[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think childhood you would think of pokemon as it is today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: pkm.png (1 MB, 1620x1746) Image search: [Google]
pkm.png
1 MB, 1620x1746
What do you think childhood you would think of pokemon as it is today?
>>
>>26976349
You wasted your entire day in this autistic collage and it still looks like an 8 years old did it.
>>
Has anyone gone as far to decide what do in for then they go as far as to that?
>>
I would be happy that Mega Beedrill exists. That's it.
>>
>>26976371
>entire day
Is it your first time using MS paint? Shit takes like 5 minutes.
>>
>>26976383
fuck
>>
File: dog_36.gif (967 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
dog_36.gif
967 KB, 250x200
>>26976349
I'd be hyped as fuck because there'd be nearly 800 Pokémon, everything's in 3D and it has FUCKING ONLINE.
>>
>>26976349
Would think Pokemon today have a lot in common with Digimon given how many bells and whistles they add to designs
>>
>>26976349
I'm almost certainly positive that childhood me would've fucking loved it even more. Only downside is no classic Sugi artwork, but whatever.

I know for a fact that I grew to like more pokemon over time, even as a kid. A lot of pokemon, like Alakazam and Magmar, I thought were really ugly in my first few months of pokemon, but then grew tolike them for what they were. In fact, I pretty much only initially liked any dinosaur-esque pokemon to begin with.

But now, there's tons of that, just due to sheer volume.
>>
I think child me would have sperged out over those Charizard evolutions. I was a little edgelord who loved dragons. Hell, I still do.
I never got the hate for Dragonite.
>>
>>26976349
Childhood me would dismiss the Fairy types as "gay because they're pink". Everything else I'd think is cool.

The idea of 700+ pokemon would excite me, until I see all of the pokemon that are just reskins of others.
>>
>>26976461
>liking dragons, including fucking Dragonite = edgelord
You never stopped being a child, apparently.
>>
There's a sort of charm that comes with pixels and chiptune music. So I would've missed out on that.

But still... Pokemon is Pokemon. Shit's cash.
>>
>>26976419
This, basically.
>>
>>26976481
Not that Anon, but you seem tense for no good reason. Bad day?
>>
>>26976419
The only right answer. Everything else is hindsight speaking.
>>
I'm unsure how 10 year old me would've responded to the first gen at all. I probably would've forgotten it because my parents wouldn't get me a handheld system. (they wouldn't get me a Game Gear, either, but I'm thankful now they didn't) If the current gen existed back when I got into pokemon, I'd be overwhelmed at all the monsters in existence. I'd say you're insane if you want to get all of them, and you'd be further insane if you could remember all of them. I truly pity anyone that gets into it now because of that. They'll hardly give any older pokemon a chance simply because there's too many of them.
>>
>>26976481
I was literally autistic and wore a dragon necklace, you tell me.
>>
>>26976349
I would like it in the beginning, but I would drop the franchise after a while
>>
>>26976419

/thread

Any other kind of reply is either bait or a little kid shitposting.
>>
>>26976519
You sound like a really gay little bitch, or maybe a fatty girl, but you do need a testosterone injection after this wall of faggotry.
>>
Some years back I was trying to think of my favourite pokemon on a replay of FR/LG.
I realised, I actually never really liked that many of the gen 1 pokemon. The game itself, the concept, etc - all were great, but there were very few designs I loved it.
I think I'd be pretty invested in a lot of the pokemon now.
>>
File: 1467679592675.jpg (35 KB, 742x810) Image search: [Google]
1467679592675.jpg
35 KB, 742x810
>>26976349
B8?
>>
>>26976755
How is it bait? Are you implying you are still a child?
>>
>>26976755
anons used OP's thread for good and her booty-blasted attempt blew right into her face anyway, so it's all good.
>>
>>26976755
>>26976768
I just couldn't understand what OP was trying to say and thought it was shitposting. But now after reading the other posts in the thread i get what he was trying to say. Disregard my previous post
>>
>>26976808
Op actually is a shitposter but the thread ended up working fine for once so let's pretend it wasn't
>>
>>26976808
>>26976942
B-but I wasn't shit posting, why are you so defensive?
>>
>>26976952
shhh it's ok, delicious... you attoned
>>
>>26976349
Cool, new Pokemon!

So kind of like how I felt when I learned about Gen II.
>>
In all honesty, I don't think I would like the series any more OR less, I would be equally excited and satisfied. I find that what I find appeals to me most are the Pokemon designs themselves. I think the ratio of designs I like to what I find average to what I don't like is usually the same. I thnk the only exception is Gen IV, where I find more designs than usual to be in the middle, and that's fine. There was bound to be an outlier at some point, and to me, that gen didn't even turn out bad in any way.

For every Vaporeon, Aipom, Mudkip, Mismagius, Serperior, Delphox, and Pikipek I love, there's always going to be Muk, Qwilfish, Exploud, Stunky, Seismitoad, and Volcanion. And I think that, for everyone, it SHOULD be that way.
>>
>>26976349
I think I wouldn't have the dislike I have now for megas and cross gen evos. If they would have always been around when I was a kid I would probably not consider them as something that ruined something I liked. The only cross gen evos I like are the ones from Gen 2. There is nothing technically wrong with megas and cross gen evos but I just don't like 'em.
>>
File: hexsex.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
hexsex.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
i'd be SO STOKED
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.