[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who ever made this monstrosity needs to be fired who even thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 25
File: bruxish.png (124 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bruxish.png
124 KB, 500x500
who ever made this monstrosity needs to be fired

who even thought this would be a good idea
>>
>>26978777
Ugly =/= bad
>>
>>26978777
>Hey /vp/! Care about my shitty opinion!

Write a fucking blog. You could probably get a few relatives to follow it.
>>
>>26978789
That's how it is, I want nice looking designs.
>>
>>26978777
You mean there are some monsters that look weird and strange? That not all of them are made to look cute or badass or anything like that?

What a shocker. It's a good thing people like you aren't Pokemon designers.
>>
>>26978789
by pure design this pokemon is fucking trash its yokai-tier levels of bad
>>
I can already tell this fish will be the icon and hate flagship of this generation. Its impact desu
>>
As a fan of surrealism, I love this fish.
>>
>>26978827
i have high hopes for this gen its just this thing should be deleted
>>
>>26978849
Agree. Drag face on acid is something you'd only see in Pokémon
>>
File: 1465520191952.gif (137 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1465520191952.gif
137 KB, 267x200
>>26978819
>using Yo-Kai Watch as an insult again.

The designs of Yo-Kai Watch are perfectly fine. They may be incredibly cartoony and exaggerated, but that's pretty much the point and style. The game makes the designs work within its setting.

Pokemon, too, has gained its foothold within the last few gens with more cartoony and exaggerated monster designs. It has embraced this aspect and uses it perfectly.

Bruxish does indeed have a weird looking design, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure how you people are incapable of understanding that just because a design is weird or out there, it doesn't mean the design is bad.

You know jack shit about design, Anon. Don't pretend that you do.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (17 KB, 408x348) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
17 KB, 408x348
>>26978777

You know that plenty of fish in real life look crazy/ugly?
>>
File: IMG_2393.jpg (88 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2393.jpg
88 KB, 1600x1200
>>26978858
After all, you can't take every real life animal and make it look 'attractive'. Sometimes you gotta have fun with it.

>>26978850
>i have high hopes for this gen its just this thing should be deleted
>being this pissy over Pokemon

When someone gets this angry over Pokemon, they need to take a step back.
>>
File: received_1200350370009242.gif (332 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
received_1200350370009242.gif
332 KB, 160x160
>>26978873
>tfw someone intelligent browses this board
>>
Honestly, I can already see my team coming together, and this little shit is so on it it's ridiculous.
>Litten
>Bruxish
>Zinogre Bug
>Zydog (hopefully)
I'm very happy.
>>
>>26978858
Acid Betty & Blairbacking say hi
>>
who ever made this monstrosity needs to be fired

who even thought this would be a good idea
>>
>>26978915
Lol, amazing isn't it?
>>
>>26978873
at the end of the day it drags down the standard that much more. it doesnt look like a pokemon, it looks like a shitty mascot for a bag of japanese candy. the mouth doesnt even look like its connected to it, its just tacked on. it would honestly fit perfectly in a yokai game and if you think yokai tier monsters are okay in pokemon then your taste is complete trash as well

i swear, you put the pokemon logo over anything and people will defend it in droves. i guarantee you wouldnt be praising its niche design if it came from elsewhere
>>
>>26978946
After having just been in a thread where I tried to provide actual facts and info and still called a fag about it, yes, yes it is.
>>
>>26978873

If you're going to masquerade as the design expert, and high intellectual, you should probably stop acting like a design can be objectively good or bad. I like bruxish, but I can absolutely see why others wouldn't
>>
>>26978969
Not him, but I'm the same way as you, though I still feel the hate is unjustified. Yes, it has an outlandish design that not everybody is going to like, but that's not the point. The point is that Pokemon designs are trying to replicate what we see in nature, and nature isn't always pretty. Look at >>26978940 That's an ugly-ass fish. But Bruxish is supposed to look that way, so I understand it. Hating on it just because it doesn't appeal to you is one thing, but hating on it without understanding it is just idiotic.
>>
>>26979005
exactly my point bruxish seems like it would fit in perfectly

