining. God damn, they seriously didn't anticipate this? Lame.
>>
>>27019784
Probably. I put some eggs in the incubator when I go for runs. Hatch everything like a motherfucker.
>>
>actually got in
>had time to catch one oddish before servers shat themselves again

Other than that, good fun
>>
>>27018850

Love when I use an incense and the game freezes or loses connection to the server for the duration of the item.

Also love how when I capture a pokemon it freezes and I don't catch the pokemon.

Also... fuck this, I'm deleting this game.
>>
Buggy and slow as hell.

Might be fun if they ever fix it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-07-14-47-12.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-07-14-47-12.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
This shit triggers me every time
>>
It's alright when it works. Sucks that My neighbourhood has shitty Pokemon. Have to travel pretty far to avoid Drowzees and Jynx for a little diversity.
>>
My opinion? Powerbanks are gonna have a massive boost in sales.

This shit drains battery like those kanebo leather wipes.
>>
I think it's fun.

Who /4gyms/ here?
>>
>>27020407
My battery is fine lol
>>
>>27020366
Same problem minus Jynx. Why are there so many Drowzee in my city?
>>
>>27020425
>tfw control every gym in my town without challenge

I don't know if I should be happy or sad. I get a ton of free shit and I get to be the boss.

But it also means my area is insanely inactive.
>>
>>27020463
practically every gym but the one near my apartment is taken so I had to fight my way to control over three fourths of 'em.There are still a bunch more gyms in my area that I need to conquer.

it's good to live in a big city
>>
>Go to grocery store
>Catch a mankey in the parking lot.
Yay!

>still only level 2
Fuck!

>Decide to go to a nearby restaurant because it has two pokestops.
>Waiting for freebies to load (never happened cause the network crashed).
>While I'm waiting another car pulls into the parking lot with a person looking at their phone.
>Yet another car slowly drives by, two people in it both looking at their phones.
>A person walking around the building looking at their phone.
Holy shit...this game is popular as fuck.
>>
>>27018850
Played a ton last night, had fun but they do need to fix this server shit.
>>
>>27020631
I was at a park with a gym in it last night around 1:30 AM, and there were four people walking around catching pokemon. They weren't even nerds or anything, just totally normal people playing the game, kinda cool.
>>
>>27018850
Already bored of it. Went to catch some Pokemans with two friends last night and that was kinda interesting. Today went with one to the park to catch some more and we got bored halfway through and decided to play football. Haven't touched the app since.

I wish there was a way to trade. I also wish the battle system was completely different and that you could actually battle your friends but that would take an entire re-work of the game which won't happen.

Honestly I see the normies getting bored of this game in a week.
>>
>>27018850
It's great when it's actually working, my roommate and I walked around for about 2 hours last night visiting monuments/catching pokemon and just having a fantastic time out and about.

The server issues suck, though. Especially for trainer club people.
>>
>>27020757
>I was at a park with a gym in it last night around 1:30 AM, and there were four people walking around catching pokemon. They weren't even nerds or anything, just totally normal people playing the game, kinda cool.
Yeah it was surprising, with the exception of the person walking (obviously because they either couldn't afford a car or were too young) the others looked pretty normal.

That and just about everyone I know is playing it as well.

...Now i just wish the servers didn't crash so I could've farmed two pokestops.

You'd think they'd be wise to the demand by now
>Pokemon TCG comes out
>Entire states sold out

>pokemon video games come out
>massive demand

>pokemon smartphone app comes
out
>servers not ready to handle the load
COME ON YOU FUCKS! GET IT TOGETHER!

If they were smart though, they'd put pokestops in the polling places for the election. Might get more people to vote that way.
>>
>>27020823
I figure they'll adjust their servers accordingly over the next few days, just gonna have to be a bit patient. Sucks, but the game is free, so it's not like anyone loosing out on an investment right now.
>>
>>27020773
>we got bored halfway through and decided to play football

you're literally 15, 4chan is 18+
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
can't wait to get off work and take all this shit nearby
>>
>>27020869
>I figure they'll adjust their servers accordingly over the next few days, just gonna have to be a bit patient
yeah, im' trying not to let this game take over my life. probably a good thing it's down so much, lol.

> Sucks, but the game is free, so it's not like anyone loosing out on an investment right now.
Christ, if anyone is spending money on the game at this point they're insane...

Wait for it it get the bugs out and start hearing some feedback before dumping cash...

>>27020902
That's what a local mall looked like. but with servers the way they are, I'm going to wait before checking the place out.
>>
>>27019930
If you want to use an acc for both, Pokemon TCG is a good game imo other than that it's your choice. Considering that most shit on your phone uses google to log in, it's the lazyman option
>>
How unfinished is the game?
Because right now it doesn't feel like something a major videogame company would release
>>
>>27020950
Clearly something that will recieve updates in the near future, but even as is, it's pretty fun. You know, when it works.
>>
>>27020970
Yeah, it is fun, but I can't see someone playing it for more than two weeks.
>>
>>27021022
The heart of the game is in fighting over gyms, more than anything else. It's yet to be seen if the mechanics lend themselves to lastibility on that front.
>>
>>27020950
We should all know that they did this shit on purpose, it's an app so of course they will send out a lot more shit to go with it. Pokemon X/Y was around 4 gbs I believe
>>
>>27021022

I see it being fun for the average person that actually travels or exercise by going on bike rides or walks. I don't see it staying fun for half of 4chan who would rather stay inside and shitpost
>>
>>27020950
>No trading
>No battles
>Gen 1 only
>No character customization beyond the initial creation screen

It's an open beta at best.
>>
>>27021385
Daily reminder that Nintendo doesn't want this to replace the mainline series, so battles and all the pokemon may never come.
>>
>>27018990
>Berretta
Nice. I'm going to see so fucking many of these photos.
>>
>>27019068
Honestly, it would better if they did that and said it wasn't ready. I don't get why they basically sent out an unfinished game :/
>>
>>27021421
>Daily reminder that Nintendo doesn't want this to replace the mainline series
I'll never understand Nintendo.

they could make a pokemon MMORPG (World of Pokemon?) and everyone on the planet would play it.
>>
>>27021838
They still want to stay in the console business, when you consider that some choices start making more sense. Though, it's hard to say exactly where they're going now that Iwata is gone.
>>
>no Argentina servers
I guess the closest thing I can do is pretend every girl here is a Jynx.
>>
Can you catch Pokemon just by sitting still or do you have to be moving to encounter them?
>>
What happens when you
Power up enough to reach the end of the CP arch
>>
>Having an old phone
>Wanting to play it
>/Vp/ gets boring to me,since most of the threads are about Pokemon Go!
>yay
>>
>>27019930
I haven't been able to log into my PTC account all day. Started a new Google account and I'll most likely catch up with the main account tomorrow.
>>
>>27025747
Then you can't increase
It unless you can evolve
>>
Anyone know if shinies are available in Pokémon GO
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.