[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Pokemon has always been this easy bro, you just got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: 412piKhx5EL._SY300_.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
412piKhx5EL._SY300_.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
>"Pokemon has always been this easy bro, you just got older and better at the series"
>Replay SoulSilver recently, the last Pokemon game I played before that was OmegaRuby
>I actually had a bit of trouble with the rivals Meganium and a few of the gym leaders
>In ORAS I never even had one Pokemon in my team faint throughout the entire game
>Even in a no-EXP share nuzlocke, I had an easier time with ORAS than with vanilla playthrough HGSS
Which one of you fuckers keeps pushing this meme? Pokemon has never been "hard" but to say it doesn't get easier each generation is just a straight-up fucking lie.
>>
ORAS is essentially the same as RS from the 4th gym on if you disable exp share.
GS had a wonky level curve that remains in HGSS, so they're harder.

A better comparison would be XY.
>>
>>26969659
Gen VI being the easiest is pretty much agreed on, the only ones denying that are the Kalosperms, but it's really easy to prove them wrong
>>
It's all a matter of the pokémon you use imo, I had a run of Y where I almost wiped to Lysandre's Gyarados because of a Play Rough miss, and then it proceeded to flinch/2hko my whole team until my Beartic managed to tank an Iron Head with almost no health and finish it off with Superpower, since the rest of the team was pretty terrible
>>
>>26969679
Yo, what was your team?
>>
>>26969679
>It's all a matter of the pokémon you use imo

> I almost wiped to Lysandre's Gyarados because of a Play Rough miss, and then it proceeded to flinch/2hko my whole team
You just described a situation where it wasn't a matter of the pokemon you used
>>
>>26969702
>the rest of the team was pretty terrible
>>
>>26969702
Yeah, because there isn't an ability that prevents flinching.
>>
>>26969718
You think he should have built his team around being flinch haxed
>>
>>26969702
Well desu the Play Rough probably wouldn't have killed but it would've made my life easier. I'd still would've gotten mostly swept and Beartic would've saved the day. Iirc the team was Roserade with a shit nature that I'd never noticed who had already died earlier, Frogadier, Mawile, Beartic, Golurk (MVP but slow as shit) and Noivern which I didn't have at the time.
>>
>>26969745
Dude, sometimes, in a regular run, it can happen to you to have a mon that is completely broken in a given situation for no apparent reason.
>>
HGSS only seems hard because the fucked level curve
>>
>>26969659
Lots of grinding needed because of a vast level difference in wild pokemon to trainers does not equal hard
>>
>>26969659
>I actually had a bit of trouble with the rivals Meganium
All post confirmed bait.
>>
Gen 1/2 games were easy mode back in the day if the stars aligned and one of your friends had a link cable. Traded pokemon with boosted EXP was THE easymode switch.

Now you have Exp All, Lucky Eggs, and wondertrade. Just fucking remove or revert all three.
>>
File: noxp hgss lance.jpg (573 KB, 1151x863) Image search: [Google]
noxp hgss lance.jpg
573 KB, 1151x863
A while back I disproved this meme by doing runs of Emerald, Leafgreen and Soulsilver up to the Champion while getting no xp from wild Pokemon, to simulate what a playthrough without any grinding would be like. Soulsilver and Emerald were extremely challenging and I didn't have enough xp to distribute beyond 4 Pokemon for SS, while FRLG was mostly easy but I only had xp for 5 pokemon.

Compare this to a run of XY, which is balanced around the XP share, and you're going to have a far easier time. Hell, aside from maybe Diantha and Lysandre, I can't imagine anyone in XY being at all challenging.

