[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All of the bird Pokemon we have are obvious inspirations from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 326x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 326x306
All of the bird Pokemon we have are obvious inspirations from real easy-to-identify birds. What type of bird is swablu?
>>
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Swablu_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
>>
>>26958898
Some kind of parrot.
>>
>>26958898
Clouds
>>
>>26958918
It's a cloud that birds
>>
File: budgie.jpg (8 KB, 236x201) Image search: [Google]
budgie.jpg
8 KB, 236x201
>>
>>26958945
I'd love if this was the case.
>>
>>26959113
>short curved break
>white wings

I mean it's pretty possible.
>>
>>26958898
Blue Bird + Grey Jay + Cloud
>>
Pidgey? Spearow? While not explicitly based on it, it's pretty clear Swablu is based on the IDEA of a blue bird. I'd be morei nterested in knowing what the fuck spearow and pidgey were supposed to be.
>>
>>26959130
Not all budgies have white wings but the curved beak and long straight tail definitely says some kind of parakeet. But they still fucked up on the toes.

Bird thread?
>>
>>26959228
A hawk and a sparrow respectively.
>>
>>26959228
Spearow reminds me of the American Kestrel, or maybe a white tailed eagle.

Pidgey might be a dusky thrush or tree sparrow mixed with a hawk.

They aren't nearly as weird looking as the Swablu line.
>>
>>26959228
Pigeon with a Finch for Pidgey, then a Sparrow for Spearow
>>
>>26959371
>spearow is a sparrow
Yeah and Mudkip is a mudskipper
Pidgey EVOLVES INTO a hawk and even then its a pretty loose interpretation that that might nto even be what they were going for. It's about as likely as Swablu being based on a budgie
>>
>>26959405
>>spearow is a sparrow
Anon, I said "respectively". Look at the word order again.
>>
>>26959371
>>26959398
Ironically I'm pretty sure pidgey, if it's actually based on anything, draws from a sparrow moreso than Spearow does.
>>26959392
The only reason they shouldn't be considered "nearly as weird looking" is because they are proportioned more realistically. Their basis is equally if not moreso concealed considering at the very least we know Swablu was inspired by a blue bird if nothing else. We don't have a clue what they were going for with pidgey and spearow.
>>
>>26959398
The funny thing is Pidgey actually looks nothing like a pigeon. You need Pidove for that.
>>
>>26959427
>Ironically I'm pretty sure pidgey, if it's actually based on anything, draws from a sparrow moreso than Spearow does.
Yes, like I saw saying, Pidgey is a sparrow, Spearow is a hawk.
>>
>>26959435
>>26959425
>Pidgey? Spearow?
>hawk and a sparrow
What's the problem? And that's even farther off. It's pretty possible pidgeotto and pidgeot were inspired by hawks but spearow is clearly not a hawk itself. You have to be really grasping to think that. The only connection is basically "predatory bird". I don't know why people can't accept the idea that maybe it's just a generic mean bird.
>>
>>26959392
>kestrel
I agree, Spearow is along the lines of sparrow hawks, for me at least. Perhaps a red-shouldered hawk as well.
Fearow on the other hand is harder to pin down what it is exactly. My guess is a white backed vulture/goliath heron
>>
File: cottonswabs-web-300x225[1].jpg (39 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
cottonswabs-web-300x225[1].jpg
39 KB, 300x225
>>26958898
>>
Blue Bird of Happiness.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.