[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point of Pokémon Go? Im just curious cause i dont
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: IMG-20160706-WA0004.jpg (94 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160706-WA0004.jpg
94 KB, 540x960
Whats the point of Pokémon Go? Im just curious cause i dont know much about the game and i'm pretty sure i missed something. I downloaded the most useless games like flappy bird, CoC, Agar.io cause i knew they were funny for few weeks and they have something competitive in them, but i won't even download Pokemon Go. It seems like those Vr cards you found in 3ds' box. Does it actually have a point? Please enlighten me
>>
>>26993994
Bait for mobilefags. Nothing else.
>>
Because people have always wanted to feel like they could go on a real pokemon adventure.

This is the closest we have ever came to being able to do that, and we are excited.
>>
>>26993994
It's fucking pointless, you can't catch Heracross and who gives a fuck about shitty gen 1 shitmons?
>>
>>26993994

What's the point in anything in life really? We're all gonna die anyway.
>>
>>26994038
The point of life is death. We are only alive so we can die.
>>
>>26994047
Babys who hanged themselves with umbilical cord perfectly understood that secret of the universe.
>>
>>26993994
Sorry to borrow the thread, but has anyone figured how this "works" yet?
I've had the game for about 12 hours and haven't seen a single pokemon besides the starters. Is it registered to spawn in specific streets? Do they come to you sometimes? Do you need to go to different locations to find them or do they spawn randomly? Do you need the have the app constantly running to be notified of when pokemon are nearby?
>>
>>26994067
Some people have gotten a bunch of different mons just in their house, I guess it's random.
>>
So many of you complain and complain and complain, DON'T PLAY IT.

It's something to do in the meantime, it's better than nothing!

They have already said they will be starting with the first generation upon release and will introduce the rest of the pokemon later on in future updates, Heracross will be in it eventually.

And YES it's pointless atm but Gamefreak have already said they plan Pokemon Sun/Moon to be compatible with Pokemon Go so it's not that pointless.
>>
>>26994067

I've sat at home most of the time with and and managed to catch 20 different Pokemon just sitting here, guess it's just random.
I went for a walk and managed to find some spots to top up Pokeballs/get eggs but only found 1 Zubat while walking, so I think it's different for everyone.
>>
>>26994082
>but Gamefreak have already said they plan Pokemon Sun/Moon to be compatible with Pokemon Go
Source ?
It'd make me mad, but I need a source before getting mad for nothing.
>>
>>26993994
>>26994008
>>26994034
literally retarded
>>26994082
this nigga
>>
>>26994097

I many have got that wrong, they stated that they will make Pokemon Go compatible with 'future' Pokemon titles, that we before the announcement of Sun/Moon so I assumed they will with those games.
>>
Dont see it in the play store. Don't know if it's a country thing or a tablet thing. Anyone got a download link?
>>
>>26994157
That isn't a source, but whatever I guess, I'll be mad an other day.
>>
>>26994038
Be better than other people that lived, possibly the best
>>
People have mentioned that they have gyms under their control and can set mon to them, so that's a thing. It is likely so people can feel like they get to adventure with their bros, old and eventually newer and newer.

That said, once it comes out, do you have to head out and find a mon to start with, or what? Kinda want to find an ekans for a starter.
>>
>>26994166
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo&rdid=com.nianticlabs.pokemongo
Here ya go senpai. It isn't officially released in all countries yet, they're doing a rolling release.
>>
>>26994194
The very best?
>>
>>26994244
Like no one ever was, mate.
>>
>>26994229
didn't know. Thanks Farn.
>>
>>26994067
i have nothing in my house but have found 5 pokemon just going to the store, so yeah, who knows
>>
>>26994082
I will noy play it, the thread was made to understand why is it played, pure curiousity. I understand most of mass bullshits, and i often follow the mass, like i said in my post. But this... I just dont understand. Im not hating or something, maybe i will try it amd ill like it
>>
>>26993994
Anyone else in the US and can't play GO?

