[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /vp/ whine about Talonflame when it is Mega Metagross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: metagross-mega.jpg (37 KB, 300x260) Image search: [Google]
metagross-mega.jpg
37 KB, 300x260
Why does /vp/ whine about Talonflame when it is Mega Metagross that is the most OP Pokemon in OU?

>110 speed for some fucking reason
>gigantic movepool
>plenty of resistances
>good defensive stats

Switching into it is hard as fuck.
>>
>>26986264
Because their idiots. And you're an idiot too, Megagross is nowhere near the "most OP Pokemon" in OU.

The most cancerous thing right now is Clefable, it cripples all reliable switch ins with Thunder Wave and beats everything else.
>>
I stopped playing OU after they said no to scolipede passing speed and attack,
>>
>>26986264
Because they love to shitpost. Also, metagross is solid but not OP
>>
>>26986287
I started OU again after they got rid of cancerous baton pass teams.
>>
>>26986284

>their idiots

My idiot? Where? I don't remember getting one.
>>
I only play UU for muh bros and AG for the chaos.
>>
>>26986332
You're girlfriend remembers though :^)
>>
Switching into it is hard as fuck but it's easy enough to pressure, balance teams usually have a fat enough answer for it, and it doesn't like dark spam or sand offense. Megagross isn't particularly good in the current meta and is relatively easy to build around. It hits hard but it's not a nuke, and it's fast without being sanic.
>>
File: 1384877033841.png (81 KB, 193x228) Image search: [Google]
1384877033841.png
81 KB, 193x228
>>26986284
>mfw people whine about Clefable being overpowered for OU
>mfw the inevitable Clefable suspect test
>mfw all the faggots who claim that slippery slope isn't real
>>
>>26986309
>REEEE MUH STALL
>>
>>26986355
This.

Its a solid, all around pokemon with no bad stats, and it's always gonna be something to keep an eye on, but since none of it's stats are extreme, anything specializing in those categories can get some elbow room in. You likely wont have to dismantle your team composition solely due to a M-Metagross.

Also 4MSS is a thing with Metagross.
>>
>>26986353
Damn quit cookin
>>
>>26986287
The baton pass shit was the most retarded thing I've ever seen on Smogon. The entire fucking community conspired to continuously fuck over one guy.
>>
>>26986353

>I now have a girlfriend

Thanks anon.
>>
>>26986264
>>110 speed for some fucking reason
>>gigantic movepool
>>plenty of resistances
>>good defensive stats
So its Bad!Latios with no item
>>
>>26987616
>___!___
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>>26987616
>So its Bad!Latios

Please leave.

Also how you made that connection, I have no idea. Whats even the point to oversimplifying so hard, you know that its not the same.
>>
This is why you should run Nidoking. It demolishes metagross with earth power and kills those faggot faries with sludge wave.
>>
File: 1466149330101.jpg (68 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
1466149330101.jpg
68 KB, 720x529
>>26986332
this is you
>>
>being a Smogonfag

can't think for yourselves?
>>
>>26987652
Zen headbutt

Just send slowbro op
>>
>>26987708
>Sucker punch

Nidoking also out speeds on the first turn and OKO's Metagross.
>>
>>26987743
Sucker punch doesn't affect slowbro if he uses TWave which would cripple it horribly. Also nobody would keep their Meta on a Nidoking on the first turn.
>>
>>26987667

Who said I was disagreeing?
>>
>>26987763
I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't mention slowbro at all. If the person your fighting switches out their Metagross than whatever comes in will take a stab earth power followed up by Sucker punch.
>>
>>26986264

All I do is run CroCune to switch into most of the physically hard hitters: Mega Metagross, Talonflame, the Knock Off users, Lando, Azumarill, etc. Yeah it may not always get a KO but it usually gets one chance to Scald and get some chip damage and/or burn.
>>
>>26986284

Run Excadrill you moron.

>Immune to T Wave
>Resists Moonblast, doesn't even get KOd by the rare Clef with Fire coverage
>SE STAB OHKO with Adamant Iron Head
>>
>>26987763
But Nidoking is immune to Thunder Wave and can carry Thunderbolt. Most Slowbros invest in their physical defense too.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.