[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I played Pokemon Blue/Red constantly throughout my teenage years,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: bluered.jpg (34 KB, 462x232) Image search: [Google]
bluered.jpg
34 KB, 462x232
I played Pokemon Blue/Red constantly throughout my teenage years, and still occasionally play it now, in my late 20s. I've played Yellow, but nothing else - none of the 'new' ones.

Now one of my girlfriend's friends won't stop going on about Gold. I also saw that I could buy a cheap Nintendo DS and play them on that, or at least Red/Blue on that, and it would be an upgrade on my Gameboy Colour.

So, is Gold my logical next step? Would a Pokemon Master such as myself enjoy its newness or would it simply disgust me?
>>
>>26985473
Sure. Grab Black or White too, and if you're able to get used to that, you'll end up liking all the new Pokémon.
>>
>>26985473
Just get a 3ds and play heart gold and soul sliver. Also get black and white. You will also be able to play sun and moon at launch
>>
>>26985473
If you like R/B/Y you'd probably get at least some enjoyment out of Gold because you can go to some of the same settings and fight some of the original gym leaders ~3 years after those games took place. Also it's not like the first generation of Pokémon aren't still around if you don't like the newer ones.

The novelty of seeing how the world changed is interesting at least even if some parts might be disappointing.
>>
>>26985492
>>26985528
>>26985533
thanks guys. I think I will get Gold, then look into Black and White
>>
>>26985829
After Gold, do the following gens, then the remakes.

Or just play x/y since are the better fresh start ones, kids will only direct you to their favorites so ignore kids like >>26985492
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.