[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Region Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Region rankings.png (311 KB, 933x1014) Image search: [Google]
Region rankings.png
311 KB, 933x1014
Let's have this thread again.

Johto and Unova have the best route layouts and locations, and are smaller more compact regions that dont waste locations, rather than be huge regions with unnecessary locations (Hoenn and Sinnoh) Placers like Lake of Rage, Pokeathelon, Ecruteak City, Lanucosa Town, Marine Tube, etc are very interesting for various reasons.

Sinnoh has some absolutely irredeemable flaws, like the level of tedium involved in traversing it, the number of TMs and aformented nothing locations, but it has some of the best music in the series, and a good layout. Despite the desert route being on the save level as the snow capped route, which is dumb. Hoenn isnt that great and had 17 damn water routes and uninteresting music. It's best locations are good enough for to save it. Space Centre, Fortree, the unique locations are very good.

Kalos and Kanto are as small as Johto but both with routes that are more annoying to traverse (Kalos with the most tedious locations in the entire franchise.) Both are the extremes of region problems. Kanto is bland and Kalos is a hodgepodge of locations.

All my opinions of course, I just like discussing stuff like this.
>>
>>26964511
You accidentally swapped Unova and Kalos senpai
>>
>>26964585
Even if I lowered Unova I'd sooner raise Kanto
>>
>>26964511
This is actually accurate, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>26964511
I give Hoenn a lot of crap but I'd still call it good.
And I have a heavy bias towards Sevii Islands just because I like the island format a lot.
>>
Sinnoh deserves to be at the bottom, hoenn moved up a tier, and swap jhoto and kanto.
>>
>>26964627
Deciding on SInnoh and Hoenn is actually quite difficult. Either of them could go in good or okay and I'd still pretty much think it's my opinion. But the best and worst are definitely where they need to be.

And maybe Alola will be your thing then. I do hope the Sevii Islands come back and get an update.
>>
>>26964668
I do agree with your best and worst, at least. I'm playing White 2 for the second time since after release and just in the beginning the atmosphere of Virbank is fantastic.
>>
>>26964711
Man Ive played Black 2 twice and I'm playing HGSS a second time and I'm having such a blast. Just found out that the Pokeathelon wasnt just grafted into the region, they kept the theme of Johto by adding backstory and lore to the event by saying it's to honour a Johto person who travelled all over the island to deliver a cure to a deadly sickness.

That's fucking awesome. Johto is just a damned treasure.
>>
>>26964852
That's one thing I like about HGSS more than BW2, Pokéathlon was completely optional, and you had to go out of your way to see it and the Safari Zone.
I liked Pokéstar Studios enough to complete everything the first time, so it's not so fun being forced to do the beginning another time.
>>
>>26964511
>Kanto shit tier
>Johto god tier
You swapped those two senpai.
>>
>>26964903
>implying Kanto will ever have a hero as badass as the person the Pokeathelon was based off of >>26964852

>>26964892
Yeah, Unova and Johto were the strong story and lose story executed the best in the series, but I prefer Johto's looser story, where more is optional, not everything is related and you're more of a person passing through
>>
>>26964511
Personally I like having more to explore like Sinnoh over more compact regions like Johto. I mean, Johto has like, only two towns without gyms and they're literally the starting town and the one after it.

Sinnoh did ask you to use HMs a lot but I feel that all the extra stuff and places you can get to with those HMs make the world feel a bit bigger, I guess? Sinnoh also has a pretty big postgame area and that's not even counting the postgame stuff that's on the mainland. Johto's Postgame is just Kanto.
>>
I think Kalos and Unova are dragged down IMMENSELY by not having a good map art like the other ones, cause while they have pretty nice spots, like the whole Autumn to Winter part of Kalos (Route right before Laverre up to Snowbelle), I can't see them as a "whole" like with the others, just random locations.

Unova and Kanto are very bland and "grey" to me.

Sinnoh and Hoenn are the best ones to me, they are very atmospheric to me, with Johto following closely behind.

Sinnoh has a very nice chilly and european feel, specially in Platinum. The music is AMAZING, and locations like Snowpoint, the Shaymin route, Solaceon City, Mt. Coronet in general are very comfy to me. The lore also makes it very mysterious, with places like Turnback Cave and the Old Chateau.

