[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is a racist stereotype of pacific islanders and Gamefreak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
this is a racist stereotype of pacific islanders and Gamefreak should be ashamed. Depicting them as obese due to western imperialism!
>>
>>26986493
Also Brock is LITERALLY black and his ENTIRE character is trying to fuck white women
Fuck those racist fucking nips at GF bro, i'd like to bust their skulls in baka
>>
What about the buff guy in the back that even got a Kotaku article about him?
>>
>>26986510
he is very much asian.

japanese animators depict blacks in a much more offensive way.
>>
File: Golem_Mud_Slap.gif (629 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
Golem_Mud_Slap.gif
629 KB, 200x100
>>
>>26986510
>Also Brock is LITERALLY black and his ENTIRE character is trying to fuck white women
made me lol out loud tbqh
>>
File: dasracist.png (28 KB, 275x300) Image search: [Google]
dasracist.png
28 KB, 275x300
>>26986529
like this?
>>
>>26986493
I know you're being "dude, lol, Tumblr!", but I don't think anyone ever expects Japan to have very good racial politics.
>>
>>26986529
baka I ain't never seen no asian man that look like a nigga, brock is very clearly black or at least a dark skinned negro AND I FIND THAT RACIST

we fixed Jynx and we can force them to fix Brock too
>>
>>26986565
>racial politics
What the fuck even is this?
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 91d2a80c.jpg (77 KB, 277x400) Image search: [Google]
91d2a80c.jpg
77 KB, 277x400
>>26986567
>>
>>26986567
all seriousness though, i don't think there were any black characters in pokemon pre gen5? japan is generally pretty behind when it comes to ideas of diversity.

gen5 and 6 had several notable black characters tho.
>>
>>26986631
>all seriousness
>the rest of this post
>diversity means shoving blacks everywhere, fuck other races
Yeah, no.
>>
>>26986493

Did you miss professor chad in the back? No one is depicting the ethnicity as obese.
>>
File: roidingviens.gif (36 KB, 342x366) Image search: [Google]
roidingviens.gif
36 KB, 342x366
>pacific islanders are FAT???????? NOPE LOOK AT MUH STRONG SAMOAN!
>>
>>26986631
Why should there be """diversity""" in Japanese media if 98% of the people there are ethnically Japanese and the remaining 2% is mostly Koreans?
>>
>>26986639
>fuck other races
stop projecting your weird inadequacy issues. i clearly never said this.
>>
Only white people can be racist.
>>
>>26986702
>projecting
Nice deflection, friend.
You "diversity" cultists literally only mention blacks. Why are you obsessed with blacks so much? Why are they special?
>>
>>26986689
>spoiler alert
well both gen5 and gen6 were set in regions not based on japan

actually that probably explains why there are suddenly black people in gen5 and gen6...
>>
>>26986726
i didn't bring up black people, the guy joking about brock did

i'm sorry you are so angry about everything but that doesn't mean you can't read.
>>
>>26986744
I'm just trying to understand the mind of a cultist.
Why do you think people should have racial diversity in games in the first place?
>>
>>26986530
he dindu nuffin, ok?
>>
>>26986764
>Why do you think people should have racial diversity in games in the first place?
i never said i think that. unless you're in second grade you should really be able to read better than this.
>>
>>26986764
Because it's nice
>>
>>26986493

Your state's most popular food is goddamned canned meat.
>>
>>26986764
Because the world has racial diversity and that being reflected in games isn't a bad thing? It can be a bit heavyhanded sometimes, but it's a start.

I liked the games just fine when there wasn't much diversity, but I like them better now that there is.
>>
>>26986789
You very clearly implied it by saying Japan was behind.
Apparently you can't even read your own posts.

>>26986802
>>26986856
No good reason to force diversity, I see.
Diversity isn't bad, but it's not good either. It shouldn't be forced, and if anything GF has been good about it, accurate to the locations of the games.
>>
>ITT: /pol/ and anons who can't use the word "literally" correctly
>>
>>26986871
This, diversity only works when it's used realistically.
>>
>>26986871
I think being nice is a pretty good reason
>>
>>26986493
>literally one fat alolan so far

It's a good thing you're the OP because you don't even deserve a bracket You bracket, tumblrite tryhard.
>>
>>26986901
>>>/Tumblr/
>>
>>26986899
Apparently that isn't good enough for these people.
>>
>>26986910
>STILL doing it
>>
>>26986911
That's me!
>>
>>26986916
>these people
yes, your very real SJW Tumblr boogeymen, who won't stop until every last character in every last video game is black. Yes.
>>
>>26986929
Your shitposting is sure convincing me that it's just a bogeyman.
>>
>>26986871
I guess I'm just not seeing where it's being forced, at least in terms of Pokemon. I certainly don't want it shoved down my face, I always hate that, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be there.
>>
>>26986944
What else could it be?
>>
>>26986952
Why SHOULD it be there, assuming you're talking about pre-gen 5? That's exactly what forcing it is.
>>
>>26986493
Why is it racist? A lot of my people are overweight and this is not always looked down on as negative. Being bigger used to be a status symbol not even 200 years ago in Hawaiian culture. I am not advocating for being fat but I think most local people do not shun an overweight Hawaiian. As long as they are trying to get attention because they are fat no one cares some guys like to eat and they should be allowed to do whatever they want.
>>
>>26986971
there are multiple western characters in pokemon pre-gen5 despite there being very few white people in japan.

that's forced diversity. why do they do it? to make their gym leaders stand out from one another without having to dwell on their backstories. they have a limited amount of time to make each gym leader memorable so they go "how about she really likes airplanes?" and put a propeller in her hair.
>>
>>26986971
Newton would disagree on that.
>>
>>26986493
Are plus-sized people not allowed in your vidya or something? Huh HUH?>>26986510
>26986510
Brock is based on dark complected Asians. They exist. For christ's fucking sake, get out more.
>>
Between the fit guy in the back and the bigger guy in the front that's pretty much as Hawaiian as it gets. They don't got many skinny Hawaiian guys. Either you get fit or you get fat and it just depends on what you love food or sports. That's pretty common for Hawaiian culture
>>
>>26986997
And it added nothing to the games.
It's forced, needless, pointless.

>>26987005
And why should I care?
>>
>>26987033
Because you have a misunderstanding of science.
>>
>>26986971
Ohhh, pre gen-5? I was just speaking generally, really. I guess pre gen-5 I would say them tossing in a few people from various races would be fine, since it's not like they're not in Japan. But it is Japan, so it should mainly just be Japanese people.
>>
>>26986493
It's not racism, it's probability. With so many fat americans a fat character is bound to show up. And soon rather than later.
>>
>>26987033
>pointless.
the point is so that you don't get one asian male gym leader confused with the other asian male gym leaders.

lt. surge stands out. allowing you to remember him. if they wanted to actually represent the demographics of japan then half of the gym leaders would be koga and the half of the gym leaders would be erika.
>>
>>26986813
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it cousin
>>
>implying tumblr wouldn't be pleased with the representation in SM

You were not around tumblr for the "Frozen is racist" wars and doxxing.

Tumblr should be grateful honorary aryan nips care about brown people. Since, you know, Japs are brown.
>>
>>26987130
fucking sjw mod
>>
>>26986493
Isn't Pearl Harbor on the map? What if they recreate that event?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.