[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people RIGHT NOW on /veepee/ unwilling to admit that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: unova.png (877 KB, 769x498) Image search: [Google]
unova.png
877 KB, 769x498
There are people RIGHT NOW on /veepee/ unwilling to admit that Gen 5 is objectively the best gen.
>>
>>26956345
It is my favourite gen so for me its the best
>>
What sad existences they have.
BW3 when?
>>
Gen V is the marmite of Pokemon.
>>
>>26956345
It's good but those sprites were disgusting. It's practically unplayable.
>>
>there are some non-americans on /vp/ who can have an objective opinion on the worst gen not blinded by nationalism

Wew, are you a wizard OP?
How did you know?
>>
>>26956377

Is it because of the pixelated battle sprites or what? Not judging, I just don't know why people hate Gen 5 sprites. I think those are great.

>>26956378

Are you implying that I am American and that Gen 5 is the worst? I am from Barcelona, and I would like if you could explain why it's the worst.
>>
They're called faggots.
>>
>>26956345
Gen 4 is better.
>>
>>26956406
Gen 4 is actually one of the worst if not the worst
>>
>>26956392
>I am from Barcelona

Ayy petito!
Cuando tu bivir in America, Pedro? Espanol es la luengua nacionale in EE UU
>>
>>26956345
That's because Gen 5 IS objectively the best gen
>>
File: PokéGirls (2).png (758 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
PokéGirls (2).png
758 KB, 1280x1600
>2009 -> 2012
>Platinum -> HG/SS -> B/W -> B2/W2

Can we all agree that this was the pinnacle of Pokémon? From Platinum saving the Sinnoh Region, to the fresh and raw Pokémon experience of B/W, to the content and quality eruptions in HG/SS and B2/W2.

No time in Pokémon's entire history has given us such high quality and content games. HG/SS and B2/W2 in particular being GOAT, with Pt and B/W offering very welcome changes of pace between them.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (180 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
180 KB, 800x800
>>26956428

I started this thread just wanting to bait people, but I gotta agree with you. Those games are my favorites (excluding Crystal because of nostalgia).

It seemed like Game Freak really tried with those. Why did they give up after B2/W2?
>>
>>26956464
Blame Masuda.

He has this backwards mentality that more content can diminish the game. He's also been pushing the "gotta make the games easier for kids!" and blames Mobile Gaming.

Also, of those four games I mentioned, only B/M was directed by Masuda, arguably the most controversial of the four, and definitely the smallest in content. Coincidence? I think not.

I give a free pass to X/Y for being the first games in the transition to 3D Models, but OR/AS were embarrassing.

I am optimistic for the future of Pokémon though. Masuda is leaving the franchise, and S/M had an extra year of development. Surely we will finally get good levels of content again!
>>
File: Pokemon-Black-2-White-2-2.jpg (64 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Black-2-White-2-2.jpg
64 KB, 480x360
>>26956478

Yeah, yeah, kids are dumb and whatnot because of mobile gaming... But I will never understand is why the fuck newer versions don't have the option to skip tutorials. I've been playing Pokemon for almost 17 years, I know damn well how to catch 'em.

Anyhow, there's some hope with S/M. I want to believe.
>>
File: w3rrewr.png (301 KB, 780x513) Image search: [Google]
w3rrewr.png
301 KB, 780x513
No lie I'd love if sun and moon had even half the stuff you could do in BW2hell there's even a trick to getting infinite rare candies anytime in nimbasa city. XY's post game was to dry and ORAS was slightly better but not enough.

And to avoid any bling love/nostalgia comments I'm willing to admit outside of the story BW1's postgame was lacking too.
>>
>>26956345
Its definitely a contender for best gen, and I've played every gen since gen 1 came out
>>
I don't own a ds and playing on emulator is more fun with gba games than with slow ds games.

also, why so many pokemons, its giving me a headache. srsly GF stap
>>
>>26956592
No.
>>
>>26956345
Can't be best gen with a region like that. The rivals and "oh so deep story which is actually just shit" don't really help either.
>>
>>26956541
>>26956541
I know exactly what you mean. I've been playing since red and blue first came out(I was in 7th grade). I don't expect to be catered too but damn. I've been playing ORAS for the first time this past month and fuck if it isn't the easiest shit ever. I have yet to be completely knocked out by an opponent, even using only Pokémon available to you via the natural game. The last game I seriously ran through was black and white a few years ago and I loved it, it was near perfect. Only reason I still am playing ORAS is to build a pokedex for SM in hopes it will elevate the franchise.

TLDR: I know the game is for kids but doesn't GF know their primary player base are people who've been playing for decades?
>>
File: marina.jpg (23 KB, 297x207) Image search: [Google]
marina.jpg
23 KB, 297x207
Not my favorite, but I have fond memories of playing my DS late into the night while it was raining and entering one of those gate areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqV78L6a0QM
>>
>>26956428
This post is the truth.

/thread
>>
>>26956628
When I first got BW2 I played it until very early in the morning, walking around Virbank City at 4am was comfy af.
>>
>>26956592

Gen V has the best text and combat speed.
>>
J O I N A V E N U E
A
V
E
N
U
E
>>
>>26956345
I mean I think this is the most comfy region between the seasons and sick music
>>
>>26956345
>Implying your opinion is fact
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.