I heard North America was part of the
worldwide start but I can't play
>>
>>26994128
>nigga
>literally

Get the fuck out
>>
I always mean to go for a walk outside
I always mean to explore my neighborhood
Doing this makes it a lot more fun.
>>
>>26994279
What if you are in a mall and you see mewtwo, and to catch him you have to go near a group if girls (you know one of them). And they will probably laugh at you. Would you do it?
>>
>>26994067
I've been walking around and found at least 20 different types, lots of duplicates though.
Sometimes I walk for a bit and find nothing.
I leave the screen on, don't know if it works otherwise.
As far as I can gather, certain areas have different pokemon but its not assigned to streets and its random what will appear. My area has a shitload of Doduo for example. My housmate has found similar pokemon, but we have them spawn for us separately.
My suggestion is that you go for a walk around your neighborhood for half an hour with it open in your hand and see what happens.
>>
>>26993994
Nothing

It is literally the worst pokemon game ever made
>>
>>26994305
Yes. It's not hard to be discreet. Walk with your phone in your hand like you're texting, click on it, the encounter will engage, walk away, do it somewhere away from people. I was talking about it with my friend in the checkout and the guy at the register joined in our conversation.
>>
>>26994319
>implying this is worse than BW
>>
>>26994339
There is literally no pokemon game or spin off that is as shit as this """""game""""" is
>>
>>26993994
CoC?
Corruption of champions?
>>
>>26994327
In the story its implied they see your screen and laugh
>>
>>26994357
I think it's more likely they'd be confused as to what you're doing. I'm not sure where you live where people are such cunts or why you'd care either way.
>>
>>26994348
Clash of Clans
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>26994343
This is how I imagine you
>phone games are for normies REEEEEEE
>>
>>26993994
The point is to encourage you to move your fatass outside and catch pokemon.
>played flappy bird and agario but can't understand the point of a pokemon game on the pokemon board
>>
>>26994400
There is nothing wrong with phone games, there is everything wrong with this piece of shit

They didnt even put battles in when they have all the moves. It literally plays itself.
>>
>>26994389
In my country they would whisper and giggle maybe/ think what a looser shaking their head/ do nothing. Consider the very young age
>>
>>26994413
It's meant to be a fast pace on the go game so you don't need to stop. It's not a traditional pokemon game, it's a "get your fatass outside and catch pokemon" game
>>
>>26994339
BW has gameplay
>>
>>26994416
Why do you care what children think?
>>
>>26994433
>It's meant to be a fast pace
Dont make me laugh
>>
>>26994434
And this doesn't?
>>26994448
What's not fast paced about going for a walk, getting a vibration, swiping your finger and continuing your walk?
What kind of game do you think this is?
>>
>>26994433
>It's not a traditional pokemon game, it's a "get your fatass outside and catch pokemon" game
Its not even a pokemon game

This is as much of a game as going onto google and downloading pictures of pokemon
>>
>>26994458
>can walk around 'catching' pokemon
>can place them in a gym, where you will lose fights regardless of strength because you dont actually fight

Thats all there is for gameplay, so yes, BW is better than this you over exaggerating drama queen.
>>
>>26994475
>over exaggerating
Next time I'll under exaggerate, sorry for triggering you.
>>
>>26994411
I don't even like actual pokemon games that much. I played crystal when i was 4, when i was 6 i played sapphire and i spent something like 200 hours on the game, then red fire and diamond. But growing up i dont see them as good games. No ability involved, a retarded could be better than me only cause he plays more. Just good memories. Also new gens suck
>>
>>26994458
>What kind of game do you think this is?
A shit one, as its plainly obvious to anyone who isnt a mindless fanboy
>>
>>26994489
lol
I assumed these would be dog shit, but I'm having fun.
You think all games need to be the same. You probably think tetris or dark souls are shit because they aren't pokemon
>>
>>26994458
>What's not fast paced about going for a walk, getting a vibration, swiping your finger and continuing your walk?
And whats good about that? Would it have killed them to have combat? Or anything else to actually do?