Hoenn is the opposite, very tropical and lively. I love the region layout and the "exploration" feel, with Dive and the Desert, while Johto feels like a rural, nice place to live.
>>
>>26964511
>again
>dat shitty collage pic

Let's not, Bui, just take your shitposting to your autistic site.
>>
>>26964511
>p64 pic

upboat for dem mad 9 years old mspaint skills
>>
As someone who defends X/Y, I have to agree that Kalos is a very bland region.
>>
>>26964511
>unova
>anything but shit
>>
>>26964903
>>26964511
>literally the same region
>polar opposites
why
>>
File: 1457167549017.jpg (69 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1457167549017.jpg
69 KB, 500x282
>>26965031
Actually, Safari Zone Gate and Frontier Access as well. And while the later wasnt very interesting, I loved Safari Zone gate for it's great music and really cozy atmosphere. People surrounding the Zone, selling their wares and being excited about all the rare pokemon inside, love it.

I do get having more to explore though, that is indeed a good thing. And It Sinnoh did have a good number of locations to explore, including the Underground.

Unova and by the looks of it, Alola will be able to capture being compact but with a lot of exploration areas.

>>26965099
>everyone is Bui meme
I knew people would start this shit. This is a nirmal discussion and your comment is literally the first shitpost here. Fuck off.

>>26965095
I agree on that a lot actually. I put all of the map art together in a pic but dont know how to upload above the max file size. I hate the art for kalos and Unova, though ORAS Hoenn isnt much better.

Unova is urban but I love it. Makes me wish Kanto went all the way and had more paved roads in HGSS to make it more distinct.
>>
Flip OPs pic upside down, and that's pretty much where I'm at.

I love Kalos and Hoenn. Kanto and Johto seem pretty cool to me. I didn't care for Sinnoh that much. Unova is fucking garbage.
>>
>>26965162
Curious as to what makes you like Kalos the most?
>>
>>26965162
I have no idea how someone could think Kanto is one of the best regions
>>
Kanto is comfy even if it needs and update
>>
>>26965143
>literally the same region
Not trying to start shit, but come on. Kanto works just fine on its own. Johto had to piggyback on Kanto to make its games feel complete. Original Johto was a piece of shit, and although it was somewhat fixed with HGSS the region still doesn't feel like it can stand for itself.

I think my main problem with it is that we have never experienced it by itself like with other regions. As I said before, HGSS did help bring it to life, but the original one just felt like an extension rather than its own thing.
>>
>>26964511
you have really good taste OP

personally i think hoenn and sinnoh are on the same level but other than that you're spot on
>>
>>26965470
I actually agree that they're probably on the same level. But I dont know if that level is good or okay. They're like min maxed in good and bad aspects.

>>26965143
the same region? Kanto is Johto but with none of the interesting locations.
>>
>>26964511

Kanto is the greatest and best region in the world.
Tribute.
>>
>>26965571
nah
>>
>>26965829

Long time ago me and my rival Blue here,
We was hitchhikin' down a long and lonesome route.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny Pokemon.
In the middle of the route.
>>
>>26967829
And he said!

"Plaaaaay the best, generation of Pokemon. Or I'll eat your soul."
>>
>>26967846

Well me and Blue, we looked at each other,
And we each said. "Okay."
And we played the first region ever released,
Just so happened to be,
The Best Region in the World, it was The Best Region in the World.
>>
>>26967863

Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
Red and Green make two, R/G and Blue make three,
It was destiny.
>>
>>26967863

Look into my eyes and its easy to see, one and one make two, two and one make three, it was detiny.

Needless to say. The pokemon was stunned. a whip-crack of its Poketail, and the 'mon was done.
>>
1. Sinnoh
2. Johto
3. Unova
4. Kalos
5. Kanto
6. Hoenn

My own rating based on fun-factor.
>>
>>26967930

Is Sinnoh really that great a region to you, or are you only rating it that high because Platinum was a great game?

I loved Platinum, but Sinnoh isn't that great of a region IMO.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.