[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Zekrom was super popular during Gen V and was the most popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: 644Zekrom_BW_anime.png (20 KB, 290x263) Image search: [Google]
644Zekrom_BW_anime.png
20 KB, 290x263
>Zekrom was super popular during Gen V and was the most popular Pokémon of the gen
>B2W2 are sacred cows in /vp/ and other communities
>Zekrom is not, the Unovabortion equivalent to Charizard is therefore currently unknown

What happened /vp/?
>>
>>26983776
On a side note Zekrom is someone's favorite Gen V Mon over at Gamefreak. I forgot if whether it was Sugimori or Masuda, because I've heard that Victini is also someone's favorite over there.
>>
>>26983796
I think it was Shoko-tan
>>
File: 1463334717858.jpg (229 KB, 1394x760) Image search: [Google]
1463334717858.jpg
229 KB, 1394x760
I don't really understand what you're saying, but Zekrom is my favourite legendary.
>>
>>26983820
Basically, that Zekrom was popular during Gen V, but even though Unovabortions seem to rule the older teen/young adult fandom now, he isn't considered their mascot and doesn't get a lot of praise from them.
>>
>>26983838
Well Unova is my favourite, so there you go.
>>
>>26983853
You're literally me before Megazard X was revealed.
>>
>>26983776
I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but I'm a big genVfag and my favorite of the Tao trio is Reshiram. Hell, I prefer Kyurem over Zekrom.
>>
>>26983865
The Tao trio in general don't get that much praise from Unovabortions. I'm just wondering why. Maybe the same for Zoroark.
>>
>>26983885
Here's a thought. Maybe the Tao trio and Zoroark had very little to do with why people liked gen 5?

The entire premise of this thread is retarded.
>>
>>26983919
Which Pokémon did, then?
>>
>>26983796
Masuda's fave is Victini
>>
>>26983924
Pidove, clearly.
>>
>>26983955
No, really. Who?
>>
>>26983776
>Zekrom was super popular during Gen V and was the most popular Pokémon of the gen
Source?
>B2W2 are sacred cows in /vp/ and other communities
/vp/ hates Gen 5
>Zekrom is not, the Unovabortion equivalent to Charizard is therefore currently unknown
What did you even mean here?
>>
Why are people replying to this seriously?
>>
>>26983965
Alomola
>>
>>26983838
>>26983776
>Unovabortion

>>26983984
It's /vp/, there's a big chance the OP isnt pretending to be a retard.
>>
>>26983987
In the past, I've stereotyped their favorites as Scrafty and Golurk, so there's that
>>
>>26983924
First off, Pokemon designs aren't the main draw to Gen V. Still, there are many great ones, partly because of how many were introduced.

I'll put down ones I know people like, and skip some of my favorites that are more controversial (like Samurott):

>Reuniclus
>Chandelure
>Mandibuzz
>Leavanny
>Scolipede
>Genesect
>Braviary
>Joltik and Galvantula
>Volcarona
>Zebstrika
>Gigalith
>Excadrill
>Whimsicott
>Petilil and Lilligant
>Krookodile
>Darmanitan
>Scrafty
>Cofagrigus
>Sawsbuck
>Escavalier
>Accelgor
>Mienshao
>Golurk
>Hydreigon
>>
>>26983987
*Alomomola
>>
>>26983999
For Leavanny, I should have put down the entire line.
>>
>>26983776
>Gen 5 is shit because it doesn't have a clear normie-tier mon like Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja
Of all the legitimate things to criticize gen 5 for, THAT'S the one you're going with?
>>
>>26984035
What's even more shit is that I have a feeling that /vp/ considers that a point in its favor.
>>
>>26983776
Zekrom is pretty cool, it's Reshiram who's garbage. Kyurem's pretty cool before the fusion fuckery too.
>>
>>26984088
I love all three though
>>
>>26983776
Zekrom isn't shilled to hell and back, so we can feel more like hipsters for liking it.
>>
>>26984045
/vp/ absolutely DISGUSTS normie-mons, so of course it's a point it its favour.
>>
>>26984088
>Reshiram
>garbage
It's way better than Zekrom design-wise(which is fine, but a bit generic).
>>
>>26984088
I thought Kyurem pre-fusion was boring, but I like Reshiram and Zekrom more or less equally. I think that I enjoy the battle with N better if he has Reshiram, though.
>>
>>26983776
Zekrom is my #1 favourite Pokémon of all time, but I understand why it isn't shilled as much as Charizard and Greninja are. It has a very detailed design with lots of lines and extra features, as well as a boring (sorry Zekrom-senpai) colour scheme that isn't fixed by its shiny. As much as the fandom cries and whines whenever a simple-designed Pokémon is announced, the majority really hates those that actually have a complex design.
>>
>>26983982
/vp/ seems to hate just about everything.
>>26983776
I'll always love Zekrom. Electric is my favorite type, so I got all squealy when I heard I was not only getting another electric legendary, but it was a dragon too.
>>
>>26984164
>/vp/ seems to hate just about everything.
Except the anime
>>
>>26984156
>As much as the fandom cries and whines whenever a simple-designed Pokémon is announced
You kidding right? The fandom loves simple-designed pokemon and often cite it as "it feels like a Gen 1 pokemon" as "proof" it's good. You see that shit even here.
>>
>>26983982
>/vp/ hates Gen 5
Lurk some more, newfag. Gen 5 is the most popular generation on the entire board.
>>
>>26984156
I actually think the thing that killed Zekrom was Megazard X. Both are badass black-and-blue dragons, but Megazard X is also Charizard and therefore won over all the normies.

I guess /vp/ has even more reason to hate Edgyzard now.
>>
>>26984184
I know, I'm trying to point out the hypocrisy here. The simple-designed Pokémon are the ones the fandom loves, but whenever we actually get some, the genwunners and other losers whine about them because "muh Gen 1 detail was so much better, just look at Pidgey"
>>
>>26984167
>
>>
>>26984190
I've been since it began and that's false, at least after Gen 5 stopped being current.

Heck, I'm literally posting on a thread where I have to ignore anti-Gen 5 comments because you know they wont say anything of substance.

>>26984200
That and, you know, the fact that Zekrom was never heavily marketed, not more than the usual version mascot at least.

>>26984226
>>26983627
>>
>>26984241
That's a containment thread, anon.
>>
>>26984241
It's /vp/ we hate every single generation and there's people shitting on every single Pokémon. Gen V is just the gen we hate the least. I've been here long enough to say that's a fact.
>>
>>26984307
Gen V is the gen that gets the most praise, but it's by and far not the one that gets the least hate. That's Gen II. The only real criticism that gen gets is the designs, level curve, and stripped down Kanto, which are all pretty bullshit reasons.
>>
>>26984295
That doesn't even do its job.

>>26984307
>Gen V is just the gen we hate the least.
Then /vp/ does hate Gen V don't you think?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.