[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VGC 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1467762847960.png (450 KB, 795x903) Image search: [Google]
1467762847960.png
450 KB, 795x903
>VGC 2014 had a fantastic open metagame where nobody was pigeonholed into using the exact same pokemon in the exact same strategy
>VGC 2014 had a huge banlist

>VGC 2015 was absolute shit and almost every single fucking team at worlds had the same four pokemon, plus one of three fire types
>VGC 2015 had a much smaller banlist so there was barely any balance

How non-functioning of a complete goddamned retard do you have to be to look at the difference between 2014 and 2015 and say to yourself "Yeah, no, clearly what we need to do is make the fucking banlist SMALLER."
>Primal Groudon is at 92% usage on Battle Spot
>Ninety fucking two percent of all teams on Battle Spot use this fucking Pokemon
>0.0064% of all matches on Battle Spot don't have Primal Groudon on either team
>99.9936% of all matches have Primal Groudon on at least one team
>Only one in 15000 matches doesn't have Primal Groudon
W H Y
H
Y
>>
>>26997939
Every team:
Smogonmom
Smogondragon
Smogondino
Smogondeer
Smogonbird
Smogonpainter
>>
>>26997939
Primal Groudon is fucking phenomenal, absolutely no reason not to use it for ladder play.
In tournament play it's obviously still fantastic but there still remains plenty of viable archetypes built around the following restricted duos: Groudon-Xerneas, Groudon-Kyogre, Groudon-Yveltal, Groudon-Rayquaza, Kyogre-Rayquaza and Rayquaza-Xerneas. Also you'll see the occasional Kyogre-Xerneas, Kyogre-Yveltal and Groudon-KyuremW but they're not really as good.
>>
>>26997970
>Smogonx
>Banned from OU
>>
File: charizard-x.png (198 KB, 961x831) Image search: [Google]
charizard-x.png
198 KB, 961x831
>>26998012
I like Primal Groudon a lot anyway, but Edgyzard X is my favorite Pokémon. Do the two have any synergy in Battle Spot Doubles?
>>
File: Cj5RXs0XIAAyeXz.jpg (287 KB, 1040x1458) Image search: [Google]
Cj5RXs0XIAAyeXz.jpg
287 KB, 1040x1458
First year playing competitively, huh?
>>
>>26997939
Finally a reasonable anon

Its not because of a limited ruleset its because oras is shit

The introduction of mega salamence and the hyper voice tutors completally threw off the metagame imo

Either way 15 and 16 were shit
>>
>>26997939
Wait, wait, what?
>Mega Fug is allowed
>only 1 team used him and got 6th place

What gives?
>>
File: aa453455380540.png (58 KB, 618x461) Image search: [Google]
aa453455380540.png
58 KB, 618x461
7 Mega-Kanga
5 Mega-Mence
7 P-Groudons
6 Xerneas
7 Talonflames
5 fucking cancerous Smeargles who probably all have Dark Void

fuck VGC16

fuck it to hell
>>
>>26998141
because in Doubles it struggles from being gangbanged by both opponents
>>
>>26998019
Well then:

VGCmom
VGCdragon
VGCdino
VGCdeer
VGCpainter
With special guest star Smogonbird
>>
>>26998141
Not that great in doubles as all it's super high powered attacks are single-target. Groudon, Kyogre and Xern (to an extent) all have powe4rful spread attacks so are better in general.
Rayquaza is atcually used, with Kyogre, for air lock so it can cancel out Primal Groudon's Desolate Land and let Kyogre kill it. Obviously other mons get Cloud nine to do a similar job but none are other wise as generally powerful as Rayquaza and they lack the useful prioirty that Ray has in extremespeed.

>>26998076
I haven't seen one used yet, only the base form for Solar Power boosted attacks. Regardless 100 base speed is pretty nice, faster than Xerneas/Yveltal and sun boosted Flar Blitz probably hits like a truck. Has acces to Tailwind to support the team too.
>>
>>26998215
Base form? Wouldn't Y fill that niche, but better?
>>
>>26998237
No
>>
>>26998266
Interesting, I might give it a try. Would it really be worth using Vanillazard over a Mega considering how frail and weather-dependent it is?
>>
>>26998237
Not with Primal weather about
>>
>>26998237
Mega Charizard Y and for the matter of fact, any regular weather inducer is just worthless.

LO Solar Power Charizard outdamages MCharizard Y by, like a lot.

>252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Charizard Heat Wave vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Sun: 160-188 (71.4 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 184 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas in Sun: 118-141 (52.6 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And notice that to patch up a little the lack of Life Orb in Mega Y, I made it Modest.
That Heat Wave is diminished by being an spread attack.
Y's Overheat could get an OHKO against Xerneas, but could also fail, but Solar Power base Zard will always get that KO with the same attack.

Also, you don't want to use a Mega without an effective ability in this Meta, when there are things like Kangaskhan, Salamence and Mawile.
>>
>>26998276
Ok let me put it like this

If you want to use zard use it with big 6 and zard over talon

Its moves should be
-Protect
-Heat Wave
-Tailwind
And then whatevet other move you want with a life orb
>>
>>26998332
Hmm, that makes sense. And comparing it to Mega X, all of Megazard X's strong attacks are single-target, except for Earthquake which is bad for its teammate P-Groudon.
>>
>>26998382
Speaking of EQ, LO Charizard synergizes nicely with Groudon's EQ, so you don't have to worry about protecting every time you want to use it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.