[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will GF fix the ice type?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: 1467005548775.jpg (12 KB, 174x186) Image search: [Google]
1467005548775.jpg
12 KB, 174x186
Will GF fix the ice type?
>>
>inb4 plop
>>
>>26972118
I demand an explanation.
>>
plop
>>
>>26972170
This >>26972130 is all you're getting, use it wisely
>>
>>26972118
Made it resistent to Water, Fairy and maybe Grass.
>>
いいえ
>>
>>26972118
ice's current status would have been prevented by taking away ice moves from most water pokemon
>>
make condorito a pokemon pls
>>
File: angry virizion.png (127 KB, 604x388) Image search: [Google]
angry virizion.png
127 KB, 604x388
>>26973507
>Lets fuck grass over even more
Is there a way for other types to be boosted that does NOT fuck up the shittiest type of them all?
>>
The best way to buff Ice type is to make some offensive Ice Pokemon worth using. That means high speed, decent ability that doesn't need hail and a good move pool. Enough with slow Ice types.
>>
Make it resist fairy, water, dark and dragon. Fixed.
>>
File: Wha.png (224 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Wha.png
224 KB, 500x500
>>26973679
>resist dark
The reasoning behind that being...?
>>
>>26973585
Ice is way shittier of a type then grass

Literally no pokemon wants to be ice type. None. Not even for stab moves. The type has one resistance

One resistance

To what type you may ask. Fucking Ice.

The trade off for this is that you get the super common weaknessses of fire and fighting, weak to stealth rocks and steel.

>b-but ice is supposed to be fragile cause its like an offensive type or something

Meanwhile literal fire type has 6 resistances which is even more than rock
>>
File: tantrum-07-10-15-article-[1].jpg (422 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
tantrum-07-10-15-article-[1].jpg
422 KB, 660x660
>>26973679
no muh edgy types!!!!
>>
>>26973722
Dark spam is one the biggest offensive threats. Lore wise, make a cool heart resist the darkness or some shit.
>>
>>26973752
Ice resists ice

lel
>>
>>26972118
the type doesn't mean fixing
their fucking brain dead team that makes every ice types slow defensive mons should to be taken out back and given a bullet to the head

the pokemon are a bigger issue than the type itself
>>
File: Poor venus fly trap.png (24 KB, 449x331) Image search: [Google]
Poor venus fly trap.png
24 KB, 449x331
>>26973734
Fire and fighting are deadly weaknesses, I agree, but you even said it yourself, its an offensive type, and it can take out so many good types like dragon, flying and ground.

On the other hand, grass is resisted by 7 types, almost half the total types, and it has 5 weaknesses. Its not like it even beats many types, just three, and only 2 are decent advantages in water and ground. Defensively it only resists itself, ground, water and electric, only two of those are usable

>>26973754
>I don't like knock off, so lets make ice good against it

As if with all the types now resisting and beating dark its even safe to do dark spam. The only issue it brings is losing your item, and its not like resisting it saves you from that.
>>
Make it resist:

>Flying
>Ground
>Water

Maybe Fairy too. No reason to fuck Dragons even more since they are only super effective against themselves and poor Grass doesn't deserve to be even worse.
>>
>>26973810
My problem with ice type is yeah it's a good offensive type but no pokemon ACTUALLY wants to be an ice type

Since most pokemon have access to ice beam or something then there's no good reason to want to butcher your defenses just to get a small boost on a move.

It's stupid the way it is currently. You could easily throw ice a few resistances and it would still be bad but at least it would have it's own niche.
>>
>>26973849
The ice type give the pokemon stab on ice moves and can often guarantee very good moves. If weavile wasn't ice type, it wouldn't get ice punch, or ice shard (maybe icicle crash, but I'm not sure), and it would limit it greatly, mamoswine would also lose ice shard, making it inferior. You're right it needs a buff, but you don't need to fuck up grass even more in the process. Maybe make it resist ground since that type already hits 5 types for SE and only has 3 weaknesses
>>
>>26973812
>No reason to fuck Dragons even more
dragon never got fucked in the first place mate
>>
File: _Plop_404.jpg (351 KB, 980x1600) Image search: [Google]
_Plop_404.jpg
351 KB, 980x1600
>>26972118
>>26972130
>>
>>26973896
/thread
>>
>>26972118
You mean one of the best offensive t ypings in the game? It's not broken, it doesn't need to be fixed
>>
>>26973889
>Fairy
>>
>>26972118
They need to fix Fairy. Make it neutral against Dark and make Bug super effective against it. It needs more weaknesses and less strengths.
>>
>>26973679
>Make it resist fairy and water

fixed
>>
>tfw no condor Pokémon
>>
>>26972118
They should at least make Ice resist Flying. Maybe also Poison? Speaking of Poison, it should be good against Bug.
>>
>>26974060
>wanting to buff dark types again
Fuck off
>>
>>26977568
bug doesn't need another weakness. it's already weak to flying in a brave bird meta, and it's got a weakness to discrete diamonds.
>>
Coné evolves into Condorito
>>
>>26977964
wtf is discrete diamonds. it sounds like some code word for having a raging erection hidden in your pants.
>>
>Ice gains resistance to Water, Dragon and Flying