for fucks sake one of them is litterally ass
>>
File: triggered.png (291 KB, 400x476) Image search: [Google]
triggered.png
291 KB, 400x476
It's weird that we've gotten to the point where the in-game models are routinely much better looking than the official art. Bruxish really is one of those Pokemon that looks much better in motion than it does in two dimensions.
>>
>>26979005
The new dragon pokemon legitimately would fit in perfectly here
>>
>>26979005
Cat Josuke and Lizard Kuwabara are pretty baller
>>
think of it this way guys look at cutiefly i haven't seen a single person who hates it

so why not try and make all pokemon look at least a little visually appealing
>>
>>26979092

Because Cutiefly is just inoffensively cute. It doesn't take risks. If all Pokemon were like Cutiefly, this series would be pretty damn boring.
>>
>>26978777
Are there any rule34 of it?
>>
>>26979135

Addendum: That is not to say I don't like Cutiefly. I just think there's enough room in this series for both Pokemon like Bruxish and Garbodor, and Pokemon like Cutiefly and Lilligant.
>>
Literally my mom's Humuhumunukunukuapua`a
>>
>>26979161
/thread
>>
>>26978873
>it's supposed to look bad

only a literal autist would think this justifies bad designs
>>
>>26979161
HERE WE GO THIS NIGGA DONE SPELLED THAT SHIT OUT PERFECTLY
/THREAD
/ERRY DAMN THREAD ON THIS TOPIC

nah jus playin y'all will make another one tomorrow or the next day I can't even front
>>
>>26979161
This is the best post /vp/ has had in months.
>>
>>26978789
Ugly =/= good

Literally the only defense people have for this pokemon is "It's ugly! Pokemon don't have to be cute/cool/etc!". It's not just the fact that it's ugly, it's the fact that it's a shitty design. The huge cartoon lipstick-covered lips and the girly eyelashes and the flower growing on its head are the main problems. Remove the eyelashes/bedroom eyes, take the lipstick off of its lips, and give it a proper lantern-fish lantern instead of a cartoon flower.
>>
File: 250px-171Lanturn.png (33 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-171Lanturn.png
33 KB, 250x250
>>26979341
done
>>
Sorry that not everyone wants your generic cute stuff all the time. Even if it's they have good designs, I like having variety, which is what the fish is for(and to be honest, the purposefully ugly appearance is pretty funny). Fuck off.
>>
>>26979380
variety is good badly designed pokemon for "variety" is not good
>>
>>26979005
Clamoney and Pompadour would actually fit perfectly into pokemon.
>gen 4 starters would fit in here...
>>
>>26979341
Ex fucking cuse me, have you ever even seen an anglerfish lure? Because guess what, some of them are bioluminescent but they don't look like Lanturn.
>>
File: 67b.jpg (76 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
67b.jpg
76 KB, 600x450
>>26978777
>hating on best fish
>>
File: 1467656181027.jpg (410 KB, 1000x937) Image search: [Google]
1467656181027.jpg
410 KB, 1000x937
Bruxish is the best design we have ever gotten for a fish Pokemon, barring maybe Chinchou and Relicanth.
>>
>>26979341
Niga its a triggerfish not a lanternfish
>>
>>26979553
but anon i dont hate sharpedo
>>
File: 7992453.jpg (89 KB, 431x495) Image search: [Google]
7992453.jpg
89 KB, 431x495
>>26979563
>>
It's obviously inspired by Picasso. It's interesting.
>>
>>26979522
I never said I want it to look like Lanturn? It's just stupid for it to be a cartoon flower.
>>
>>26979389
Except it's really not. Perhaps a bit overdone w/ the markings, but the rl fish looks similar. What's jarring about it outside of the 'hooker' look?
>>
>>26979624
the fact it doesnt look like a pokemon by any standard sure you can have mon that looks a little weird whatever but when you make it look like a drag queen did make up for a fish thats too much
>>
>>26979653
Then what the hell is Jynx supposed to be lmao. Why is it suddenly 'too much' for you? Where's the line? A design looking like makeup on a pokemon? We already have that, brah. Try again.
>>
>>26979665
well see i think jinx looks gross too
>>
>>26979005
Drampa fite here perfectly. How angry are you?
>>
>>26978819
So why was it okay for Girafirig's tail, Huntail and Sableye?
>>
>>26979726
because girafririg's tail and sableye isnt trash
>>
>>26979675