Even Clash of Clans isnt this mindbogglingly passive
>>
>>26994507
Thats a wonderful attempt at moving the goalposts and making up fallacies but it really just proves my point that you have no idea what you are talking about and are defending it because its pokemon and therefore perfect and flawless in every way.

if you want to be a moron so be it but dont pretend this piece of shit is worth anyones time
>>
>>26994509
Because clash of clans is a game you play while sitting on your ass at home. This is a different genre altogether.
>>26994515
>i make an argument
>YOU HAVE MOVED THE GOAL POSTS, ALLOW ME TO INSULT YOU AND MAKE VAGUE ASSUMPTIONS
I'm saying that the game is supposed to be a game that encourages you to go outside, get some mild exercise, and see some sunlight. Because it isn't a pokemon RPG you are shitting on it. It's fine if that's not for you, but some of us enjoy this. It is not objectively bad you fucking manchild.
>>
>>26994509

>what are gym battles
>>
>>26994535
>no player's abilities involved
>no story
>poor gameplay, almost absent
>not competitive
>no variety
>no levels or any kind of progressing in the game
Just these points say it IS objectively bad
Its basically like going to the mall with a list of things to buy, but it will take months to complete the list and when youre done you have literally nothing in your hands
>>
>>26994639
>no story
Reread my post again
>no player's abilities involved
>poor gameplay, almost absent
>not competitive
>no variety
>no levels or any kind of progressing in the game
You haven't played it
>>
>>26994639
Let me put it you like this.
You've got eggs (pokemon) which you are accustomed to having as a fancy and delicious omelette.
This is a boiled egg. No frills. It serves a purpose and can be enjoyed. Just because you prefer an omelette with more variety and flavour, doesn't mean that a boiled egg is bad or inedible.
Stop being autistic.
>>
>>26994678
Maybe i prefer the boiled egg too, but a boiled egg its OBJECTIVELY worse than a famous chef's restaurant plate. He said that it not OBJECTIVELY bad... Well it is. Its almost not to be considered a game. I dont dislike it tho
>>
>>26994750
I NEVER said this was as good as a main pokemon game. I was saying it is an alternative that can be enjoyed for what it is. Do I prefer it? No. Do I think it deserves to win awards? Absolutely not.
I'm saying that it's an enjoyable time waster that you can download for free, no different to having solitaire or some shit on your phone.
>>
>>26994067
you do need to have it open while you walk. the accessory you buy for $35 probably changes that. You get two incense when you start. Use one and for 30 minutes (keep it open) they will come to you to get you started.
>>
>>26994267
it's kind of neat to see what Pokemon are in your area and the AR screen is cute. A little squirtle on my laptop keyboard etc. But yes, it's a pretty weak game from a fun or comeptitive level so far.
>>
>>26994750

Is objectively the new literally?
>>
>>26994800
I dont know i use words for their meaning, not to fill up space
>>
>>26994267
>the thread was made to understand why is it played
If you don't know the answer them you're just retarded, plain and simple.
It's the same as every other game, fun.
>>
>>26994819
If that's how you're using objectively in a sentence then you're using it wrong.
>>
File: 1458599058406.jpg (90 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1458599058406.jpg
90 KB, 500x492
>>26994507
>lol
Your average GO defender, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>26994507
You're not even trying at this point.
>>
File: reee.png (301 KB, 780x782) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
301 KB, 780x782
Who else can't play because older iOS/Android version ?
>>
>>26994819

Then maybe open a dictionary. If you're going to use big words to try and sound smart it would help to know their meaning. My 6 year old would prefer boiled eggs over an omelette which invalidates the usage of objectively to describe them.
>>
>>26995207
If you're on android, you can just flash a custom ROM based on a newer version of android. That is, of course, if you didn't fall for the Mediatek meme.
>>
>>26995304
sadly, I'm a stupid anon with an old Iphone.
>>
So I'm thinking of installing this using the .apk since it's not in my country yet. Think niantic will ban me?
>>
File: 1459827374143.jpg (35 KB, 495x375) Image search: [Google]
1459827374143.jpg
35 KB, 495x375
This reminds me of Neko Atsume where you would just look at it once in a while in transit or public to see if you got new stuff.
>>
>what's the point of this game

What kind of a question is that? You catch and battle Pokemon.
>>
>>26995351
I've been good so far, then again I'm avoiding heavy use since I might lose all my progress when I download the official release
>>
>Buying flappy bird
>Doesn't want to buy pokemon go
>>
>>26995463
guess I'll do that too then
>>
>>26994271
Aussie and NZ only but anyone can play if you download the .apk
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.