>Grass' Flying weakness is nerfed to neutral damage and gains Fairy resistance because harmony with nature or something
>>
>>26973924
>best offensive typing in the game
>almost exclusively made up of slow, "tank" mons
>water types get access to all of its good moves without having to be saddled with the crippling weaknesses
>>
sneaky icicles

fixed
>>
>>26973924

The problem is that the majority are walls nobody asked for

Ice is a garbage type defensively and they keep giving it to us

Gen 6 literally gave us just Avalugg and Aururus both of them being walls
>>
>>26978336
>water type distribution like ice beam
wew
e
w
>>
File: pebbles.png (34 KB, 834x600) Image search: [Google]
pebbles.png
34 KB, 834x600
>>26978242
Stealth Rocks bud
>>
>>26973507
>>26973932
dont fucked dragon at all
>>
>>26974060
dark dont need a buff bug being SE against fairy made no sense
>>
File: 8064047_orig.png (136 KB, 450x451) Image search: [Google]
8064047_orig.png
136 KB, 450x451
>>26973812
This
Since Gamefreak loves making Ice-type walls for some reason, this would make like half of all ice types more viable in comp.

>tfw when pic related is actually viable now
>>
File: 1432418950742.jpg (40 KB, 371x443) Image search: [Google]
1432418950742.jpg
40 KB, 371x443
Stop thinking Ice is the worst type because of its shit defenses.

Nobody thought Steel was the worst type in gen V because of its shit offensive capabilities.

The problem is the lack of fast Ice-types. Weavile and Kyurem-Black are disgustingly powerful and you think that Ice is in need of a fucking buff?

The worst type in the game is BUG. It's resisted by EIGHT! FUCKING! TYPES! The only good Bug-types are good because of other factors that have nothing to do with being Bug-type! Uber-stats and an extremely huge movepool, STAB Technician BP and STAB momentum (U-Turn isn't useful because it's Bug-type, it's useful because it's a move that gives you momentum and has no immunities. If it was any other type that had no immunities - say, Dark - it would be used just as much), a move that boosts three stats at once, Speed Boost. Remove those traits from those Bugs and they're straight to RU at best. Outclassed defensively by Flying and does nothing notable offensively, most powerful moves are 80BP and one that misses half of the time with terrible distribution among its own typing, worst BSTs among its fully evolved Pokémon, weak to Stealth Rock.

I'm tired of uninformed /vp/ anons who think that the vast amount of shitty Ice types means that Ice the worst type. It's not. It just doesn't have any Pokémon that are good. Weavile is one of the only examples of Ice-types done right. The type is fine, the available Pokémon are the problem.
>>
>>26972118
It just needs to resist water and flying. Also I never thought I'd see Condorito here
>>
>>26978833
>Saying the ice type is good, just their stats aren't distributed right.
>One of the reasons the bug type is bad is because they have low BSTs
Anon??

First of all it isn't 8 types that resist them, it's SEVEN! FUCKING! TYPES! and there are still plenty good moves you didn't mention. Bug buzz is 90 bp and ignores subs at the cost of losing to a niche ability, mega horn is basically bug fire blast but 10 points stronger, there is sticky web, tail glow (though no good bug that learns it can abuse it) and skill link pin missile. Compound eyes+sleep powder is a trait unique to bug types and lets bugs set up with ease. Tinted lens also says fuck you to those 7 resists, It's also mostly bug exclusive and is pretty strong combined with choice items or boosts.

I'm tired of uninformed /vp/ anons who think that the vast amount of shitty Bug types means that Bug is the worst type. It's not. It just doesn't have any Pokémon that are good. Scizor, Heracross, Scolipede, Gavantula, Volcarona, Yanmega, Mega-Pinsir, Mega Beedrill, and Durant are some examples of Bug-types done right. The type is fine, the available Pokémon are the problem.
>>
>>26978833
>The only good Bug-types are good because of other factors that have nothing to do with being Bug-type! Uber-stats and an extremely huge movepool

So Ice types are only good because of other factors that have nothing to do with being Ice-type? Uber-stats and an extremely good coverage otherwise known as Kyurem-Black and Weavile.
>>
>>26972118
Thanks for the rare Coné, anon.
>>
>>26978842
That´s Coné you pleb
>>
>>26979234
I got the number wrong, big deal. Seven is still more than any other type in the game.

>Galvantula
>Yanmega
>Good
Please. Even if you're an anti-Smogonfag those are hardly good Pokémon.

I already listed why Scizor, Scolipede, and Volcarona don't count. Read before you copy paste, it doesn't work.

>Heracross
It's shit without its Fighting STAB.
>Mega Pinsir
Never ever runs Bug STAB. Bug typing hurts it more than helps it.
>Mega Beedrill
Same case as Scizor.
>Durant
Literally RU

CompoundEyes + Sleep Powder is available on, what, three Pokémon? All of which are garbage. You're running those two moves, Quiver Dance, and then you get one STAB move! Vivillon is the only mon that can actually use it to some effect and guess what? It doesn't run Bug STAB!