Well that's fine. Not all Pokemon need to or should be appealing to everyone. But you can't rightly say that it "doesn't look like a Pokemon". What does a Pokemon look like, exactly?
>>
>>26979743
looks like something some one can make friends with and call a team mate bruxish looks nothing like that from what ive seen people like jinx
>>
Bruxish is that one aunt of yours that dresses extremely gaudy, puts on too much makeup and kisses you all the time. It's supposed to have that effect of making you uncomfortable just like that aunt does.
You're the little kid whose mad because his ugly gaudy aunt is pinching his cheeks at the reunion. That makes the design a success
>>
>>26979590
No, it's not, because that's what some lures look like. Bruxish is basically a cross between a triggerfish and an anglerfish. You can hate on it all you want, but don't get mad that not everyone dislikes it like you do.
>>
>>26979759
will it give me money too?
>>
>>26979759
10/10
/thread now please
>>
>>26979759
>>It's supposed to have that effect of making you uncomfortable

so you're saying a pokemon with the direct intention of making you uncomfortable is good design?
>>
>>26979778
Yes. Just let it beat up a kids caterpie and it will generate money
>>
>>26979790
>goal of the design is to inspire slight discomfort, making you think the pokemon is dangerous and slightly off-putting
>Design has exactly that effect

Uh, yeah, I for one do. If the design gets the reaction it was meant to, that's a good design.

Honestly, I think most of you assholes just don't like it because it's very pink and has "lipstick." I like it, would totally use it. It looks like a predator you'd find at some coral reef.
>>
>>26979790
If a design completes the view of what is intended, objectively yes.
>>
>>26979809
i do not for one second think this thing is dangerous and how do you know what this pokemon was designed to be maybe in the mind of the designer they thought it was cute
>>
>>26979756

>looks like something some one can make friends with and call a team mate

That is entirely subjective criteria though. There are people who look at Garbodor and are disgusted, while others look at him and see something they could be buddies with.
>>
>>26979828

>i do not for one second think this thing is dangerous

It is if your name is Talonflame. :^)
>>
>>26979831
>>What does a Pokemon look like, exactly?
i was asked a question and provided an answer
>>
>>26979828
Just shut the fuck up lol, you haven't offered any reasoning as to why it's a bad design other than 'it looks like it has makeup on and makes me uncomfortable'. Literally explain WHY it's bad, because from an artistic standpoint and from a clear look at the animal it's reflecting it really isn't awful. Perhaps not the BEST thing ever, but it is good design in the least. Go ahead, try.
>>
>>26979828
It's multiple groups of people designing and reviewing this design.
I guarantee you that the idea of the gaudy, ugly woman with too much make up is what they were going for. It's a common trope in Japan. Little kids find it hilarious.
>>
So it has pointy teeth, lipstick, a flower on its head, and hippie-esque color scheme? Yeah, they were NOT right in the head when they thought this up.
>>
>>26979837

Well then, all you're saying is that Bruxish looks like your definition of a Pokemon to someone.
>>
Jynx.
>>
All fish are just ugly in real life too.
>>
>>26979869
Well that's just like, your opinion, man.
Sorry your own head is too braindead to understand basic design choices.
>>
>>26979839
cause in my view its fucking disgusting its design is all over the fucking place its has hearts all over it but its teeth are sharp as fuck and doesnt look like a pokemon who would be all about hearts
>>
File: Bruxish.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Bruxish.gif
2 MB, 500x500
Looks fine to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 3072x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 3072x3072
>>26978777

I don't see the problem

It's exactly a replica of the fish it's based in
>>
>>26979898

>its has hearts all over it

What.
>>
File: WE.jpg (227 KB, 597x900) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
227 KB, 597x900
>>
>>26979915
tail
eyelash
fin
where do you not see hearts anon?
>>
>>26978777
i have to say, it looks better in-game or in fanart than in official art
also checked those trips
>>
>>26979899

TOO MUCH COLORS

OVERDESIGNED

Is what people are going to say
>>
>>26979925

I doubt that they were explicitly looking to design it so that it was "all about hearts".
>>
>>26979899

It's actually kind of terrifying.
>>
>>26979945
there are hearts all over the mother fucker what are you talking about
>>
>>26979898
'in my view' No one gives a crap about your opinion lol, we're talking about standard basics. Having a consistent shape over a concept is good design in the first place, who cares if it's a heart shape lmao. And the reason it has sharp teeth is because the fish it's based off of has them, and it offers good contrast to everything else that is rounded on its body. Easy.
>>
too me it looks like it belongs to a entirely different game
>>
>>26979962

What I'm talking about is that "hearts" is not the primary or even secondary "theme" of Bruxish. It is not trying to be Luvdisc. It is trying to be as gaudy as possible.
>>
>>26979962
I'm not even that guy. I didn't even notice hearts until you pointed them out. They're literally not noticeable
>>
If it wasn't for its ability, people would be calling it shit
>>
lol all these people trying to act like professional game designers
>>
>>26979898
Be nice to your aunt carol, motherfucker. Or she won't give you money
>>
>>26979992
I'm actually going to college rn for concept art in the gaming field so, yeah.
>>
>>26979999
checked
>>
>>26979913
...except for the cartoon lipstick-covered lips and the bedroom eyes with eyelashes.
>>
>>26979967
if the first thing someone thinks when they look at a pokemon is 'ew' then that designer has failed
>>
File: Gollum.jpg (61 KB, 705x600) Image search: [Google]
Gollum.jpg
61 KB, 705x600
>>26980066
Explain.
>>
125 base speed, 120 attack.

People now love him.
>>
>>26980088
the second i saw bruxish i thought ew
what more do you want ?
>>
>>26980096
>i
there's your problem
>>
>>26980066
Well I guess we can't have half the pokemon that exist because some guy thought "ew" when he saw them

>hey you, little kid, we're gonna have to release your shiny muk because some faggot doesn't like him
>>
>>26980096
Just because you go 'ew' when you look at it doesn't mean a design is failed, lol.
Whatever though, other than saying you 'just don't like it' and 'it looks gross' no one's really offered any reasoning as to why it's actually awful so meh
>>
>>26980101
but anon this entire thread is based off opinion
>>
>>26978777
How people can like this awful ugly design
>>
File: Humu.jpg (28 KB, 260x299) Image search: [Google]
Humu.jpg
28 KB, 260x299
I understand that bruxish isn't what everyone wanted. There were never any fish mons as brightly colored or as intentionally garish at first glance. Alola is up and pushing the tropical setting, and its messing with past design trends. Even Hoenn didn't really have a lot of tropical themed mons in total and nothing nearly as bright and colorful. Hawaii is the go to definition of tropical paradise for a lot of people and now that game freak is pushing the tropical theme even more, we got a colorful, gaudy, slightly disturbing reef fish. It's accurate to the source material and I love the little details to the design. Reef fish are arguably the most diverse and gaudy animals on the planet, tropical birds and even insects cannot even compete in my completely subjective opinion, I love how bruxish reflects this. I feel that it had a little more research and creativity poured into it than most mons from the details on the website page. I know the little facts like beach protection, teeth gnashing, the trigger on its head, and even the shape of the mouth and teeth could be found after a little research, but it still feels like more detail packed into it than most other mons. Its design is still however extremely gaudy to the point of being unappealing. Its obvious that people are allowed to dislike it for any reason and just because it is based on a real fish or just the concept of gaudy reef fish themselves doesn't change that. I live in Hawaii, and I completely expected game freak to go the little research, obligatory state fish with a long name, not really tropical, safe route with the design. They didn't, and I'm really happy with what we got. I also think that the design was also based on this little childrens book.
>>
>>26980111
You're not understanding.

Yes, you are entitled to an opinion and to not like a design. But then you say

>who even thought this would be a good idea

Which is a completely different thing. Not liking a design is perfectly fine. Saying it's shit because you don't like it, however, is not. Because if you want to say a design is straight up awful, you have to provide more reasoning than just "I don't like it" and you will probably need a bit of knowledge on character design, or graphic design in general.

All you have to know is:

>Bruxish has a flower lure, which is also its psychic organ
>Bruxish has strong jaws and is a predator that keeps other more dangerous water Pokemon away
>This is a tropical setting and so the Pokemon is tropical too

Where does the design fail?
>>
>>26980183
the design fails when it goes beyond that with the "do me" eyes the crazy clashing color scheme and the overall feel of the pokemon if it was just what you described it would be a good pokemon
>>
We fix it?
>>
>>26979899
This helped me warm up too it.
>>
>>26980193
>"do me" eyes
thats just you projecting
>>
>>26980269
read the rest of the thread im not the only one to make that connection
>>
>>26980276
>almost all of /vp/ want to fuck a fish
yeah, its not surprising
>>
>>26979019

>The point is that Pokemon designs are trying to replicate what we see in nature, and nature isn't always pretty.

But that's not true. All pokemon are are monsters from a fictional world that have characteristics that are similar to our world's fauna. They are also pseudo magical in nature. There's no rule about pokemon that they HAVE to be as ugly as some animals from our world, like the triggerfish.
>>
>>26980283
It doesn't have to, but why shouldn't it be?
There's been ugly pokemon since the very beginning. Why do they not have a right to exist?
Does everything have to be some edgy dragon or waifumon?
>>
>>26980292
no thats not the point yes ugly pokemon can exist but his point is some one said GF are trying to make pokemon replicate real life

idk about you but ive never seen a fish giving me bedroom eyes
>>
>>26978777
It's honestly better than a fucking green cuboid.
>>
>>26980303
>bedroom eyes
thats just you projecting
>>
Guys it's a fucking monster remember? How can a "monster" have a "bad design"? This is entirely bullshit
>>
>>26980303
>bedroom eyes
don't fuck your aunt carol, dude
>>
>>26980313
>thats just you projecting
is that your only argument lol
>>
>>26980323
such an AILF
>>
>>26980325
It's true, just because many agree doesn't mean you all aren't projecting. Mass insanity is far too accepted
>>
>>26980335
im sorry but have you looked at that things eye's

when you do get back to me
>>
>>26980325
Is deflecting your only argument? You want to fuck a fish, bro.
>>
File: 250px-009Blastoise.png (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-009Blastoise.png
68 KB, 250x250
>>26980043
Yes, and turtles don't have water-cannons growing out of their shells. Your point?
>>
File: 1467677372593.jpg (43 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1467677372593.jpg
43 KB, 1024x768
>>26980340
Some would call it down syndrome
>>
>>26980343
when at any point did i say i want to fuck a fish please show me the exact post i said it in
>>
>>26980352
You never explicitly said it but you're projecting sex onto this cartoon fish and that says enough
>>
>>26979899
It is fucking sexy
>>
>>26980360
and this is you projecting lol
>>
>>26979899
Finally, a vaporwave pokemon.
>>
>>26980368
>I-I dont want to stuff the fish with my cock, you do
okay kid
project and deflect thats all you need
>>
>>26980368
You said that a fish is giving you bedroom eyes. Are you Kanye West or something?
>>
>>26980381
lol wut so be me telling you that you are projecting by saying i am projecting that means i want to fuck a fish?
>>
>>26980368
anon, it's clear that you don't understand what projecting means, so
>lol
nevermind, it's clear that you are underage
>>
Thank god that your opiniion doesn't matter.
>>
>>26980402
no ones really does
>>
Dude you can just say it we're all Anonymous here, I want to kiss bruxish and feel those pointed teeth with my tongue. Probably get my lip bit off
>>
>>26980443
ur chubbin me up bro
>>
>>26978777
I actually like how ugly it is
I especially like how butthurt everyone is getting over it
Add that to the fact that it's literally the "fuck you Talonflame" Pokemon the potential for anal devastation with this thing is incredible
>>
>>26980457
the only redeemable thing about this shit stain is the ability it has
>>
File: 1465370372933.png (168 KB, 748x756) Image search: [Google]
1465370372933.png
168 KB, 748x756
>This fish infuriates people just by existing
>>
It looks like a Brisk
>>26980448
The couple pointy teeth ones make me wonder what other new fetishes will they introduce
>>
>>26980457
i can see it now!
>not a single stat over 87
>>
File: a22.jpg (24 KB, 420x367) Image search: [Google]
a22.jpg
24 KB, 420x367
>>26980457
This. I liked it before, but seeing how upset everyone gets over it is hilarious.

I'm definitely getting a male on my Sun/Moon team.
>>
>>26980477
inb4 100% female
>>
>>26980465
This.

Bruxish itself is almost garaunteed to be pretty bad. Even if it had good stats, it's weak to something form the 4 most common priority users (Thundurus, Bisharp, Talonflame, Scizor), and would need to be exceptionally fast in order to really pose a threat.

It's gonna need an evolution barracuda evo pls Still, if something different like Milotic or some shit got that ability, itd be a better user.
>>
alright guys its been fun many salts were had but its time for bed now
>>
>>26980487
I wish they hadn't given it the Psychic dual typing, that does it a lot more harm than good.
>>
>>26980500
It really does. Works for lore, I mean, I think something creating migraines as a self defense is a cool idea, but its not doing it any favors in the competitive department.
>>
>>26979899
I really like the CMYK + Purple color scheme, it accomplishes the "dazzling" look without it hurting to look at

It's also one of those Pokémon which was made to add more ecological diversity to the series, and I like that
>>
>nobody in this thread has ever owned a tropical fish

they are souls of ratchet women in a fish that even seeing a reflection of themselves they'd try to kill because all they want to do is inflict pain on each other

i love it, the design of it works so good for its concept
>>
>>26980532
Do you honestly think anyone on vp could even take care of a freshwater aquarium?
>>
>>26980571
I had an oscar where's my oscar pokémon dammit
>>
>>26980088

Gollum is such a complex character. It's capable of fleeting moments of compassion, its precocious at times, and it even serves as comic relief. It has no comparison with an ugly fish pokemon.

Let's look at fish pokemon from reason gens:

>Basculin
Forgettable and useless but not offensively ugly, just a generic fish with an angry expression
>Skrelp, Clauncher
Skrelp, like Bruxish is designed to be an ugly weedy creature but it's executed well and it even looks good. Clauncher is straight up based.

>Bruxish
Offensively ugly, no potential to be a bro, just horrible all around and rage-inducing

If something makes Basculin look better, it's probably shit.
>>
>>26980158

If that thing on the cover was Bruxish's design it would be 10x better and dare I say even more fitting for a pokemon, provided it was pokefied by designers.

If they held a contest for a few 13 year old aspiring artists to design a fish pokemon with psychedelic color scheme, I imagine quite a few could come up with something better than Bruxish's actual design. Sad.
>>
>>26980576
Too ugly, and yokai watch, and not a megalodon, to realistic for a fishmon, etc.
>>
>>26978777
It is intentionally bad. It is the ironic pokemon.
>>
>>26980292

I guess just because of the fact that it's ugly to a great majority of people and no one likes things that are ugly, whether it's a human, animal, pokemon, etc. When you're dealing with opinions, nothing is objective, but when 80% of people think something is hideous just resign yourself to the fact that the masses don't like it and scrap the pokemon, simple. Just come up with something else, maybe try different variations of the pokemon in question until it's a little less ugly to so many people. These things need to go through drafts to get right.
>>
>>26980591
>offensive
How is this word still in human vocabulary
It's your fault for being psychologically vulnerable
>>
>>26980309

This too.

