[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Gamefreak please go back to giving rivals full, balanced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Blue_team.png (81 KB, 409x315) Image search: [Google]
Blue_team.png
81 KB, 409x315
Will Gamefreak please go back to giving rivals full, balanced teams instead of this "three mons only" bullshit form the later games?
>>
>>26975254
Did you not play ORAS?
>>
>>26975281
That was a remake of an older game that featured full teams for a rival. X/Y are the latest original games, and the rivals are a joke.
>>
>>26975303
The rival uses a full team in Kiloude.
>>
>>26975254
>go back to giving rivals full, balanced teams
>Go back
Are you implying that any rival besides post game Wally had a balanced team?
>>
>>26975254
that's one ugly as fuck Arcanine
>>
>>26975550
Pretty sure he means "balanced" as in well-rounded.

Like Silver for example:
>battles you with four Pokémon in Ecruteak, when you have 3-4 badges
>battles you with five Pokémon in the Underground, when you have 7 badges
>uses a full team in Victory Road

You could argue his teams aren't competitively sound, but that's because it's fucking Pokémon.

Blue fights you 7-8 times, depending on whether you do the optional battle near the start of the game.

>has 1 Pokémon in initial battle
>has 2 Pokémon in optional Route 22 battle
>has 4 Pokémon at Nugget Bridge, where you'd have 1-2 badges
>has 4 Pokémon at the S.S. Anne
>has 5 Pokémon at Lavender Tower, where you'll have 3-4 badges
>has 5 Pokémon at Silph Co.
>has a full team at the second Route 22 battle
>obviously has full team as Champion

And of course Barry is great.

Compare with XY, where 3/4 of your rivals are laughable and the fourth one doesn't reach five Pokémon until Victory Road, never getting a full team until postgame.

The older rivals aren't "hard" but they're much more interesting team-wise.
>>
>>26975994
I still don't see what people like about Barry's team.
I mean
>Only one item on Torterra
>Swarm Heracross
>Swift Swim with nothing that can use Rain dance
>Steel Wing
>Run Away Rapidash
>Leaf Storm Torterra
>>
>>26975254
I want back 5 team Elite Four members
>>
>>26976381
Wait what the fuck. Why do Rapidashes and Heracross' ability change between the 5th and 6th battle?
>>
>>26976626
The player killed his first Rapidash & Heracross, he caught new ones. Barry just didn't care enough about the first ones to get different Pokemon species. Barry is no Blue.
>>
>>26975254
>wants balanced teams
>posts a team with two flying and two psychic types

Yeah, real balanced.
>>
>>26976709
>implying two Psychic-types is bad in Gen 1
>>
>>26975994
>not superior infernape team
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.