[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we finally sort out this meme of gen 4 NOT being the absolute
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1466423419494.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1466423419494.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Can we finally sort out this meme of gen 4 NOT being the absolute best/comfiest generation of all time?
>>
>>26975518
not necessarily the comfiest imo, but it has some of the best looking pokemon.
>>
>>26975518
>comfiest
>best
Choose one and only one. Comfy is just a codeword for fucking boring, nothing to do.

Unova is best region. Would be even better if it had a decent game corner. Kanto is a close second.
>>
>>26975518
Johto is the comfiest and Sinnoh's the best
>>
>>26975539
Comfy means a place that elicits cozy, relaxing feelings. It doesnt mean boring at all. But yes, comfy and best arent synonymous. Johto is the most comfy and Unova is the best.

I mean, Johto is still second best either way.
>>
>>26975753
>Unova is the best

Now that is a shitty opinion.
>>
>>26975518

Comfy maybe Mt. Coronet is awesome but hell no its pokemon are crap
>>
File: 1446424757355.jpg (59 KB, 882x905) Image search: [Google]
1446424757355.jpg
59 KB, 882x905
>>26975518
I'm glad some people were able to enjoy it so much. I always saw it as the lowest point in the series but that's just my shitty opinion
>>
>>26975518
Not comfy at all. I hated it personally, but you're not going to tell me with a straight face that it's comfy. I don't mind people liking it (subjectivd opinions are perfectly fine - I have them, you have them - ) but that's an objectively wrong statement.

Also, yes, I'm a Unovabortion.
>>
>>26975753
ok then
>>
>>26975518
A region isn't good because it's comfy. People's comfiness tastes are different.

When people call a region good because it's comfy it's usually just a cop out
>>
>>26978454
although I think if I were to play it again I'd try to keep an open mind and hopefully I could enjoy it a lot more
>>
>>26975518
Gen 4 did have its flaws but I definitely wouldn't say any of the games were inherently bad. Sinnoh isn't the greatest region of all time but its not really the worst either.

Also apparently opinions are memes now.
>>
>>26978473
>objectively wrong

Elaborate
>>
Gen 4's Pokedex was the most hit or miss. On one hand you have great new families like Drapion, Toxicroak, Garchomp, Abomasnow, and Luxray as well as old families like Gallade, Froslass, and Roserade; but had shit new lines like Wormadam, Purugly, and Hippowdon as well as horrible mons like Lickilicky, Chingling, Bonsly, and Tangrowth.
>>
>>26979716
Absolutely wording that. Also some absolute shit tier pokemons that had some cool looks (especially compared to later gens) I liked Hippowdon though
>>
>>26979716
If you want to talk hit or miss gen 5 is the champ. Hydreigon, Haxorus, Gigalith, Braiviary, and Dewott in the same gen as the Emboar line, Unfezant line, Audino. Alomomola, Basculin, Vanilluxe, and those fucking monkeys.
>>
>>26979893
>fw you don't know any of these
Is it worth it to catch up?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.