[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything even remotely close the old RPG servers Netbattle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Serverlisting.png (10 KB, 350x373) Image search: [Google]
Serverlisting.png
10 KB, 350x373
Is there anything even remotely close the old RPG servers Netbattle had? I'm suddenly craving for some old school RPG server action.
>>
>>26965128

holy shit I was just thinking about this. I used to play on these servers all the time. I don't think they exist any more.
>>
>>26965128
What is this?
>>
>>26965458
it was an old battle simulator for gen 3 and 4.
>>
>>26965399
Dude i know, shit was so fun.

>>26965458
Netbattle, the old school battle sim we had back in the day.

Someone should program it for a new battle simulator.
>>
>>26965128
what did you do in those rpg server ?
>>
>>26968119
It was a text based rpg that had the routes of the original games programmed, so you could walk around and encounter wild pokemon, which you could catch and add to your battle simulator team. There were several mechanics like egg moves and shit, and the point of all was to beat the gym leaders on the towns, which where actual real people. It was super fun, and i suddenly remembered it after some years and i'm craving to play it again.
>>
>>26968180
I assume there were some fanmade regions which were used for this? It sounds really fun.
>>
>>26965128
Oh man, this takes me back.
>>
>>26968270
It was extremely fun. You could evolve your pokemon, level them up and search for new pokemon on other routes, it was really fucking fun. A shame it no longer exists.
>>
>>26968082
It's so weird you posted this at the same time I was thinking about it. I must be psychic or something because I was going to make a thread too.

It's Netbattle even used anymore? I haven't been on there in a long time. I remember even being a gym leader back then. shit was so awesome.
>>
>>26968180
Oh shit I remember this. I don't know why I forgot all about it.
>>
That's still a thing.
>>
>>26968547
It is?
>>
>>26968180
>>26968467
oh shit man now i want to play,was rpg servers made also for showdown ?
>>
>>26968505
remember how the Brazilians would sometimes come in and fuck up everything? good times
>>
>>26968596
showdown doesn't let you create servers
>>
well so far there is no avaiable download for netbattle as far as i can look,is there any client similiar to showdown which allows you to create servers ?
>>
>>26969185
>is there any client similiar to showdown which allows you to create servers ?

you might try to use pokemon online but i don't know how to see the server list
>>
>>26969234
There's a servers tab. I mean, probably importing the code wouldn't be that hard, but i don't know if it was released to the public. SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>26968270
The regions were Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in most servers and no fan made shit. I was a Mod in Pokerealm RPG, Smogon RPG, Dark Frontier RPG and also GSC RPG, I honestly enjoyed that shit more than the games itself even though the hype for new games was intense back then.

I would fucking love to have that shit back again and Mafia game too, that was the real shit!!
>>
>>26970526
By the way, I have the bragging rights for creating the breeding system, although it was not scripted, we used forums for it and it worked pretty good.
>>
>>26970542
>>26970526

I refuse to believe everything is lost. I mean... it's code after all. Someone must have it.
>>
>>26970922
I hope so, that would be amazing. Remember all the memes...

Wanna? Lose
>>
File: ScreenShot062.png (4 KB, 296x120) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot062.png
4 KB, 296x120
>>26971412
>>
http://pmnb.net/
The site's still up, although depressingly I'm not sure if there are anymore servers still online for the thing.
>>
>>26965128
I didn't know it was used for RPG too, but I really liked Netbattle. It was here that I played competitive the most (In shoddy battle too), and I stopped at the start of Pokemon Online. I'm pretty nostalgic of this period.
>>
>>26968648
One of such Brazilians here! So much fun.
>>
>>26969027
Yes, it does. Showdown is open-source, and there are already plenty of other servers.
>>
>>26969027

It does.

And chaos, the founder of Smogon, was one of NetBattle's developers, so in essence, NetBattle lives on through Smogon/Showdown.
>>
>>26976036
So you are telling me it is possible to create a RPG server? Maybe?
>>
>>26975969
no hard feelings dude sorry if I snapped at you back then. I actually miss your shenanigans now
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK