[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mega Evos are getting ditched in Gen VII. Is your body ready?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: megaditch.png (310 KB, 680x727) Image search: [Google]
megaditch.png
310 KB, 680x727
Mega Evos are getting ditched in Gen VII.

Is your body ready?
>>
File: 1462487048544.png (111 KB, 303x320) Image search: [Google]
1462487048544.png
111 KB, 303x320
>>26997261 (You)
nice meme
>>
>Is your body ready?
For your asspain, yes.
>>
I can only dream
>>
>>26997261
>megas get replaced with synchro evolution
>it works exactly like mega evolution except that instead of changing the mon's appearance it simply adds a dragonball type aura around it
>all pokemon can synchro evolve simply by holding a synchro crystal
>>
I'd be extremely upset
>>
Why would you give a mon a mega before throwing them out of the game?
>>
The idea of mega evolution isn't bad per se, but man if it's executed badly.
>most of them are useless, since you can only use one, some are situational like M-Swampert for rain teams and M-Charizard/Houndoom for sun team, but if you are not using one just because it's your bros' mega, there's no reason not to use the usual M-Kanga/Mawile
>the list of pokemon that have a mega evolution is too random, besides the promotional megas, like the starters and the legendaries, the others literally feels like spouted by an RGN
>some of them are given to pokemon that definitely just needed a regular evolution first
>the fact that they evolve via stone is too arbitrary and kinda makes the whole concept of having a bro/signature pokemon with a different form than the rest of your team
>they didn't even fucking managed to give every gym leader/elite 4 in Kalos and Hoenn a mega for the rematch, that could have been a great way to state their signature pokemon
>Charizard and Mewtwo have two for the sole purpose of selling mercha, I know they're popular but it triggers my OCD anyway.

The concept of having a signature bro with a special evolution is cool, but it shouldn't have been executed this way. Not by killing cross gen evolution and giving us a ridonkulous small dex in Kalos. The entire mega operation was a disaster.
>>
>>26997461
I meant
>the fact that they evolve via stone is too arbitrary and kinda makes the whole concept of having a bro/signature pokemon with a different form than the rest of your team less powerful, since you can effectively mega evolve every pokemon you wish to mega evolve, once you've collected the stone.

Imo megas will still be in SM, but no other mega will be added and they'll be shoved in the postgame. Then they'll take advantage of GEN VIII soft/hard reboot and ditch them.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.