[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The Pokémon games I grew up with are objectively the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
"The Pokémon games I grew up with are objectively the best! Anything older or newer than them is absolute shit, and you aren't allowed to have your own opinion, k?"

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO5jJ7ICYtc
>>
My God this reeks of 2011~2012. Everything about this is awful.
>>
>>26998075
It's from back when people loved BW and did anything to defend it from genwunners and /vp/ seems stuck in that era and, ironically, makes the same criticisms about pre-Gen IV/post-Gen V games
>>
That period where snivy had that weird cult of personality on /vp/ was awful
>>
Why was Gen V so perfect?
>>
>>26998042
>Commander Douche
ALL OF THE DAY BRO
>>
>>26998154
>HAHAHA
God i haven't watched those videos in so long
>>
>>26998143
It's kinda funny. The video applies to Genwunners, and was necessary at the time to defend the brand-new and then-amazing Gen V against their vicious nostalgiafagging.

Now XY's genwun pandering has made the genwunners complacent, and taking their place are the former victimized Unovababbies who go out of their way to bash XY, ORAS and Gen I.

In other words, the prey is now the hunter.
>>
>>26998093
Yes, exactly, which is why I really dislike gen V. Some of the worst fanbase pokémon ever created.
>>
>>26998182
It's really sad. I was part of the Gen V fanbase and back then, we have to withstand the vicious onslaught of genwunners on ebin maymay sites like 9gag and YouTube, even though I still had nothing but respect and love for Gen I at the time. Now we have >>26998171; the formerly "oppressed" Unova fans have become as vicious as the genwunners themselves and are flooding some communities such as this board.
>>
File: 1456629815292.png (104 KB, 258x248) Image search: [Google]
1456629815292.png
104 KB, 258x248
Jesus, you people love to make this genwar shitposting seem like a political affair.
>>
>>26998171
>>26998182
>>26998212
so in other words
>gen V come out
>genwunners attack it
>unovababies defend it
>XY come out
>genwunners are happy because gamefreak is pandering to them
>unovababies now attack XY because they pander to genwunners

is this pretty much the story ?
>>
>>26998268
Yep.
>>
>>26998268
It's just a shit game in general, even worse than gen 5. They at least had postgame
>>
>>26998171
X and Y was good until the later half of the game, where it feels rushed. The pokemon designs (and trainer designs) are great but sadly there is not enough new pokemon nor a post-game for me to really like the game despite getting more playtime out of it than BW/BW2 (which I admittedly enjoyed the maingame much better although didn't like the post-games in those either). Too much time spent on megas and remodeling pokemon for 3D I guess. I'm sure Sun and Moon will be great though. The region already seems much better.
>>
>>26998042

I love gen 2

I have a soft spot for the Pokemon and the region

I also love how gen 4 gave the majority new evo's

But, I can still accept how massively flawed johto is as it's own gen, it's basically Kanto 1.5 and the wild Pokemon are some of the worst pieces of shit I have ever seen
>>
>>26998042
I miss the Gen V leaks period , much better than roothoot and other shitty forced memes
>>
>>26998182
>I dislike games because of their fanbase

You are pathetic
>>
>>27002254
You're in a pokemon board, we all are.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.