[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gen 1 >They loved it, but we need to make it more like the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 1458019231510.jpg (9 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
1458019231510.jpg
9 KB, 203x200
Gen 1
>They loved it, but we need to make it more like the anime and call it Yellow for Pikachu. Might suck even more kids in.

Gen 2
>They really liked this one, too, but remember how much they loved Yellow? Let's do another new version and give them a girl this time. Might broaden our audience.

Gen 3
>There were some complaints, but overall I think people liked it. Let's tweak some stuff, add a few things, and while we're at it lets remake the originals to appeal to the older kids who are starting to lose interest.

Gen 4
>They really weren't nuts about this but I think we can do better. Let's completely rework it and fix the biggest problems. While we're at it, why not remake the Gen 2 games like we remade Gen 1? Let's throw in that popular Pikachu following you thing from Yellow, but with all of them.

Gen 5
>Screw the updated version, full sequel! Two versions! We're giving them a whole new pair of games this time. Update everything, fix some issues. It'll be our best yet! No need for a remake this time, we're doing great.

Gen 6
>Eh fuck it.
>>
File: 1459832319990.jpg (16 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
1459832319990.jpg
16 KB, 240x280
>>26980924
Yeah, it was pretty blatant how much they stopped giving a shit in Gen 6. Hoping they do try this gen but eh, not holding my breath.
>>
File: 1462555989200.gif (1 MB, 281x151) Image search: [Google]
1462555989200.gif
1 MB, 281x151
>>26980924
Nice
>>
The masses are shallow people and are easily appealed with 3D graphics, even if the content is lacking. I assure you GF was thinking of that at least.
>>
>>26980988
Yeah, but then they just dropped Gen 6. I guess you could argue it was always being treated as the experimental generation to make Gen 7 even better, but what a shitty way to treat a Gen.
>>
>>26981001
True. I kinda feel bad for people that liked Kalos, GF just abandoned it.
>>
Gamefreak: *farts*
Vp: mmmmmh delicious everything Gamefreak is perfect
>>
>>26981019
Literally when do you see this? /vp/ does nothing but shit on Gamefreak.
>>
>>26981027
most of /vp/ love to pretend they are a separate, just entity and treat /vp/ as a retarded boogeyman that never agrees with them
>>
>>26981040
The hivemind will overcome.
>>
>>26981027
Any time the current games are criticised.
>>
Most people would have been content with a Frontier of any kind. Everything else is meaningless and you know it.
>>
File: shinjisad.jpg (25 KB, 329x402) Image search: [Google]
shinjisad.jpg
25 KB, 329x402
>>26981074
I really want the Battle Factory back.
>>
>>26981074
>Frontier with all the changes and improvements to the battle system
>Battle Factory with the 721 mons we have now
No shit
>>
The entirety of gen VI was sacrificed for the sake of Gen VII. Even the Ruby and sapphire remakes every faggot here wanted so badly.
>>
>>26981092
It was a meme you dip

Nobody actually wanted them
>>
I think in general, people just want to fight stronger trainers with bigger teams that have fully evolved pokemon from across all generations, and to have to travel a region to fight them. Sort of like replaying the game, only with stronger trainers.
>>
>>26980924
Honestly this so great but you could even mention even more shit they did for crystal like animated sprites and the first endless battle facilty with a side quest with Esuine
>>
>>26981227
I wanted them. I was super dissapointed with how bare bones oras was
>>
>>26982180
If you were, then you didn't want R/S, you wanted Emerald.
>>
File: 1459772328213.png (256 KB, 386x826) Image search: [Google]
1459772328213.png
256 KB, 386x826
>>26980924
Gen 6 was so well received that they didnt feel the need to improve it
>>
>>26981027
Just look at /vp/'s reaction to the Yokai Drampa

>"based GF trying new things"
>"Soooooooo original, I love it!!!!"
>>
>>26982679
/vp/ isn't a singular entity and does not have oppinions. There are just as many people here who reflexively shit on everything gamefreak does as the people who love everything Pokemon.
Why are you surprised that there would be Pokemon fans on a Pokemon board?
>>
>>26982679
...is this the new "digimon"? If so, it can only be taken as a compliment, since you would be admitting they're the closest competitor we've had since then.
>>
>>26982672

>casuals liking the most casual generation

No Duh.
>>
>>26982696
Would you be surprised that there are people who only want to hate on Pokemon here? And moreover that they drown out everyone else?
>>
>>26982679

You do know the reactions were either

>10/10 I love it
or
>literally the worst pokemon design yet.
>>
>>26981019
I have literally never met anybody, meatspace or online, that likes literally everything Game freak does. Everyone has a generation they don't like, or a mechanic they don't like, or for God's sake a fucking Pokémon they don't like.

