[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
error
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: nnnnnnnnnnn.png (518 KB, 640x385) Image search: [Google]
nnnnnnnnnnn.png
518 KB, 640x385
error
>>
>>26976269
S&M isn't out yet and it wouldn't be the first time they've had events running at the same time.
>>
>>26976269
That Floette's model was used for a one-time cutscene. Give up.
>>
>>26976456
>That Floette's model was used for a one-time cutscene. Give up.
>has it's own stats
>has it's own exclusive move
This is Zygarde all over again.
>>
>>26976456
Then why give it a signature move?
>>
>>26976269
I'm personally under the impression that AZ was originally supposed to use her in battle in the post game of X and Y but the idea was scrapped for some reason, possibly due to time restraints.
>>
I don't get it.
>>
>>26976472
>>26976488
For flavor purposes in case you hack it into the game. Some devs plan ahead for hacks, like how the Persona 4 protagonist shouts out the names of the other character's personas in case you hack them onto him.
>>
>>26977103
Wait, he does? That's pretty cool, actually.
>>
>>26976269
Now that I think about it, can you even get mega latios/latias in XY? They were officially announced in ORAS and as far as I know there's zero connectivity between XY and ORAS
>>
>>26977103
When has Game Freak put extra effort into something like that? Especially with a pokemon you can't obtain; they could've easily just made it a Floette with an alternate texture. Clearly, one way or another, they intend/intended for you to obtain it. Just like with those two factories you never got the key card to; they were probably gonna have events for all three, but they didn't have time to.
>>
>>26976456
It's not even the same model. It's not the model or textures compared to normal Floette either, and I'm pretty sure Light of Ruin give sit a unique animation.
>>26977103
Not at all, they don't do that kind of shit "in case" someone hacks the game. Something like that is cut content. Much like AZ Floette, given how it was never released.
>>
>>26976456

Let us know when the autism has subsided
>>
>>26976269
i actually have one of those. this guy hacked his game 2 years ago, and passed out diancies, mega stones for latios and latias, and that floette. it's not much different but it gets a cool attack
>>
>>26977266
You can't.

Also, did we forget the Arceus event?
Floette may never be canon.
>>
>>26976569
It wouldn't make sense.
The thing died BECAUSE he sent it into battle. I think he'd learn his lesson this time.

I'm sure for the time being, it will remain unreleased. Otherwise it would steal spotlight from the newer Fairy with the newer better signature move.
Maybe we'll see it when/if we get the third Z version.
>>
>>26977266
>there's zero connectivity between XY and ORA
They can interact just fine, you just can't interact with pokemon that either know a new move (Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, Dragon Ascent), cosplay pikachu, or new items (the new mega stones)
Because the latias and latios stones were in the code for XY, they can actually be traded over or used in battle and still work properly
>>
>>26976269
>>26976456
Floette is probably going to be distributed in Japan for the movie
>>
>>26977103
Why does /vp/ fail at basic video game understanding?

If they wanted to make an AZ model that you couldn't use, then they should've just made the model logically not related to a pokemon model at all.

Might as well create exclusive moves for Calem or AZ's model in case you hacked those in.
>>
Why do fags get so wound up about shit just because its not obtainable?

Like it's some super mystery why we can't get it. Who fucking knows, it's not some loose end not tied up in the game like Mew, it's just AZ's Floette functioning in battle. There's no event for it, no unused dialogue, no hints that you could get it.

Maybe it was part of the story that you brought it back to him personally, or maybe he fought alongside you in a 2v2 battle or some shit with it. The games were rushed as hell so I'm not even surprised there is shit like Mega Latios in the game with it.
>>
>>26977531
>>26977755
They do it in case. So that if you hack it the game won't crash.
>>
>>26977996
>Why do fags get so wound up about shit just because its not obtainable?
While I agree that it is not a loose end story-wise, it makes sense that people are triggered for there being an unobtainable mon that's made but never officially released since the franchise is all about collecting, and it also would be a first in the franchise, with the closest case being the notched ear Pichu which you could still obtain back then at least.

