[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 617x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 617x274
What did you guys think of it?
>>
mediocre
>>
Outstanding
>>
It's good, but I have a lot of nitpicky problems with the presentation and story and such that make it so I'd rather just go back to Crystal.
>>
Shitty level curve, but otherwise not a bad game
>>
File: 106g4dd.jpg (9 KB, 324x270) Image search: [Google]
106g4dd.jpg
9 KB, 324x270
>same level curve as GSC
>butchered music

S.mh/10.
>>
>>26967566
What was so bad about the music?
>>
>>26967507
objectivley best
>>
>>26967507
It's incredibly overrated.
It's only loved now people use it as an example of ORAS being underwhelming, when in reality ORAS is objectively better than the original Ruby and Sapphire and added god-tier mechanics like the Dexnav and Soaring.
>>
Thinking about going back to it after attempting to replay Y. The only flaws about this game were the altered GB player sounds and the shitty gen 4 engine that runs at 30 fps.
>>
Best games content wise. Slightly better than 5th gen with 4th gen DPPT at 3rd.
>>
>>26967585
People have adored it since release.
>>
>>26967507
Overrated as fuck.
>>
>>26967507
pretty great aside from the wierd level curve for gyms 5-7 and parts of kanto, best remake so far
>>
>>26967507
Loved it. Not perfect, but I could have my Luxray follow me around and I liked the Pokeathalon. I also just really like Johto.
>>
>>26967507
Current best remakes. They took the best parts of the games they were remakes of, and added on to it. Nothing was removed without getting something better in its place, and extra goodies were heaped on with abundance. Some of the original flaws were still present, but most were at least slightly rectified. (The Safari Zone had decently leveled pokemon, which helped combat the level curve, for instance.)
It seemed a bit easier at first, since the updated mechanics made more shitmons viable, but the difficulty ramped right up at the E4, and Red.

My only real complaint is the Whitney nerf, and a few of the updated soundtracks weren't as good, along with the Game Boy Sounds item needing to be given out like, fucking instantly.

Overall a masterpiece, and the example that should have been followed when making ORAS, as well as in the future for other remakes.
>>
>>26967507
great but not literally perfect like people say it is
>>
>>26967585
You think people only loved HGSS as of 1 year ago?

>>26967665
>Whitney Nerf
>Nerf
Man, she kicked my ass a few days ago. Was she seriously harder? I don't remember exactly what happened back when I played Crystal.
>>
Really enjoyed these games

I like all the little details like getting near to the ocean and hearing the waves
Taking pictures with your pokemon and seeing your team evolve along your adventure
Gym leaders going outside the gyms so it seems they actually have a life and not just live inside their gyms
Things like that

Pokeathlon was fun, too.

Also i'd have preferred if they locked you out of the other path once you chose either going for Olivine or Mahogany and then after finishing it escalating the remaining trainers' pokemon based on your strongest pokemon but it's not such a big deal to me.
>>
Honestly, I tried to play through HGSS a few times, and each time I got to Victory Road, I would just stop playing. I really wanted to like it but for some reason I just couldn't.
>>
>>26967574
Nothing. /vp/ just likes to bitch.
>>
>>26967585
>implying it wasn't a huge hit since release
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>26967574
Updated tracks are more rearranged rather than straight updated like FRLG or ORAS which people may or may not like, personally I don't like many instrument choices for the updates, and the GB Sounds music doesn't have the exact same soundfonts as the original which defeats the whole point of a throwback

Also some of the music cues aren't the same as the original like Mt. Moon Square
>>
>>26967507
Worse than the originals.
>>
>>26967574
It was remixed as fuck. Many useless instruments or melody alterations which made the music shit.
>>
>>26967717
Yeah, her Miltank is a harbinger of death now, but she could destroy entire planets in Crystal.
>>
>>26967507
Only pokemon game Ive played through so many times I cant remember, tied with gen 5 with gen 4 being second. This is in my latest memory though and Im sure Ive played through all the games a lot. But hgss and gen 5 stand out to.
>>
>>26967717
>>26968023
I never found Whitney hard. Why do people find her hard? Might be because I started with Totodile.

Couldn't you get a trade-Machop in Goldenrod anyway?
>>
>>26968032
She isn't actually all that hard. I beat her with a Pineco.
>>
>>26968044
How? Self-destruct?
>>
It was fun until I had to grind for moves because the curve is awful.
>>
I am replaying it right now. Doing yet another solo run because the level curve sucks so much. Where is the exp. all when you need it?

Other than that it is a really great game!
>>
>All the fucking 2nd gen pokes are caught in Kanto
>at level 20

Other than that pretty good.
>>
HG/SS REMAKES WHEN?
>>
>>26967574
The normal trainer battle switches instruments every fucking second and the pacing slows to a crawl, its horrendous. It has some god tier music but also some truly obnoxious battle themes.
>>
>>26968536
I'd rather have G/S/C on virtual console desu
>>
>>26967507
Good but overrated.

The gen 4 engine sucks.
>>
>>26968555
This.

And Stadium/Stadium 2, while we're at it.
With some goddamn WiFi support.
>>
>>26967566
Couldn't you just pick the GB sounds?
>>
>>26968757
It's better than the gen 2 engine
>>
>>26968032
Nobody uses a Machop when you cant trade-evolve him into Machamp
>>
>>26968032
I assume the people who find her hard never traded for the machop. I never catch a Pokemon only for one gym

Either way, she was the only leader that pretty much had a counter for everything I did.

Well, her and Tate and Liza in Emerald
>>
>>26967507
Liked it because of nostalgia and still best region for me, but it's a normal game, nothing special, nothing shitty.
>>
>>26967507
I like it, one of my favourites.

However I don't understand why some of the new cross gen Johto evos are unobtainable till post game.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.