No one here slobs game freaks knob on everything. You're just an edgy faggot.
>>
>>26982755
If that was true, no one would have a problem with me speaking against the premise of the game.
>>
>>26982672
2 things about that picture Pokemon black is actually an 87 and diamond is rated higher than platinum
>>
>>26982615
Well to be fair HGSS was a crystal remake, why wouldn't they do it again?
>>
>>26982830
Crystal didn't have anything that would alter the plot. Emerald did.
>>
>>26982835
>Esuine

Also I'm refering to shit like Mirage Tower and Battle Tents
>>
Gen 6 was a mistake.
>>
>>26981019
>Vp
kill yourself you underage worthless mobileposting cunt
>>
>>26982858
Epic ad hominem, friend.
>>
>>26982850
Did that affect Ho-oh or Lugia? NO. You could get both in any version and no one cared what the order was since it didn't change the story at all.
>>
>>26982866
not arguing. not replying to his point. in fact i pretty much agree
this issue is Vp. that's all
>>
>>26982871
I'm just refering to everything else in general. Like Mirage Tower/Battle Tents/desert underpass/magma hideout/battle frontier
>>
File: 1466091936006.png (8 KB, 494x376) Image search: [Google]
1466091936006.png
8 KB, 494x376
>>26982707
>...is this the new "digimon"?
Yes. You see, there are people who take pride in some kind of invisible 'Poke-cred', and think that they can only like Pokemon and no other competing series.

The very idea of their 'precious' having any amount of competition that 'takes away from the sales' fills them with horrible contempt and loathing.

Instead of even considering the possibility that other competing franchises can honestly be fun and interesting, they instead feel the need to shut themselves off from outside of their comfort zone.

Since Yo-Kai Watch is a big thing right now that is capable of standing next to Pokemon, it has found its way on these poor, unfortunate soul's shit list.

It's quite sad, really, that they can't let themselves learn to appreciate more beyond Pokemon

'Yo-Kai Watch Tier' is a rather flaccid argument in itself. Especially since the creature designs work for that series and are honestly fun.
>>
>>26982672
>Unova the Beautiful in last place
>yes I know BW's ranking is wrong, but it's B2W2 that /vp/ praises

Get rekt /vp/

>>26982679
Compare to their reactions to Megazard X:
>"OW THE EDGE"
>"Muh Edgyzard shilling"
>"Designed to appeal to 8-year-olds"
>>
>>26982926
>diamond is better than platinum

I'll see myself out
>>
File: lewd.gif (2 MB, 225x205) Image search: [Google]
lewd.gif
2 MB, 225x205
>>26981074
I don't think so. People just wanted it there.
People actually playing through it in 3rd and fourth gen were rare. PWT got an influx of people actually completing it because by doing so you could face more opponents like Blue, Red, etc.
But actually playing through the Frontier was uncommon. Hell, when did you saw people suddendly playing through the Maison? When injecting appeared.
tl;dr: people wanted it "there" because having a thing close to you even without using it means you're content with it.

>>26982850
A character that speaks to you a few times and you fight once doesn't affect the plot in any way.
Crystal changed basically nothing about GS. Crystal only adds things like Buena's password, animated sprites, etc. Only influential thing it did was creating the Battle Tower(where the HGSS one ironically plays differently from the one in Crystal itself) in Emerald changed some places, how the story played and WHO you faced, the trainer's teams, etc..a ton of things. It was basically a new game, not as far as BW2 did it but close enough.
>>
>>26982901
Well, most of that stuff wouldn't have affected much. I'm kinda surprised they didn't have the two team hideouts be in their Emerald locations, since they did put in the effort to show that they're both insane. The only thing that makes Emerald impossible is that they had to maintain the different teams for different versions and have them summon their legend.
>>
>>26982970
I know this sounds crazy, but in that whole non mega timeline bullshit they directly reference Mirage tower, does that mean RS is not cannon?

Same with Caitlin and DP
>>
I think Gamefreak once made the comment that essentially no one cares and they want to go on to battling online. I wouldn't be surprised if they feel that post game shouldn't exist anymore. At all. Not even their gimped facility they've used since BW.
>>
>>26983031
Read: It's your own damn fault.
>>
>>26983031
>PWT
>Black Tower/White Tree Hollow

At least when you beat the battle subway you moved forwards and ended up going somewhere, and is related to New York a bit.

In Kalos, they just come down a flight of stairs to battle you
>>
>>26983060
I think the comment I'm speaking of was said AFTER the fifth gen.
>>
>>26983060
>lose
>i'm back in Nimbasa City immediately
wow
>>
>>26983083
Ahh my mistake anon

>>26983100
>lose
>I walk down a flight of stairs
>>
>>26983118
Yeah? Using a common arena is less immersion breaking than losing in a train and immediately coming back in Nimbasa. I can't even get down and explore other stations.
>>
>>26983148
Ok, then git gud

You're really grasping for straws here anon.
>>
>>26982858
Wow You Are Very Retarded
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.