So yes, Pokemon games might never have been particularly hard, but they definitely were harder than the shit we get today.
>>
>>26969659
the amount of masuda dick suckers gen 7 is bringing in is truly worrying
you pretty much can't have a negative opinion of ANYTHING about the glorious perfect new gens without getting a thread full of children crying about it
>>
>>26970351
I honestly think they should work on making the AI better but keeping you on par level wise. Because games like HGSS and RBY require you to either grind or rely on the AI being dumb as a brick and still win easily with your underleveled shitmons.
HGSS and Emerald being more "difficult" isn't a good thing if it's just a matter of being underleveled imo
>>
>>26970351
If anything reaching the champion with that pathetic team means they weren't challenging at all.
>>
File: 1387916031562.png (114 KB, 222x206) Image search: [Google]
1387916031562.png
114 KB, 222x206
>Having trouble with Meganium
>Under any circumstances
>>
Pokemon is always easy.
>>
>>26970385
I had to play and plan like a motherfucker to do it. I had to calculate exactly how much SPATK Kingdra would need to OHKO Lance's Dragonite with an unboosted Blizzard, while using choice scarf on it so it didn't get blown up before it could do anything. Because no grinding allowed, I had to stick xp share on it throughout the E4 and pray I had enough by the time I hit Lance or I would have been fucked. This is not something a casual player would be capable of, which makes it difficult enough for this purpose.

>>26970376
Pretty much. Champions and other strong enemies should be able to predict your moves and act accordingly once in a while, at least.
>>
>>26970414
Cynthia's pretty rough
>>
>>26970390
I can vouch for this, actually. When you vs. him in Azalea town that thing spams Synthesis like crazy, and if you've gotten up to that point without something that can kill it quickly you're in for a long, annoying battle
>>
You had trouble with the rivals... Meganium?
>>
File: 1410375948005.png (143 KB, 342x423) Image search: [Google]
1410375948005.png
143 KB, 342x423
>>26970435
CYnthia felt like a threat but not enough to lose 2-3 times to.

mfw people think Blue is a better champion than Cynthia
>>
>>26970434
>This is not something a casual player would be capable of, which makes it difficult enough for this purpose.
Yeah ok but you still beat the game with a pathetic team. That means it's not hard if it can be done even by lower leveled shitmons.
>>
>>26970486
>he only had to do extensive research and calculations drawn from experience from a decade of playing with this series of games and other people playing on a skill level never intended by the developers, it isn't hard!111!!
>>
>>26970504
Fact stands that if he managed to beat the game with a shittier and lower leveled team than the normal's player team it means the game is not hard for the normal player.
>>
>>26970621
>Dark Souls can be beaten with a level 1 character, it isn't hard!11!
>Ninja Gaiden can be beaten without upgrades, it isn't hard!
>>
>>26970652
>this game is hard i swear!
>here i beat it with weaker character this means it's hard! see? see?
>>
Pokemon learn more powerful moves earlier and have better move distribution
More TMs, especially unlimited TMs
More hand outs and shit
Other forms of power creep like early mons having better stats
>>
>>26969659
Why do you fuckers keep pushing this 'pokemon should be harder' meme? It's a fucking turn based game when have they ever been hard outside of grinding numbers?

HGSS had a shit level curve which was the only reason it was slightly more difficult than other entries. Replayed platinum, no problems. Replayed W2, no issues. The games assume you're an idiot kid who can't read or use basic common sense because fuck Masuda.
>>
>>26970737
Gen 1 has more handouts than XY. ORAS's handouts that aren't in RSE are only given in the postgame.
>>
>>26970744
>Pokemon is literally the only turn-based game I've played
>>
>>26970744
I just want a difficulty setting.

We got i one in BW iirc. Why not in the new games?
>>
>>26970761
>Gen 1
>Eevee
>Lapras

>XY
>Kanto Starter
>Lucario
>Lapras
>the fucktton of poople giving you powerful, reusuable TMS

These aren't necessarily bad if the game was balanced around a stronger player, but they aren't.
>>
>>26969659
The games have been getting way easier. I played through FireRed not too long ago, and for the E4 I had to keep full restores and revives in order to get through it.

