[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever skipped any generations of pokemon games? Pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4
File: 20160705_040110.jpg (880 KB, 2896x2896) Image search: [Google]
20160705_040110.jpg
880 KB, 2896x2896
Have you ever skipped any generations of pokemon games?
Pic Simi related. I never picked up BW or BW2 and XY.
>>
>>26980187
Then go play them
>>
>>26980187
i have played ORAS but i never got the chance to play XY and i don't think i will ever get the chance because i'am to poor to afford them
>>
Skipped gen 2 and 6. I believe gen 2 is the worst gen
>>
>>26980187
I didn't play Black and Black 2
>>
>>26980187
Skipped DP-Gen 4 and also skipped BW then hopped on back board with BW2.

I played them both before I bought them and hated them, so I didn't buy them.
>>
>>26980216
Same
>>
>>26980187
I skipped 4 and 5
>>
I never owned gen 1, I used to borrow my friends spare copy.
I played the fuck out of Gold and Crystal
I owned Ruby, Sapphire and FireRed. I emulated Emerald a lot.
When D/P came out I was initially unimpressed with the pokemon I saw online. I eventually emulated Pearl and hated how slow it was. I thought the series was dead.
Years later I played Platinum and then HeartGold and now gen 4 is my favourite gen.
I got White when it came out. I wasn't particularly impressed. I got B2 a while after it came out and felt it was an improvement over the first, but gen 5 is still disappointing for me.
I still haven't played gen 6, but I might give it a shot soon. At first I hated the pokemon designs but I'm warming to them. With some VERY noteable exceptions, they are looking better than most of gen 5. Gen 7s designs look fucking great.
>>
I started with gen 4 then went to 3, jumped to 6, played 5, then 2 and finally 1.
>>
>>26980299
How old are you?
I don't mean that as an insult
>>
>>26980223
Why?
>>
>>26980324
Not him. But it might be because it's pre physical/special split.
>>
>>26980351
So are gen 1 and 3
>>
>>26980187
nope
>>
>>26980354
Gen 3 I thought introduced the split.
>>
>>26980373
Incorrect
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Generation_IV#Advances_in_gameplay
>Moves are now designated physical or special based on the move itself, rather than its type. There is also now the category of status that includes moves that do not do direct damage such as Toxic, Recover, and Destiny Bond.
>>
>>26980187
Same for me until recently
Then I bought a 3DS and White + Y (fuck ORAS, I already played Ruby)

I of course started with White which I found pretty meh
The region is bland, the graphics are terrible and the music was weird
Then I played Y and it was much better than White, in nearly ll respects

Pretty funny cause I had browsed /vp/ these last years and they kept praising gen 5 while shitting on gen 6
I guess different people have different tastes...
>>
>>26980373
Although in all fairness, I thought the same for years. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's some bearstein bears shit
>>
>>26980392
I had made up my mind to never play the games again. Then I bought omega ruby for nostalgia's sake. Almost regretted it. Until I found how easy it was to get legendarys. I had lost most of my old games so getting some of those guys back felt good.
>>
I skipped HG/SS and I'm very glad I did.
>>
>>26980392
Yep, I'm with you buddy. I don't get the gen 5 shilling.
The region feels so sterile and synthetic. Majority of the pokemon don't share any kind of relatable aesthetic with previous generations, its like gen 3 on steroids.
Even the male PC looks so uninspired and bland.
It's just a shit gen. At least the sequel is mildly better.
I still haven't played gen 6 mind you.
>>
>>26980423
Why are you glad you did? They're fun. Comfy is probably the best word to describe them.
Shits on FRLG.
>>
>>26980422
Same anon. Now I just use the game to rub my pokemons bellies in Amie why they ever thought removing post game battle frontier was a good idea I'll never know.
>>
Nope, but I skipped BW2 and ORAS.
Will probably buy one of those this summer, though.
>>
Haven't played the Johto or Hoenn games, only the remakes.
>>26980523
You haven't lived until you've played BW2.
>>
>>26980187
Skipped DPPt. Tried playing it some years ago, but gave up just before 8th gym. It was awful.
>>
>>26980187
Skipped the entire gen 5, mostly because I did not like many designs revealed up to a point and the whole "no old pokemon" thing annoyed me greatly.

