[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Friendly reminder that the Vanillite line is a solid Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Friendly reminder that the Vanillite line is a solid Pokemon design that people hate just because their favorite Poketuber memed about "m-muh inanimate objects!!!!" when it was first discovered.
>>
>>26973003
This. It's just a ice cream, but it's executed well.
>>
Nothing against the two first one.
It's just my opininion, but I don't really like Vanilluxe because it's a double "copypasta" (à la Magneton) of Vanillish.
Magneton and Dugtrio is enough. (Hello Klang and KlingKlang...)
Doing again that design choice seems to me really too easy, boring and uneappeling.

The same applies to genies (no therian) and elemental monkeys.
>>
I really didn't like them when they came out. Its only recently when I used one and realized they're based on stalactites that I just started looking them
>>
File: vanillord.png (44 KB, 473x408) Image search: [Google]
vanillord.png
44 KB, 473x408
>>26973003
An ice-type being based on ice cream makes complete sense, but the designs they used don't justify a three-stage line (same goes for the Klinklang line, which commits the exact same design mistakes), and Vanilluxe is awful both because it does the whole "several Pokemon in one" thing that nobody likes (Exeggcute and Binacle are hated for the same reason), and also because the design tries way too hard to mimic the shape of ice cream to the point of the Pokemon not making sense as a living being.

The straw leaking cold gas just looks like a sad birth defect due to its random and assymetrical placement, which isn't helped by the Pokemon being a siamese twin that drools and grins like a retard to begin with. Had the straw been some kind of forehead horn or used as arm cannons instead, the design would have appealed to a lot more people, since that would make it come off as a credible fighting ice cream rather than just a silly abomination.
>>
The pokemon themselves aren't even ice creams. They're bodies of ice. They just use their snow to take the forms of ice cream
>>
>>26973003
Friendly reminder this is just b8
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.