During XY I literally blew past through the E4 with a Tyranitar I got through WT without having to heal.
>>
>>26970351
During a Nuzlocke with an incredibly shit team, I did notice that some of the random trainers in XY had oddly competent AI and custom sets, starting from very early in the game. Of course, the way the game is balanced, no one would ever notice that some Battle Girl in Reflecting Cave was packing a Hawlucha with a diverse moveset and SE coverage on nearly everything during a normal playthrough.
It's weird. Effort was put into parts of the game that virtually no one would ever notice, like what happens when you ride the Lumicab without enough money to pay the fare.
>>
>>26970801
Any fucking game is easy if you got a super powerful tool to blow through it with. That's a horrible example.
>>
>>26970843
I'm poor and I only had the game as a rental for a few days but that girl was easily the most challenging battle for me, swept my team twice
>>
>>26970781
>ALL starters in yellow
>hitmon
Not mentioning the helpful TMs you can get infinitely in Celadon.
>>
>>26970801
>i destroyed the E4 with a traded Tyranitar am i good yet guise
Fuck off retard. Starmie alone decimates all of Fire Red.
>>
>>26969679
>Do mono grass type run in xy
>Delphox sweeps my whole team
>Lysandre destroys me completely with ice fang and acrobatics
>>
>>26970896
nigger a Raticate alone decimates all of Fire Red
>>
>>26970880
>counting Yellow

It was just a special edition to follow up in the animu's success.

And no, you couldn't get the TMs infinitely in Celadon, unless you mean the game corner you need fucktons of money or luck for.
>>
>>26970917
>It was just a special edition to follow up in the animu's success.
It is a game that exists. It didn't stopped existing for this thread.

>unless you mean the game corner you need fucktons of money or luck for.
Money is not a problem in RBY and you don't particularly need it until the E4.

Also what kind of TMs are you talking about, even? XY doesn'tstart giving you good TMs until you reach Anistar City, and that's 6 gyms into the game, what they give you earlier is shit like Flash, Venoshock or Sunny Day. Unless you're talking about what the gym leaders give to you, in which case we're done here.

>>26970904
Not as bad as Starmie.
>>
I think N/Ghetsis in Black and White was ideal difficulty for the Champion/Evil Leader. Hell the difficulty in Black and White was pretty good in general, I have no idea why they scrapped it.

The difficulty in XY is, along with the pacing, utterly bizarre. The difficulty is standard Pokemon until after the first gym. Then there's a bizarre gap between gyms which takes up a third of the game until you reach the second gym, after which the difficulty and Pokemon levels spike bizarrely high and then level out to become ridiculously easy. I swept most of Lysandre's team with a Trevenant which shouldn't happen at all.

As for the Champion, she was a complete fucking joke.
>>
>>26970761
>Free Lati mid-game
>Free Megastones for your starter (and half of your team) after 6th gym
>Non-Hoenn pokemon available before 8th gym
>Dexnav in general
>>
>>26971580
don't forget everyone near launch got a free mega metagross via event
>>
>>26971580
Naming things that don't have anything to do with that post don't make that post any less true.
>>
ORAS is absolutely harder than HGSS. You're just retarded.
>>
>>26969673
The levels and amount of mons are nerfed.
>>
>>26969659
They don't get easier you retard, the actual drop in difficulty happened in Gen6.
>>
>>26971710
By all means, explain in what ways ORAS is more difficult in it's campaign than HGSS is.
>>
>>26971710
>exp share
>faster level up
>trainers only have 3 pokemon at maximum
>loads of free handouts
>mega evolution
You could disable the exp share and do a run without mega evolution, but the other shit is unavoidable.
>>
>>26971725
?
>>
>>26971710
Nice meme

I nuzlockes it too and found it easy
>>
>>26971832
>>trainers only have 3 pokemon at maximum
>>loads of free handouts
Those are a problem with RSE too you know.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.