In retrospect that was a huge mistake, many designs grew on me hard and the games were a great improvement over the low point that was D/P/Platinum. (Before someone asks, I'm a g2 fag, and the remakes were fine).

If gen 7 is similar to gen 6 with all the handholding I might just skip another one.
>>
>>26980187
Started to play with DP didnt play BW than then played Gen 6
>>
>>26980216
>>26980241
Underage?
>>
>>26980575
You mean D/P?
Because PLT is the pinnacle of the series
>>
Didn't finish black/white, only made it to the 2nd gym. Never picked up black/white 2. I was too busy with school.
>>
>>26980187
BW were so shit that I completely ignored B2W2, the only time I've done that. Does that count?
>>
Never actually played gen 1,2 or 4

Did play fire red though.
>>
>>26980775
same

I went back to BW2 recently and it was great
>>
Skipped gen 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Got around to play 2 and 3 eventually. Just haven't been able to play 4 and 5 because emulators suck and I can't be bothered to buy those games.
>>
Played the fuck out of gen1, 2 and 3.

Entered in "lol pokemon is for kidz" phase during gen4, also hated the slowness of DP.

I gave a try to BW, I loved the story and my love for Pokemon was revived.

I'm skipping gen6 because I don't like the casualization and the handholding.
>>
>>26980745
no,i have got the money,the point is that my father doesn't want me to spend my savings on vidya because he says that i'am grown up and i should buy more adult things like clothes etc.
>>
There's too much bait in this thread.
And if you haven't played every game in the series, you shouldn't be allowed to post here.
>>
Nope, played every one.
I've enjoyed them all to some extent, some more than others.
>>
Gen 3 but not purposely I didn't think pokemon went on. And then DP brought me back
>>
Skipped all of Gen 3 when I 'fell out' of Pokemon for a few years. Went from Crystal to Platinum. Then I went back and tried getting into the Gen 3 games and had a hard time staying interested in them. Still haven't finished Emerald or LeafGreen.

I've also never played R/B/Y since I didn't own a Gameboy back when they were new. They aged pretty poorly so I never bothered going back, especially when I can't even really get into the remakes.
>>
I skipped DP but came back on Platinum. Totally forgot about Pokemon during those years because I was addicted to WoW
>>
File: _.jpg (86 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
_.jpg
86 KB, 600x800
>>26980392
>Then I played Y and it was much better than White, in nearly ll respects
>>26980425
>The region feels so sterile and synthetic
>Even the male PC looks so uninspired and bland
>>
>>26981096
Don't respond to obvious bait.
>>
>>26980316
>>
>>26981096
Not him, but in all fairness Unova really was a shit region. Kalos wasn't much better, but at least it wasn't just a fucking oval. They're dead right about the graphics, too. Gen 5 was fucking hideous.
>>
Never played any of the main gen 4 games. Stopped playing after Sapphire and only picked the games back up because of Heart Gold.

Dropped the series again after White since I was worn out and picked it up again for Alpha Sapphire. Went back and played W2 and X earlier this year.

It's kind of weird to think that even though it was around 7 years between me playing Sapphire and Heart Gold I technically didn't skip a generation. Gen 3 went on for a long fucking time.
>>
>>26981122
>They're dead right about the graphics, too
It's almost as if a 3D game released 3 years after would have better graphics!
>>
Started with Blue when I was 6, played every single main series game as well as remakes. Never finished Black 2 for some reason. It wasn't even bad or anything I just got distracted somewhere after the 4th gym and never picked it up again. I think in general my interest in Pokemon might was waning as I had to force myself to finish X and never really explored side-content like I used to. ORAS reeled me back in a bit because Hoenn was my favorite region and I'm pretty excited for SM.

>>26980216
Since you played ORAS, I'm assuming you have a 3DS right? Depending on what firmware you have, it's really easy to mod to so you can play game backups. Might be worth checking out, there are heaps of guides out there.
>>
I skipped D/P and Platinum and only played SS and gen 5 superficially (I don't think I even finished White 2), I only got back seriously into Pokemon last year with Y and AS and caught them all for the first time in my life.
>>
I wish I had skipped Black 2.
I had to force myself to finish it.
>>
>>26980223
>I've never played it but it's definitely the worst
>>
>>26981622
To be fair it is pretty bad.
I mean, the smallest region to date
Butchering the previous game's assets
That terrible level scaling
No Safari Zone
Poor distribution of new Pokemon
Easy as piss
>>
>>26980187
Nope, went through each one two-three times at least.
>>
File: 1466622366370.jpg (73 KB, 487x706) Image search: [Google]
1466622366370.jpg
73 KB, 487x706
>>26981647
>Want to replay the gen 5 games
>don't want to lose my c-gear skins
>>
>>26980187
i tried to skip x&y

couldn't do it
>>
>>26980187
Nearly dropped with DP but I did bought Diamond. Skipped Platinium though.