>Tinted Lens says fuck you to resists
Only one Pokémon uses it and it's better off running Speed Boost. Venomoth uses it sometimes but it's still shit!

>Bug Buzz is 90 BP and ignores subs
It's still weak because of the fucking resistances. The fact that it ignores subs doesn't help it that much. Good job checking SubSeed Whimsicott?

>Megahorn is a stronger Bug-type Fire Blast
With a fraction of the distribution!

>>26979371
No, Weavile and KyuB are good BECAUSE they can actually abuse their STAB. There's a reason Ice is the most preferred coverage type, STAB Ice Beam is what sent Greninja to Ubers. Weavile doesn't have the coverage of the mon I was referring to (Genesect).
>>
How do you buff Ice-type without making the handful of Ice-types that aren't cold garbage completely obscene?
>>
>>26979504

Serious question by the way. I could also ask the same about Psychic, which would be even trickier to rebalance because of the plethora of Psychic legendaries.
>>
The only type I can think of that is relatively impossible to balance is Steel. It's not good offensively but it has so many resistances, few of which are easy to explain away if there is the desire to remove any.
>>
>>26979611
And before anyone says it's fine because it's weak to the main attacking types, in a balanced type system, Ground, Fire, and Fighting wouldn't be as unanimously favored as attack types, so the point is moot.
>>
>>26978833
>remove all the things that make bug good and it'll be bad

You don't say?
>>
>>26979449
>I got the number wrong, big deal. Seven is still more than any other type in the game.

No, I know, I wasn't trying to make any point with that, just letting you know it's 7 not 8.

Scizor, Scolipede, and Volcarona don't count as a case for bug types not being bad but Weavile and Kyurem-Black count as a case for ice being good?

Heracross is good because bug/fighting is a great offensive typing

How even is mega pinsir hurt by its bug typing if it doesn't use any bug attacks? Doesn't have to worry about those 7 resists, and gets 3 resists(one being ground so basically 2) for 3 weaknesses, quad resists fighting which is great and grass which is decent, I mean quad SR weakness sucks, but you can build around that.
If mega Beedrill doesn't count than Weavile doesn't count.

Technically you can't use Durant in RU lol

Compound Eyes isn't a move, so you get 2 attacks which is plenty to work with especially if used late game. Yeah I wish More pokemon had Compound Eyes, so much potential.

Hey Tinted lens Specs Yanmega is godlike.

Yeah i just pointed out that there was a generic bug move stronger than 80 bp, and sub immunity shouldn't be overlooked its a pretty good effect way better than lets say a 10% chance to burn.

>With a fraction of the distribution!
Yeah, good point but to be fair you have to have horns in order to learn it.

>No, Weavile and KyuB are good BECAUSE they can actually abuse their STAB. There's a reason Ice is the most preferred coverage type, STAB Ice Beam is what sent Greninja to Ubers. Weavile doesn't have the coverage of the mon I was referring to (Genesect).

Same case can be said about the bug mons you said dont count. Literally good mons with good stats and all enjoy bug stab(except pinsir!) And I know you weren't referring to Weavile, but Weavile has crazy good coverage with just his stab.
Ice is the type that is good to have a move of and not the type, it was good on greninja because he didn't have to stay ice.
>>
>>26972118
Coné
Type: Normal/Dark
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Prankster
Moves:
- Peck
- Confide
- Play Nice
- Acrobatics
>>
>>26979611
Even then, steel is STILL too good offensively. For all those resistances, it needs more drawbacks.
More things need to resist steel than resist bug.
>>
>>26978833
>Nobody thought Steel was the worst type in gen V because of its shit offensive capabilities.
steels "shit offensive capabilities" aren't even that shit compared to other things you fucking imbecile.

Put it next to grass and bug.
>7 things resist bug
>7 things resist grass
>4 things resist steel
And that's not even the worst of it, nothing is immune to steel unlike grass, or the actual worst offensive type in the game, poison.
>4 incredibly common types resist poison, one omnipresent type is immune to it.

Steelfags everyone.

Steel needs more than a slight defensive nerf, it needs to be poison+bug tier offensively.
>>
File: 1467681105171.png (1 MB, 2339x2192) Image search: [Google]
1467681105171.png
1 MB, 2339x2192
>>26979449
You already lost. He checked every point you had, get over it.
>>
>Expecting SuMo to add great ice types.
>>
>>26977476
mandibuzz and articuno are not enough?
>>
>Hi I'm John Gamefreak and welcome to Patch 7.1, the Sun and Moon patch.
>Among other things, including all the new Pokemon, we decided that Stealth Rock was having too strong of an affect on competitive players after paying close attention to our league matches. We decided to nerf Stealth Rock as a result.

>Stealth Rock
Based on resistance 3.0625%/6.125%/12.5%/25%/50% -> 1.0625%/3.125%/7.5%/15%/30% max health damage

Does this fix a few ice types while quietly pushing smogonbird into smogon ubers
>>
>>26983603
>affect
>not effect
I failed at policing my own grammar. I have failed at me.
>>
>>26972118
Masuda had a really bad day in the snow when he was a child.

Ice will never be fixed.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.