[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /vp/ think that Nintendo will make another Pokemon stadium-esque
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Stadumgames.png (701 KB, 768x353) Image search: [Google]
Stadumgames.png
701 KB, 768x353
Does /vp/ think that Nintendo will make another Pokemon stadium-esque game for home consoles or is this series dead due to the Handheld games' transition to 3D?
>>
>>26984824
Pokepark 3 when?
>>
>>26984824

Dead.

The whole draw was battling and being able to see your Pokemon in 3D.

Now, the main series is 3D, so the "Stadium" games have no value.
>>
>>26984824

Masuda confirmed that the Stadium series is dead for now.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/no-new-pokemon-stadium

>When asked at a recent event why a new Pokémon Stadium-style game hadn't appeared since 2007, Masuda said, "It kind of goes back to the core philosophy of Pokémon as a brand: We really want to excite people and surprise them with new things they weren't expecting. The original games, of course, were 2D and in black and white, and seeing them in 3D was a stark contrast... it was kind of a huge surprise for players. Nowadays, the Pokémon are already in 3D, and I'm not sure that better graphics would be quite as impactful or impressive. So in order to come back to the Stadium series, I think we'd need to have some sort of new invention to justify it.
>>
>>26984824
Pokken was more or less that thing.
>>
>>26985021
Hologram pokemon stadium when?
>>
>>26985021
I still don't see why they couldn't make another Colisseum or XD. Or maybe something to do with the Rangers, those games were popular on the DS and it would have made sense to put them on the Wii U - and you could have included the better graphics battling as well. Imagine all 700+ Pokémon rendered like they are in Pokken.
>>
>>26985120
I'd pay top dollar for this idea
>>
File: 1466653380172.jpg (158 KB, 1129x641) Image search: [Google]
1466653380172.jpg
158 KB, 1129x641
>>26984995
>>26985021
Oh that's cool then
I don't mind being limited to the 3DS anyways
Not at all
>>
>>26984824
They wont need to if nx is cross platform handheld and home
>>
I've been playing Battle Revolution recently

>we will never get the real PBR
it fucking hurts

https://youtu.be/eO4Lyc4NoFQ
>>
Since Nintendo is researching VR for the NX just think about being able to battle in VR.
>>
File: Umbreon.png (308 KB, 975x650) Image search: [Google]
Umbreon.png
308 KB, 975x650
>>26985129
>Imagine all 700+ Pokémon rendered like they are in Pokken.

If you mean like the playable Pokemon, that wouldn't be possible; it'd cost too much and be way too time-consuming to be worth the effort.

At best, they'd do what they did with the support Pokemon in Pokken; take the Gen 6 models and slap HD textures on them.
>>
Why didn't they make a Stadium game for Gen V? Because Battle Revolution sold like crap?

Obviously the Pokemon in 3D isn't a draw anymore but they can still make it interesting. Have Mini-Games like in Stadium, a simple single player mode like in Colosseum and have tournament types like in Stadium. There a complete game. You can use new Pokemon and use Bank to transfer.
>>
>>26986050
That looks good to me, maybe if they made the fur look a little less flat
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.