Then, just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in. Damn you SS !
>>
>>26980226
MISTAKE
>>26980187
After seeing gameplay I decided not to buy OR.
I will buy it if I find one used for good price though.

I hated first Ranger game (Gameplay wise it was great, but Worldbuilding was horrible) so I skipped the rest.
>>
>>26981142
Yeah but how comes HGSS have better graphics than Gen 5 games?
>>
>>26980392
>Weird Music
>5 Gen
We all know that gen has the best music since Platinium
>>
B2/W2 are a must play for this franchise. I'd say just emulate them.
>>
File: 1438148724289s.jpg (4 KB, 125x117) Image search: [Google]
1438148724289s.jpg
4 KB, 125x117
>>26981062
>>
I'm a genwunner. I was 12 when the game and TCG came out in America. Played every main game through Black(black and white is the pinnacle of the franchise in my opinion) . Stopped playing cause I had kids and bills and had to do some adulting, sold my DS and games. Got a 3DS a few weeks ago and ORAS. Going to go pick up black 2 soon. I know genwunners have a reputation of whining about the newer games but there hasn't been a main game that I haven had fun with.
>>
>>26981659
They aren't coded in?
C gear was a mistake
>>
>>26981727
You could only change it through the global link and Gen 5 games can't access it any more.

>C gear was a mistake
Eh, it was better than the Poketch especially since it allowed local connection anywhere.
>>
>>26980187
I skipped Gen 2 because I lost my Gb in a moving. My first introduction was with Soul Silver, and damn, was that "tedious".

Yeah, Gen 4 Johto had great immersion (hearing your footseps and the sounds of wind, grass, sea was awesome) and some gorgeous locations like Ruins of Alph and Ecruteak City, but keeping the flaws of the original game like the awful level-scaling and Pokémon repartition was an unforgivable mistake.
>>
No gen 1 because I didn't have a game boy. My first game was crystal. I played gens 3-5 on emulator but skipped a lot of games including HGSS and B2W2 because potato laptop could not handle them. Of the gen 6 games I only have Y
>>
I never played Gen 5
I wanted to try it so I bought Black 2 but I gave up at the Ranch
I then gave the game to my little sister who finished it and had great fun (even though she had already played Black 1)
>>
>>26981724
Being there when RBY came out doesn't make you a genwunner. Whining about newer games does. You sound like a cool guy.
>>
>>26981622
/vp/ in a nutshell
>>
>>26981748
did you fug?
>>
>>26980187
I didn't play gen 1 and 2. I've tried, but I can't. I still haven't played Kanto yet (no FRLG)
>>
>>26981770
Nope
She did let me touch her bare boobs once though
>>
>>26980187
No, why would I?
>>
>>26981795
Nice
>>
I also skipped bw2, but I'll probably go back and emulate it
>>
Decided to skip X/Y when I saw the first gameplay footage and it was a good call. Skipped OR/AS as well, but will probably get around to play one of those eventually tho they're pretty low on my backlog.
>>
>>26981708
It doesn't.
>>
>>26980187
I skipped the whole 4th gen on consoles, so yes.
>>
>>26980758
Pearl. It was so awful I didn't even bother to try Platinum. Sinnoh is just too terrible for me
>>
>>26980187
Nope.
>>
>>26980187
>>26980187
I haven't play 6 gen yet but when I get a bigger sd card I am going to pirate them
Sun and moon is going to be bundle with 3ds or 2ds so I can get a legit cia right?
>>
>>26980216
Invest in an R4, every DS game for free, including BW/BW2
Also, the Ranger games and Mystery Dungeon
Make sure you get one that works on 3DS
And while you're at it, hack your 3DS
>>
>>26982336
But don't you know, Platinum is literally one of the best in the entire series
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.