[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokémon is very dishonest to Bug Types
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: BUG TYPE.png (22 KB, 385x534) Image search: [Google]
BUG TYPE.png
22 KB, 385x534
Pokémon is very dishonest to Bug Types
>>
they really should have made bug resist fairy instead of the reverse
>>
they must take out fairy, ghost and poison resistances
>>
>>26966117
Fighting, Fairy and Ghost resistances are bullshit.
Fire, Flying, Poison and Steel are reasonable and balanced.

I hope to heavens some day they'll rectify this. Bugs deserve love.
>>
>>26966555
Well Fighting resists Bug as well since in Japan, both Bug & Fighting are considered to be the "hero" types, with Bug as the Kamen Riders and Fighting as honorable martial artists. So they're not very effective against each other because of the logic "good vs good doesn't make sense." It's why both types are also super effective against Dark as well. I do agree that the Ghost & Fairy resistances need to GTFO though. Hell, Bug should be able to resist Dark at least.

But hey, at least Bug's don't have it as bad as Ice types do.
>>
why did they fuck over poison offensively?
>>
>>26966608
Ice is god tier offensively. It's just shit because
>slow bulky ice type
If it had more Weaviles and less Avaluggs it would be just fine.
>>
>>26966654
Okay yeah, that's true. I seriously think at this point GameFreak's too scared to make Ice types great again after how OP their attacks were in gen one. Same reason why Psychic's also gonna be a shit type forever since GameFreak doesn't understand balance.
>>
Ice at least gets the rape the Psuedo almost every gen. How many of them had 4x weakness to it?
>>
>>26966117
I like bug and I'm ok with this. It is in a bugs nature to overcome its weaknesses and triumph. If bugs were fairly matched it wouldn't be as satisfying to play them. This is speaking non-competitively speaking of course. I don't have a competitive logic board installed so competitive players never make sense to me.
>>
You are retarded if you think bug type needs a buff. There's just too many good bug mons out there.

Imagine they made scizor any better. Or gave beedrill less resistances. Or pinsir. Or volcarona. Or heracross. Hell, even scolipede.

Bug does not need any kind of buffs. Neither do rock or ice, otherwise any potential pokemon that use the typing effectively would become way overpowered. imagine weavile if water didn't resist ice. Imagine tyrantrum if ground didn't resist rock. Etc.

>>26966642
They didn't. Poison is good.

>>26966675
>Psychic is bad
>bug needs a buff
I will never understand /vp/ logic.
>>
File: 1461103883640.png (7 KB, 511x503) Image search: [Google]
1461103883640.png
7 KB, 511x503
>Yanmega has the highest HP of any Bug-type Pokemon.
>At 86.

Super beefy bug when?
>>
File: Good Job.png (333 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
Good Job.png
333 KB, 500x581
>>26966720
Okay Masuda
>>
>>26966720
The same could be said for any SHITTY type like Ice or Grass.
Meanwhile fucking Fairies rampage as they please, Steels wall everything that's not Fire and Fightings have fucking FIVE super effective match-ups.

It's simply retarded how shit Bug and Ice have it.

Reminder that Grass has the saving grace of being super effective against the most numerous group of pokémon.

>>26966608
They sure love to shat on their Bug heroes then.
>>
>>26967102

Grass-type makes up for it by having an excellent variety of status/recovery moves.
>>
I think bug type is fine as it is.
>>
>>26966720
>Imagine they made scizor any better. Or gave beedrill less resistances. Or pinsir. Or volcarona. Or heracross. Hell, even scolipede.

oh, shit, you mean, they would be... viable? as many others pokemon?
>>
>>26967127
>Grass-type makes up for it by having an excellent variety of status/recovery moves.
Which very few of them actually learn.
>>
>>26967158
But they are viable now, what are you smoking?
>>
>>26967275
This. Bug type is fine. Everyone thinking otherwise is just memeing.
>>
>>26967158
Are you retarded?
>>
>>26966720
>Imagine they made scizor any better. Or gave beedrill less resistances. Or pinsir. Or volcarona. Or heracross. Hell, even scolipede.
Most of these rely on broken abilities and their secondary STABs because bug is just complete shit offensively. Bugs need extra minmaxing to be worthwhile, not even ice-types need this much minmax.
>>
>>26966117
>only type in the game to resist fighting, grass and ground except for Flying and all the other pokemon who resist those three types
>bad

how can people even think this
>>
File: 103_700.jpg (183 KB, 700x599) Image search: [Google]
103_700.jpg
183 KB, 700x599
>Tfw putting two of the worst types together.
>>
>>26966654
Ice is good offensivly I will give you that, but its offensive power does not warrent its absolute dreadful resistances. The only thing that sticks out for Ice types that gives it that "godly coverage" status is Dragon, and this was a choice made back in 1st gen. When there was literally one dragon in the game who you could only really battle right near the end. So the entire type was fucked over resistance wise because of a single pokemon who didnt even get a real dragon move. They didnt even fix the issue in 2nd gen, where they once again only had 1 dragon type added, and it was a WATER/Dragon. Which meant Ice only did neutral which was just about as good as using mostly any attack really.

And as much as I understand the complaint of bulky ice types, I feel the argument that ice should ONLY focus on being fast speedy attackers is pretty bland. Ice shouldent be so defensively shit that a tank of nearly any typing combo is still a bad tank. If any one type pokemon only focused on a single concept (ei. glass cannon, wall, wall breaker etc) typings would be pretty boring.

Now I know the isint the only issue with ice type. They are also plagued with horrible movepools and abilities that almost always relate to having Hail set up. But i still stand by the fact that giving Ice types 2 to 3 resistances more would do nothing but good things, even if you had to play a bit with the typing chart all together. More speedy ice types are needed, but tanky ice types should not be a laughing stock.
>>
>>26967407
Psychic was the best type when it came out, it took years for it to climb down that ladder

not many years, bust still
>>
File: angry virizion.png (127 KB, 604x388) Image search: [Google]
angry virizion.png
127 KB, 604x388
At least you don't have 5 weaknesses on top of that
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.