[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've never played Pokemon before. Where the fuck do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1441438813838.png (44 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1441438813838.png
44 KB, 240x240
So, I've never played Pokemon before. Where the fuck do I start? I have an Android phone, a PC and a 3DS.
>>
>>26980860
BW2 is a great start to the series.
>>
>>26980860
ORAS is a great start to the series.
>>
>>26980860
HGSS is a great start to the series.
>>
>>26980860
XY is a great start to the series.
>>
Suicide is a great start to the series
>>
>>26980860
Fuck what everyone else here says, play Ranger
>>
File: 1466633617739.png (81 KB, 1006x930) Image search: [Google]
1466633617739.png
81 KB, 1006x930
>>26980874
>most casual/kiddie pandering game in the series

>>26980878
>one of the most grindy games in the series
>uses gen IV's shitty engine

>>26980886
>the start of the blatant casual pandering
>prime example of how to rush out a game by stuffing it with as much shoddy features as possible
>>
File: PokéBait.png (97 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
PokéBait.png
97 KB, 2000x2000
>>26980902
>Not getting the joke
>inb4 I baited you all
>>
considering every game plays the same just get the last version.

Pokemon is the type of game that if you played one then you have played them all.
>>
>>26980860
Start with either Platinum, BW or BW2.

Platinum feels really slow if you play it after BW/2.
BW only has new pokemon in it.
BW2 is a loose sequel to BW.

Honestly, It doesn't really matter which game you start with, just pick one and start playing.
>>
Don't listen to anyone above
Get Yellow on the 3DS eshop, start early so you can go back to them without feeling devoid of features like many of the children on this board
>>
>>26980926
Don't listen to this mouthbreather.

>>26980921
Start with one of these, HGSS is also good.
>>
File: 1466337488597.png (88 KB, 411x496) Image search: [Google]
1466337488597.png
88 KB, 411x496
>>26980926
>implying nostalgia isn't the only reason people play RBY these days
>implying RBY aged well enough for any new player to get into these days
>>
>>26980874

Epic meme
>>
>>26980942
For you.
>>
>>26980860
Just start with SuMo in November.
>>
>>26980912
>>
>>26980949
>SuMo

get out
>>
>>26980926
Do not get Yellow. Get Red or Blue. Yellow won't give you the real pokemon experience; you get given all three starters as gifts. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but it's more like...play this if you're a huge fan of the anime.

Then you should play HGSS. They are quite easily the best games in the entire series.

You could skip Gen III for now. Emeraldfags will try to convince you otherwise, but don't listen.

Next Platinum, then you could skip BW and play BW2 instead since they are far superior and will still give you the full gen 5 experience.

Then you got XY and ORAS.
>>
>>26980966
If OP is set on binging the entire series, this is a good plan (except I don't understand why he wouldn't just play FR/LG instead of RBY). But if he's legitimately new to the series and is just interested in it, he should start with BW2 to get hooked into it. Then if he feels compelled to know more about the overall story, he can rush through BW.
>>
xy is unquestionably the best possible entry game in the series with it's large selection of pokemon, good graphics, nostalgia pandering and literally zero grind (which, in spite of what some people around believe, it actually a plus)

platinum and bw2 might be considered the peak, but i would not recommend them right away
>>
I think you should start with Ruby/Sapphire. Both are very simple and the game goes fast and fun
>>
>>26980860
Here OP:
http://desmume.org/download/

http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/Pokemon_White_Version_2_(DSi_Enhanced)(U)(frieNDS)/164833
>>
>>26980992
The thing about XY is that it's very easy to get overleveled. And when you get overleveled, it just becomes a 1 or 2 hit k.o every battle which is ultimately boring for everyone.

BW2 on the other hand, while you also don't ever have to tediously grind, you're almost never overleveled unless you purposely try to be. If you do end up being underleveled, you can just fight the couple trainers ahead of the city you're in so you can both level up and progress at the same time.

Just my opinion as someone who got back into the series with BW2 after not having touched the series in ~10 years.
>>
>>26980996
Do you also have a good link for DraStic for android?
>>
>>26981020
I don't use it but I can't imagine it being hard to find.
>>
>>26981018
this is a fair argument, but i feel that x/y is better suited for people who never touched the games and have literally zero idea what they're doing
if you know what is what, it's a cakewalk
>>
Play all in order
>>
>>26981270
That being gens of course, play either R/B, then G/S(HGSS if you want something new looking) then play R/S/E then D/P/P(platinum would be best to choose), play B/W and B2/W2 in that order for a loose story and then it's X/Y(ORAS for a nostalgic feel)
>>
Download GBA fire red and emerald!
>>
Don't. Learn a language or go outside instead. Far more rewarding.
>>
>>26980860

1.FRLG
(2.Emerald)
3.Platinum
4.HGSS
5.BW
6.BW2
7.XY
(8.ORAS)

basically, choose between 2 and 8 and skip the other choice.
if you want to end up with a "current" game, then go with ORAS, but if it's going to take you more than 3 months to get there, I'd personally suggest Emerald instead and skipping ORAS, as Sun&Moon will be out soon to end this "nostalgia filler mid-gen phase".
>>
>>26980860
BW2, then XY. You can try other games afterwards, but those are the ones I would recommend for you to understand what sort of games these are.

Or just wait for Sun/Moon and play those.
>>
>>26980996
Do roms on emuparadise come with the anti-piracy pre-patched?
>>
>>26980860
Not here OP, run
>>
fucking GOTY Stadium, Battle Revolution, Conquest and Rangers 3, the fucking rest of games are shit
>>
>>26980860
Just start with SuMo and work your way back.
>>
>>26982059
There is no Pokemon SuMo.
Its SM
>>
>>26980860
I would start with Crystal, then play Emerald, FireRed, Platinum, Black, HeartGold, and finally Black 2. XY and ORAS if you're feeling up to it: they both have some really fun and enjoyable features, but they both feel somewhat like downgrades after Gen V. Overall, worth playing, though.

If you want an abbreviated list:
>FRLG
>HGSS
>Plat
>XY
>ORAS
>BW
>BW2
>>
>>26982081

>I would start with Crystal

Gen 2's only appeal is pandering to Gen 1 nostalgia. It would be asinine to play it first.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.