For me it's

Bruxish: 0/5 (I just hate it)
Drampa: .5/5
Green box battery: 1/5

Bruxish is almost unacceptable for me, Drampa is ugly as sin but I don't care because I never get attached to single stage pokemon anyway, and the middle stage bug evo is ugly but usually most second stage early bugs are and I don't mind too much because the third stage makes up for it entirely.
>>
>>26980629
I don't understand how you were taught to care about about appearances to such a drastic degree, how did this happen to you?

Here, watch
https://youtu.be/MQcN5DtMT-0
>>
>>26978777
Not everything can be a huge spiky dragon.
>>
>>26980635

There are things that are made to be offensive though. The first 20 minutes or so of that sick movie Irreversible has this sub sonic sound playing constantly while the film plays. It's used to evoke a feeling of discomfort in the viewer as theyre assault assaulted with image after image of hardcore gay bondage.

Most of the arguments in this thread are already that Bruxish is meant to be ugly so I don't know why you're arguing with me. There are actually plenty of pokemon like that. For some reason this particular pokemon seems to really get on people's nerds. I don't know art theory well but I think there must be something legitimately bad about it.
>>
>>26980648

Are you pushing some kind of fat acceptance tier movement for ugly things? Human beings don't like ugly things how is that even debatable?
>>
>>26980666
That is your personal choice
>>
>>26980607
I see it as a mixture of a cartoonish design with the realistic one of the actual fish. I like it for what it is, but I'm a sucker for gaudy shit and personality. I also keep reef fish, so I like the little details. I understand that people won't like it for that and that's perfectly acceptable. People usually just see reef fish on tv as a blur of pretty colors. When they look into the tanks and see some of them up close, the usual reaction is to call them ugly, weird, or make a corny forced joke. A lot of fish are definitely weird and ugly, and even if this is the only tropical fish mon, I like that it summarizes a lot of aspects of reefs at once. That said, it's perfectly understandable to dislike the design it could have arguably been better in some way I can't think of without sacrificing the already implemented aspects.
>>
>>26980640
I think you read my post wrong.
>>
>>26978777
>ara ara, trying to use a priority move on little old me? Don't be so hasty young man!
I like this pokemon
>>
>>26978777
Go back to bed, Talonflame.
>>
>>26978777
hello pleddit
>>
>>26978777
nice meme :)
>>
>>26978777
Looks like a sugimori design
>>
File: bruxish and babe.png (218 KB, 1280x1200) Image search: [Google]
bruxish and babe.png
218 KB, 1280x1200
Another day, another thread in which the Queen triggers those in /vp/ with the weakest of constitutions.

You boys are too easy!

SuMo
>>
>tfw I like that fish
>>
File: i'm here to help ya son.png (388 KB, 555x520) Image search: [Google]
i'm here to help ya son.png
388 KB, 555x520
>>26978777
>he doesn't like the fish version of I. M. A. Sureshot
>>
>>26980607

>If that thing on the cover was Bruxish's design it would be 10x better

Dull and completely lacking in personality you mean?
>>
File: 110_700.jpg (129 KB, 700x568) Image search: [Google]
110_700.jpg
129 KB, 700x568
>>26980629

>When you're dealing with opinions, nothing is objective, but when 80% of people think something is hideous just resign yourself to the fact that the masses don't like it and scrap the pokemon, simple.

Thank fucking god that's not the design philosophy of Pokemon.
>>
>>26978939
If I do use that monstronsity I am naming it Acid Betty

has to be male, ofc
>>
>>26980629
Nigga, you are getting assblasted over a cartoon fish. I hope you realize the situation your in.
>>
>>26978777
Fuck you, it's cool
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
It's trash.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.