>>26978018
>>26977887
>>
>>26977531
They did it in Gen 4 with ??? type Arceus.

Hell, I'm pretty sure the structure resulting in Missingno is a result of things like that.
>>
>>26978100
In Gen 4, it was in the case you generated a ??? type Arceus.

Missingno's case was the result of shitty memory handling, as many of the bugs in Gen 1.

As for this, it was clearly made to be used either by a boss character(AZ) or the player. At most you could said it was something like the B2W2 movie villains which worked as pokemon but couldn't be used(legitimatley), only fought against, but whatever they intended they either scrapped it or haven't released it.
>>
>>26976455

>S&M
>>
>>26976269
They'll distribute it next year or something.
>>
>>26977531
Have you ever seen video game development? I'm surprised there isn't more shit in Pokemon's game files. There probably is before it gets removed. The amount of rewritten dialogue, dropped plot lines and events would probably surprise you.

It could be anything. It could be for battling alongside AZ in Team Flare base. People who don't know game development strain themselves thinking its some super secret, not realizing there is shit like this in every video game that gets mostly taken out. Skyrim has part of Oblivion's map beyond the border but you couldn't ever go there. Who fucking knows?

Mega Latios and Latias are in XYs game files, GS Ball worked in English Crystal but was never obtainable. Mossdeep's Space Center and white rock seem to hint at Jirachi and Deoxys but didn't do anything in Gen3, the Azure Flute event, etc.

I personally think it is for a storyline battle, the evidence being the moves description. It calls on power of the eternal flower, which shouldn't exist after the Team Flare plot ends. The story was obviously rushed as fuck so I guess it never made it, but I imagine it lay around in the files because they had still been planning to use it until the last moments.
>>
I have a theory.

I think originally you were supposed to battle AZ and his Floette either in the post game, or in Z, or something like that. It was going to be a true boss battle, unlike any other we've had. To the extent that he would have his own special Pokémon that the player is never able to even get. Complete with its own special move.

Think about it: AZ has spent literally his entire 3000 year life in search of her. He's in love with her. She came back from the dead to be with him. Why would AZ ever give her away? And there's no way he would be dead, they wouldn't kill off someone in a Pokémon game.
>>
>>26978410
>they wouldn't kill off someone in a Pokémon game
Except they did and in the same game, too

RIP in peace old man. I hope Pidgey made your last days comfortable and happy, at least
>>
>>26978389
The Eternal Flower is the flower it's holding you moron.

They'll distribute it eventually. They have no reason to alter stats and give some signature move for a fucking one off battle.
>>
>>26978410
Or maybe the ending originally had the Az battle after he got Floette back, but they decided that the return of Floette would be a better note to end on. That would explain why the battle felt so strangely pointless.
>>
>>26978445
Keep dreaming. They didn't even give Zygarde a game or explain his relation to the XY box legends
>>
>>26978389
>>26978410
>>26978445
>>26978456
Sun/Moon will have backwards compatibility through Bank, guys. And with Zygarde having some major importance in the games as well, the Floette may be obtainable there and transferrable back to Kalos/Hoenn. They planned this out way in advanced, and the Strange Souvenir proves it. It would be pointless to be just a simple Event Distribution.
>>
>>26978445
Mmkay. Doesn't change the fact it is a story based move. What is the eternal flower? If it's the flower it holds, it needs story exposition then doesn't it? So why would it have a move around that unless it was some story shit. You defeated yourself.
>>
>>26978498
Because the story isn't finished yet?
>>
>>26978517
>Zygarde fags
when will they learn?
>>
File: received_986080798174046.jpg (34 KB, 1132x796) Image search: [Google]
received_986080798174046.jpg
34 KB, 1132x796
>>26978529
You do realize that they literally said Zygarde will have an important role in Sun/Moon at E3, right?
>>
>>26978489
>the Strange Souvenir proves it.
This is the worst meme on /vp/, which is saying a lot.
>>
>>26978498
Sun and Moon isn't out yet. They can cover it in SM the same way they're covering Zygarde in SM. You fags just don't learn.
>>
>>26978389
Don't forget about Lock Capsule in Gen V.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.